• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*sigh* here we go again...

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
yeah,i lost 5 stcok matches just now,against a shiek,marth,luigi,gannon,mario main(my bro in other words),man, i dunno what to do,i tried playing as marth,shiek,but its not working...i even lost a 5 stock against luigi! and my bro doesnt bother playing me anymore..."its not worth a challenge he says"

i tried ALOT of shield grabs,and ducks,but its not effective,how can i smash my bro out,i miss 80 percent the time,i do "jump behind him,and bairs" he figured it out, somehow,doing a series a firefox's help slow him down,i dont think its smart...

can someone "train",or coach me too get better..no vids,sorry

GOTM

Smash Champion
bro you just need to watch some videos. the way you talk it seems you dont know any techniques that are going to help you at all.

do you know how to wavedash? do you shine a lot and jump cancel it? do you l-cancel your attacks? can you short hop? if you can't answer yes to like more than two of these questions you need to start practicing.

go to youtube.com and watch vids of like mew2kings fox, silent wolfs fox, kdj's fox, and try and emulate them after learning the basic techniques i laid out.

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
bro you just need to watch some videos. the way you talk it seems you dont know any techniques that are going to help you at all.

do you know how to wavedash? do you shine a lot and jump cancel it? do you l-cancel your attacks? can you short hop? if you can't answer yes to like more than two of these questions you need to start practicing.

go to youtube.com and watch vids of like mew2kings fox, silent wolfs fox, kdj's fox, and try and emulate them after learning the basic techniques i laid out.

i know many techs,just simple ones like short hop,tech roll,shield grab,shine jump

wavedashing is gonna take forever to learn,i never have a chance to practice it during shcool days,its failing, btw,my bro know no techs...

GOTM

Smash Champion
i know many techs,just simple ones like short hop,tech roll,shield grab,shine jump

wavedashing is gonna take forever to learn,i never have a chance to practice it during shcool days,its failing, btw,my bro know no techs...
wavedashing does not take forever to learn at all, thats just a myth. you can sit down and learn to wavedash in a couple hours, and then it'll take some more time to learn how to incorporate that into your playstyle and real matches.

theres also no point to not learn these techniques just because your brother doesnt. this is how you will beat people like him, and others as well. fox is a very technical character and you can't become great with him unless you know some of the basics.

Top Bottom