• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E for All Firsthand Impressions DISCUSSION Thread

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Post your thoughts, reactions, and comments to the impressions in the
Impressions Thread here.

Just a note: if you find yourself getting into a specific subject into a lot of depth, you may want to see if there's a thread already discussing that subject in depth. Chances are, there will be, and if there isn't feel free to start one. This thread is more for general comments, analysis, etc.--anything that doesn't really warrant its own thread.

Thanks a lot, and enjoy these next few days of intense analysis.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
yes, can't wait to see what people think. Please somebody find out if sonic has a shadow alternate :)

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
lol.

Already heard Fox got nerfed just from watching vids of Brawl.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Well lets hope for the best.

Hey guys i dont know if is too early or what... but i think is time to do it because fomr today, things will start to change in character wise descriptions.

Since we will later be flooded with lost of posts about characters and specifications i think is time to do the official "Brawl character discussion".

Not like the one we already have (with possible newcomers and so on)... but like the forum we have with Melee.... im talking about official character forums.

It will be easy for us to read all the info instead of searching evrything in this post.

What you think?

MikeMan445

Smash Journeyman
Well lets hope for the best.

Hey guys i dont know if is too early or what... but i think is time to do it because fomr today, things will start to change in character wise descriptions.

Since we will later be flooded with lost of posts about characters and specifications i think is time to do the official "Brawl character discussion".

Not like the one we already have (with possible newcomers and so on)... but like the forum we have with Melee.... im talking about official character forums.

It will be easy for us to read all the info instead of searching evrything in this post.

What you think?
That's actually a good idea. But it might clutter up the forums too much (there are already about 5 billion subforums)

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Well, didn't bother to find out when the first impressions will be likely to surface, but hopefully by the time I'm done with work in 4 1/2 hours there will be something in the other thread. Something tells me that the stupid Wii remote solo style will keep us from finding out some of the big things, but the flood of hands-on impressions will still likely yield some interesting info.

And seriously? Why did no one crawl in the game-play videos? I can understand the lack of FSJing, (Foot Stool Jumping) but no crawling? Ugh, whatever, now the PROS (any smashboarder compared to the press) are there to do the job right!

El Raspa

Smash Apprentice
Hello I'm new on the forum (not in the smash world), and i wanted to say "HELLO EVERYONE" and the best way to do it is especting some great news!!!

**** it I would like to be in the "E for all" event

I'm particularly interested in know if there is still the wavedash or it isn't. I hope someone could give us the notice

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to the boards El Raspa, and hopefully soon we'll know alot more. Keep checking the official hands-on impressions thread. :)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Just as long as we remember that things can be changed. Yeah, moves like the specials, aerials, smashes, tilts, and finals and all that are probably set. But remember, their overall damage can change, so judging a tier list of sorts (cuz there will probably be people who will do so) is rather silly.

I'm excited to see things that won't change, like the actual structure of the moves, and a whole lot of things related to the physics engine, which I know you all are too. I know all our "reporters" will work hard to get the information we crave. :)

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Seriously is good to know that our members at last will be able to play the game.....ah this sensation is good.

From mopnths we ahve been waiting this day! oh yes!

The Director

Smash Lord
so judging a tier list of sorts is rather silly.
I agree, but from what we've seen so far there's one character that stands out among the rest: Meta Knight is going to be high tier. Sakurai sure does know a lot about nepotism.

IGN says they were able to pick him up and win almost every time. I called it: MK is the new Fox, accept HE CAN FLY!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Same thing was true IIRC for Bowser since he had super-armor in early demos of Melee. And we all know where he turned up. Nerf-age can still occur.

KirbySSB

Smash Ace
I agree, but from what we've seen so far there's one character that stands out among the rest: Meta Knight is going to be high tier. Sakurai sure does know a lot about nepotism.

IGN says they were able to pick him up and win almost every time. I called it: MK is the new Fox, accept HE CAN FLY!
Meta-knight might completely suck for all we know, the IGN impressions don't mean anything.

Top Bottom