• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scranton Bi Weekly Season 3 Rankings Start Tues Nov 13th

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
Hello Everyone,

We will be starting season 3 of the TGP Bi- weeklies for smash every Tuesday Night at 6:30 at ThatGamingPlace 1608 N Main ave Scranton PA.

Here is the schedule for Season 3:
Each week is $5 to enter and will have a cash and point.
Point for a tournament will be as follows
1st-10
2nd- 7
3rd- 5
4th-5th- 3
6,7,8,9- 2
10,11,12,13- 1

Week 1- Nov 13th - 1 vs 1 best 2/3 4 stock
Week 2- Nov 27th- Low Tier Night
Week 3- Dec 4th- 1 vs 1 best 2/3 4 stock
Week 4- Dec 11th- Team night, both partners get full points
Week 5- Dec 18th-1 vs 1 best 2/3 4 stock
Week 6- Jan 1st- Items on Night 1 vs 1 best 2/3 4 stock
Week 7- Jan 8th- 1 vs 1 best 2/3 4 stock
Week 8- Jan 15th-Last Chance (rules to follow) ??!!!???!!!

Tournament Of Champions- Jan 22nd
This will be a double elimination random seeded tournament which will cost $7/person
The ammount of stock you get per match will be based on you points for the season
you need at least 18 points to enter the tournament
18 points- 1 stock
19-28- 2 stocks
28-35- 3 stocks
36- 45- 4 stocks
46+- 5 stocks

The ToC will Pay out to the top 7 People with a prize pool of at least $150

Hope to see everyone involed with this new fun way to play smash

Nick

_umbra_

Smash Champion
should be coming to most of these, slim finishes football this week and beef gets his drivers license later this month :) Don't think I'll enter low tier, but items sounds interesting... What will be the rules for the items tournament (any banned items, different stages, item appearance rate, etc)? I don't particularly like the idea of point totals determining stock for the tournament of champions, but I think that the t.o.c. itself is a great idea. :) although I won't get in it anyway. :(

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
id love to come but
1. I NEED A RIDE
2. I NEED MONEY
3. CAPE U ******* ..lol u will beat me again lol that was fun
i really i want to get in the ranks

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
Umbra the points determing stocks for the TOC is to help prevent from someone only coming once or twice and getting into the ToC and then ****** everyone that has been showing up consistently.

Nick

Kruton

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I live in Tunkhannock, where it's about a 25 min drive to TGP (or the old TGP anyways). I was wondering how many people usually show up at these tourneys?

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
the new tgp should be like 5 mins closer to you

once the rankings start again on the 13th, we have 10 - 15 / week

AIM me @Giants625 with any questions

_umbra_

Smash Champion
We should be coming this tuesday :) Any idea how long this would be? We have to be home by 9:00, or 9:30 at the absolute latest since its a school night :(. Also, should I bring my cube?

ShadowStar

Smash Rookie
TGP is the absolute worst place for smash tournaments they have nothing but laggy TVs the owner complains about everything and it's hardly worth your time. It's bad enough the people that go there as "regulars" are nothing but ******* who are overly cocky and need to not play this game ever again. Screw TGP and all who go there.

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
Nice to know this is what the smash community has come to... please flex your e-muscles somewhere else or talk to me in person. we have sucessful been having smash tournaments for over 2 years now so obviosuly many don't agree with you

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Surprised to see this from some random noob all the way in florida who has probably never been anywhere near here. Not that it matters though, he's just some random nobody.

Nick, I have bad news... We can't make it today, Slim couldn't come and he was our only chance of getting there :(. We'll try to come to the next one, slim in particular wants to do low tier :)

Wako

Smash Cadet
TGP is the absolute worst place for smash tournaments they have nothing but laggy TVs the owner complains about everything and it's hardly worth your time. It's bad enough the people that go there as "regulars" are nothing but ******* who are overly cocky and need to not play this game ever again. Screw TGP and all who go there.
You are the coolest person ever!

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
Surprised to see this from some random noob all the way in florida who has probably never been anywhere near here. Not that it matters though, he's just some random nobody.

Nick, I have bad news... We can't make it today, Slim couldn't come and he was our only chance of getting there :(. We'll try to come to the next one, slim in particular wants to do low tier :)
:( you better make it next week you are going to be loosing out on points!!!

Nick

Top Bottom