• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Andy/Advance Wars //Official Support Thread\\ 4 Brawl

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
Andy – The Forgotten

This is just a reminder of one of the most favored at the start of 2007. Unfortunately:( like other characters (Ray, Chibi-Robo, Mike Jones, Balloon Fighter and Lip) Andy was a forgotten newcomer from a new series. At the moment, likely newcomers from new series are Captain Olimar, Some Animal Crossing Character and the most favored Isaac. Well this post is a reminder on how good Andy used to be.

Fictional History:
Andy is a young boy that starts his first career in the Orange Stars, being a CO. Andy proves himself to be a strong commander but sometimes forgetful. As a mechanical freak Andy is great commander when it comes to repairing vehicles (special ability Hyper Repair and Hyper Upgrade) , the courageous boy leads his army of Orange Stars to victory over Cosmo Land and Marco Land against other forces like Blue Moons, Yellow Commits, Green Earth and Black Hole. When discovering the almighty power of Andy, forces like the Black Hole start making clones of him (the clones have continued to appear throughout the game). With the Black Hole becoming super strong other forces must ally to defeat him once and for all. :grin:

Games:

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (Possibly):confused:

Appearance:
Andy would stick out as a character having human like details but maybe his clothing and weapons a little inappropriate. Overall Andy is one of the most unique characters that could be in brawl along with Agent J (Elite Beat Agents), Ray (Custom Robo), Lip, Dr. Lobe (teacher like appearance) and Little Mac (very unique being the first sports character.) Out of that list Little Mac would look more unique than him, since Andy would appear to be the first army character, which is good because today Army video game genres are popular. If Kirby sucked him up, Kirby would appear to have an Orange Star Hat.;)

Attacks:
This is a sketch of some attacks Andy could have (it wasn’t me who did it)

Now this is the key advantages of Andy, he has a completely new set of moves, than any other character.

Basic attacks: I guess his trusty spanners will be handy in close combat and well he could throw for long range.

Grab: This sound painful but he could tighten the spanners (or wrench, I forget) on players hands making him have the ability to swing enemies.

Special Ability 1: The possibility of gunfire may be possible but it would be probably a small pistol and he fires once. I’d like him to fire it in one hand pointing 90 degree whilst rest of the body facing the screen. I know they aren’t keen on gunfire in Brawl so I tried to keep a minimum use of guns for Andy since he does barely use them, in Advance Wars anyway.

Special Ability 2: Hyper Repair, the first healing attack in Brawl, except for Peaches Final Smash. I wouldn’t like this to be done too often because then Andy would be so invincible, so it’s either every 5 times he hyper repairs he knocks down 1% of the bar, or the more likely, he can use it once every time a player falls of the stage. When this is done Andy point a wrench to the air and flashy stuff (like the stuff around Super Sayon in DBZ) goes around Andy for a second, whilst he shouts “HYPER REPAIR!” This was an ability taken from Advance Wars

Special Ability 3: Hyper Upgrade is another ability taken from Advance Wars; this is completely the same, except it makes Andy more powerful for a certain amount of time, whether it upgrades his spanner to a bigger spanner or just improves his attack and defense. There is two ways of getting Hyper Upgrade, do Hyper Repair a certain amount of times or charge Hyper Repair up for along time. Of coarse when doing this he will have the same action as Hyper Repair except bigger.

Final Smash: Andy had two possibilities; he either drives a neo tank (unlikely now since Fox has a similar Final Smash) or the more popular Artillery.

Taunt: Speaks into communicator “I repeat victory soldiers, attack full throttle”:laugh:

Stage:
Here is a stage I made with a friend who wants Dr. Lobe in it. Please comment about it or any miss understanding. It’s pretty rough but I hope you like it::p

Music:
Simply remixes of the original Advance Wars theme song or Andys Theme song.

Why he has lost popularity:
Found more ideas
My theory is that he isn’t seen a lot and a lot of people haven’t heard of him. This theory is possible because Isaac normally wins against Andy in forums with no pictures, whilst in one of the IGN Smash It Up! Article they wanted to see who was more popular Andy looked like he one, maybe because he had a picture and description of him. :ohwell:

Notes: None of these images except for the stage were drawn up by me. This is my first post and if this turns out too big can some one help me resize the picture:confused:

PS: This is my first posy and don't wprry Little Mac fans, my theory is Little Mac as ab assist trophy is the beggining of moves, they will probably update him in further games.
box-l.jpg[/IMG]

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
You did put a lot into this thread thumbs up for that, as for the character NO thanks.
Yes don't worry lots of people are arguing over it, in IGN Andy was big their (if i remember the last time going their.) I think you might have to like updat him and that to enjoy his pleasure in Brawl. Oh and that character move sketch you saw is shocking, i just put it their, to say thank to who ever did it but he shore did ruin Andy as a character he doen't have small gadgets like that.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Much as I love Advance Wars, I don't see it happening. They just don't have a character that would make a good PC in a game like Brawl - the whole series is about commanding generic troops in large-scale tactical battles, with the only unique individuals in the games doing the commanding, not any actual fighting. And especially in Andy's case, hes a mechanic, not a soldier. It just doesn't fit IMO - the series is better suited to being used in ATs, like the one we've already seen, or as generic Subspace Emissary opponents.

Incidentally, theres nothing "convincing" in this thread - you just gave an explanation of who he is and what you feel he could do if he were in (which was just as awkward-seeming as I figured it would be no less), not why he should be in. Those are distinctly different things.

Zevox

kaid

Smash Master
Sami's better than both.

I would also find it amusing if Max appeared in a Neotank. (the tank with legs, so it can jump...kinda)

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
Now her I could see working - shes a soldier, trained and equipped as such. Problem is of course that she isn't the series' main character.

Zevox
their is a way around this we can add wrench hitting Andy and then add gun firing Sammi, that'd be good, close range character and long range. The only problem is they don't want many guns in Brawl

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
You guys are actually right, if they have Advance Wars characters in they need to have all three of the protaganists. Oh nd can someone give feednack on my stage?

Eagle

Smash Lord
I was playing Advance Wars 2 recently. (Got boring pretty quickly)

Anyways, Andy would seem pretty cool.

Whats better then whacking people with wrenches?

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, I don't particularly like Andy, but I do support him out of principle. So far, Nintendo Wars is the largest series to not have representation in the form of a playable character. Andy is certainly the most deserving character to fill that roll, being the main character in 2 games and having a big roll in another.

Plus, maybe Sami could be thrown in as his clone, since more people seem to like her. I know that sounds like a stretch, but they do have pretty similar body proportions.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
They don't hurt it that's for sure. But they technically can't really be seen as a improvement.

Anyways, I think if Andy does get in, that the best way to use him is in a similar manner to Tronn Bonne in MvC2. Basically he'd have a modified neo tank to do the fighting for him, while he's visible in the cockpit. :O

(Actually, error_alt_delete's icon is a good way to visualize it, if you must)

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm, nice thinking but ihave a move from the games. Andy's Hyper Repair. Simply a healing power (but weak, or he is too strong.) I can imagine what happens... he lifts a wrnch and orang fire appears around him (like dbz when super sayen.)

Also i prefer Sammi too but, i chose Andy because Andy has to go first. And Sammi, hard to be a clone, since all she has is guns, big guns, bigger guns and biggest guns.... you get my point. Also, it would ruin her popularity, if she was a clone

Oh and im starting do do Andys move thread.

Also one of my friends (knows a guy creating Brawl), mentioned to me Andy is playable,he said he forgot the source (so its unlikely) but it did chear me up.

Also, if you like to see an Advance Wars player badly, well im making a club similar to S.S.S or R.I.D.L.E.Y or that random Geno one, for Advance Wars. I just need to make n acount on an Advance Wars forum and tell the news. Then ill creat an R.A.W (Renaisance of Advance Wars) thread on singning up.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
Wondering what Sammi looks like, here is her pics (you can find her holding bazookas etc. on the cover artwork, and that humungous pic of her, max and Andy in the tank)

And ill add her emotions pics (e.g her face angry), in the game, later.

D

Deleted member

I actually had a dream about an Advance/Battalion Wars battle stage.

It was basically a WW1 style no-mans land stage surrounded with barbed wire, with tanks, artillery and troops running past in the background and explosions and shells raining down on the stage. Cool, but not too good for current events...

Anyway, MAJOR props for a good character page. Not to sure about Andy. I would LOVE to play as him, but the COs can't really fight. AT tanks et all are probably all we shall see from this frachise.

See what world icon pops up for the tanks AT, okay? Then we'll know, either way.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
hmmm, i reckon it is a possibility, since captin falco, had no moves till hemad it to brawl. The other alernative 2nd character is Lash, she is more pop than Andy too.

Top Bottom