• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CPPomona Three - Melee Monthlies

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
! Alert: This tournament series has been discontinued.

Original post below:

Cal Poly Pomona SSBM tournaments will begin starting November 17th hosted by Kira.

All Cal Poly Pomona tournaments will be for Melee only. If you want to play Brawl, you may bring your own copy and setup to play AFTER the tournament has concluded.

PLEASE POST IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN COMING OR IF YOU CAN BRING EQUIPMENT! Thank you.

ADDRESS:
23 University Dr.
Pomona, CA 91768

The venue is at Aliso Hall, the farthest building in the Northeast corner of the campus.

PARK ANYWHERE IN F1 THROUGH F4, THE VENUE IS BUILDING 23
It is safe to park in these lots during the weekends.
A

FULL CAMPUS MAP:

Since the venue is always locked, you'll have to call me or someone else there so we can open the door for you.

SCHEDULE:
Doubles bracket will begin at 11am SHARP. That means get here before 11am to sign up. You can come later for singles, but if the bracket has already started then it is too late to sign up.

Most likely the tourney will be done before 8pm, depending on how many people attend. I think last time we ended at like 7, but honestly I have no idea.

ENTRY FEES:
Singles: $5
Teams: $10 per team ($5 per person)
No Venue or Electricity Fee because I always thought those were lame and I'm not throwing this to profit.

NOTE: While it is free to spectate and not enter the tournament, friendlies will not be allowed while the bracket is being run. If you don't enter the tournament and want to play friendlies, you'll have to wait until after the brackets finish, since tournament matches have priority.

EQUIPMENT:
A tournament can only be as good as the people who come. So we need people to help bring TVs and Gamecubes. We have couches, chairs, tables, etc. so just a TV and system is needed. Please post if you can bring anything.

VII. RULES
General (apply to all events unless otherwise noted):

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked. If the new stage has been previously reset by either player during the same set, that stage is reset again. (Random Stage Reset)
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set. You can ban neutral stages. This does not include the random reset at the beginning of the match.
* Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned. L-trigger mods, shorthop mods, and turbo controllers will NOT be allowed during tournament play.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.
* Wobbling is banned. Anyone caught wobbling must either lose stock or forfeit the current game, depending on a staff member's judgment.

Payouts:
1st: 60% of pot
2nd: 30% of pot
3rd: 10% of pot

Brackets:

* Bracket matches are best 2 of 3, 4 stock.
* 8 minute time limit.
* Double Elimination
* Winners' bracket finals, losers' bracket finals, and championship sets are all best 3 of 5.
* If two players who have already played in Winner's Bracket meet again in Loser's Bracket, they will play a continuation set. I did a poor job trying to explain this with text, just ask for Kira at the tournament if this comes up and I'll tell you how it works.

I will be using Tio to run this tournament.

Stages:

* Singles Neutral: Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium
* Singles counterpicks: all Singles Neutral stages plus Pokefloats, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Kongo Jungle 64, Mute City, Brinstar, Green Greens, Corneria.
* Doubles Neutral: Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium.
* Doubles counterpicks: all Doubles Neutrals plus Kongo Jungle 64, Pokefloats, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Brinstar, Green Greens, Corneria.
* Things to note: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City are banned for doubles, Mushroom Kingdom II and Termina Bay are NOT allowed as counter-pick stages.

Tvs/Cubes
We had 8 setups the first time and 5 the last time. I'm expecting 7-8 because P is bringing TVs this time.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
lol @ 12th best in socal asking 15th worst to team

but i guess mike and i both got honorable mentions on that list so it's legit

pomona vs ucr... we could do that
ucla would be too easy though

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I'll be here for this. Kira, you can have a chair to hold the door open =] Not the front door, the RA will ***** bout it, but the one in the lobby.. which is next to the front door... I usually see that door proct'd open.

If you're coming from the 10, there's an Exit onto Kellogg.. just take that, and it'll bring you straight to the Venue =]

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
also to prepare for brawl, no wavedashing will be allowed. if you wavedash, a staff member may choose to either have you lose stock, or forfeit the game.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
If anybody wants to pay for my gas, I can give people ride from the Orange County area =]

p.s, I feel up with 100 octane which costs 8.99 =[

Suxor

Smash Cadet
Hell yes Ill be home on Saturday anybody wanna smash before this? I live around Garfield Park and the Village Acedemy

Im willin to walk :]

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Yeah people are coming over RIGHT NOW LOL.

and if anyone wants to smash tomorrow (fri, oct 26) then contact me, we'll probably have a smashfest.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
No johns, its like 25 minutes away from Montebello.

Top Bottom