• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Coin Chaser Vids

Coin Chaser

Smash Journeyman
I think I remember promising someone 2 years ago I would get vids of my mario up and i dont remember who....haha....well i hope he sees this thread

these vids are about 2 months old...when i 1st picked up falcon.....so the 1st match is probably a waste of ur time haha....i do mean it.....but if u want to watch the full set ill show u them all

Coin Chaser (falcon) vs The Bino (samus) Match 1 FoD
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Vht8fAsu90Y

Coin Chaser (mario) vs The Bino (samus) Match 2 BF
http://youtube.com/watch?v=p84-RDhiAzY

Coin Chaser (mario) vs The Bino (samus) Match 3 FD
http://youtube.com/watch?v=p1G9Vec7Uhw

Coin Chaser (mario) vs The Bino (samus) Match 4 DL
http://youtube.com/watch?v=14J-_TjcSdc
my personal favorite

Coin Chaser (mario) vs The Bino (samus) Match 5 YS
http://youtube.com/watch?v=p6S6StiOlNI

honestly post what ever u want....Coin Chaser your awsome....Coin Chaser nice move at 1:23 Coin Chaser you suck my mario is better.....Coin Chaser why did you do this here....and ill be happy to answer you if its an intellegent response

oh and enjoy the vids : )

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You have sic skill dude. The only thing I can suggest is that you ease up on the fireballs some and use alternate methods of returning to the stage from the ledge. Those were the things that hurt you the most, but overall, it was really good.

Coin Chaser

Smash Journeyman
You have sic skill dude. The only thing I can suggest is that you ease up on the fireballs some and use alternate methods of returning to the stage from the ledge. Those were the things that hurt you the most, but overall, it was really good.
thanx, yeah im always not sure what to do, probably 75% a waveland on....if i f-air its bc i messed up, i prob meant to d-air but generally, most people including me, wd back then f-smash so i try not to ledgehop d-air.....if u have any suggestions im all ears.....i dont feel im at the advantage when im on the ledge as people would when their marth or sheik

...Good fireball game...glad to see I'm not the only one using them like a maniac good Mario...keep up the work
haha thanx......i do pat myself on the back for fireball accuracy,especially samus when shes recoevering but u saw a couple times the bino was smart and used to to his benfit by up bing to it

Jeez, this guy is terrible!
how about u beat my mario once :p

noo! Your just jealous of his AWESOME skills! :laugh:

Not too bad but you need to work on your WD game and approaching game...
haha dont worry about adi, i play him ona regular basis he was just joking, i think my wd game is pretty good, if im not dashdancing im fire ball spamming or im spacing myself with wd b-airs or f-smashes

also i dont think i have too bad of an apporach game....if i get a lil too agresive i do get punished i agree

give me some recommendations of where my wd game was bad or appproaches i should do diffrently, i mean if i f-air it might me bc i thought i could catch him off guard.....but mostly they are d-air and n-airs

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I agree, your approach game is good. If you would like a suggestion, try to use aerials that will have you behind your opponent after you use them. Reason being it is worthless for the opponent to CC or try to shield grab because you are on their other side. I understand that that is difficult to pull off when you don't know what they will do though. One more thing, I don't think it's a good idea to fireball a Samus with full charge, but you probly know that already.

Coin Chaser

Smash Journeyman
I agree, your approach game is good. If you would like a suggestion, try to use aerials that will have you behind your opponent after you use them. Reason being it is worthless for the opponent to CC or try to shield grab because you are on their other side. I understand that that is difficult to pull off when you don't know what they will do though. One more thing, I don't think it's a good idea to fireball a Samus with full charge, but you probly know that already.
u know i didnt realize i dont do it against samus when i usually do an aerial that leaves me behind an opponent....i guess i do it unconciously with peach and marth.....samus' throw is jsut too slow....but ill work on that, usually his cc game is to d-smash so it wouldnt help me too much haha.....

yeah thats a good idea...i take samus full charge to the face a lot....i actually didnt think of it haha thanx for the advice

Coin Chaser

Smash Journeyman
hey corn chaser, how bout that MM. i think i learned all yer tricks watchin them there vids. i can tell rockslide will vs avalance in a crew battle what do you say
sure bring it on...now since ur my alter ego do u play completely opposite to me?

Yer good dude
haha thanx dude, any suggestions im all ears, i remember seeing u post a lot in other threads, dont b shy

ill def be putting some more matches up in this thread when i can, and i kno the bino is making combo vids for everyone in our crew, ill let u kno when thats done too

any other suggetions/critism?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well, if you really want somethin else, I noticed that (in the second match) when you returned to the stage, Samus just sat there and waited for you to make a move then punished you. I know it may seem minor, but I've seen alot of talented players (me too though I'm not really one of them) taken by this. The best way to cope with this simple mindgame/ledgeguard is to use your own mindgames to force them to make a move then possibly turn their own pressure against them. Didn't mean to make this post so long, was only tryin to help. Good stuff though.

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
yo coin chaser its cloudz(from avalanche)

your mario is to good and im thinking about taking him up as a character so if you wanna teach me ;) id be more then happy to take any tips you have to offer.

when are you getting together with bino because i wanna play with you guys

Coin Chaser

Smash Journeyman
yo coin chaser its cloudz(from avalanche)

your mario is to good and im thinking about taking him up as a character so if you wanna teach me ;) id be more then happy to take any tips you have to offer.

when are you getting together with bino because i wanna play with you guys
thanx for the compliments

i wouldnt recommend playing a mario unless u want him as just a counter someone that doesnt know how to play a mario......but otherwise hes pretty bad honestly.....but if ur stubborn like i am, i would b happy to help u out if u pick up mario, just pm me or send me an IM at Linkbosco

im sure we will play sometime with bino.....cya then

Gea

Smash Master
You need to be muuuuch more agressive edgeguarding. Fireball till the Samus is close then wavedash off backwards. If its a sweetspotted grapple IMMEDIATELY bair and if you whiff because she is pulling herself up double jump and bair again immediately. Problem solved there.

If its the screw attack just edgehog it out with good timing.

Also: try angled fsmashes instead of angled ftilts. The Samus was missing sweetspots sometimes and it would have been a stock. Hell, go into that bomb jump with good timing and a nair. The bombs will cancel your nair lag (careful about double jumping if another bomb is about) and stop her from keeping height or hopefully knock her away.

Agressive edge guarding = good edge guarding.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
i wouldnt recommend playing a mario unless u want him as just a counter someone that doesnt know how to play a mario......but otherwise hes pretty bad honestly.....but if ur stubborn like i am, i would b happy to help u out if u pick up mario
It's so sad that this is true. Only the stubborn play Mario and Doc XD

Coin Chaser

Smash Journeyman
You need to be muuuuch more agressive edgeguarding. Fireball till the Samus is close then wavedash off backwards. If its a sweetspotted grapple IMMEDIATELY bair and if you whiff because she is pulling herself up double jump and bair again immediately. Problem solved there.

If its the screw attack just edgehog it out with good timing.

Also: try angled fsmashes instead of angled ftilts. The Samus was missing sweetspots sometimes and it would have been a stock. Hell, go into that bomb jump with good timing and a nair. The bombs will cancel your nair lag (careful about double jumping if another bomb is about) and stop her from keeping height or hopefully knock her away.

Agressive edge guarding = good edge guarding.
1st off thanx for watching the vids and giving advice

im usually always hesistant when it comes to edgeguarding bc i usually am too agressive and they turn it around on me and im the one off the edge and being edge guarded haha

ill def b trying those next time i play...thanx for the advice

It's so sad that this is true. Only the stubborn play Mario and Doc XD
hahaha....i think the huge problem mario has is he doesnt have a huge advantage over any character unless ur opponent doesnt kno mario

anyone i play for the 1st time....i usually 2-3stock, but after a while people start to learn how to out prioritize mario....for example my friend discoevered to spam u-smash with fox and it counters nearly all of marios attacks......maybe hes just usedto my timing but its really annoying haha

in a tourney i recently played in....i got sent to losers by a IC that just wd f-snashed or wd dsmashed.....i was doing very well on making sure he didnt grab me.....but i still lost lol, i should have went falcon.....but having mario as a character people arent used to i think is reason enough to pick up mario

Top Bottom