• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Fountain of Dreams!

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
I searched for this and didn't find anything, hope I used it right. If nobody has wanted this back I'll be disappointed - it needs to be bigger and more expansive but I thought it was the prettiest level of SSBM by far. All my best screenshots came from there and it had that mystical quality to it, like Rainbow Road in Mario Kart.

Anyone else agree?

TMS

Smash Journeyman
Definitely the best looking and best music for a stage in Melee. I would really like to see this stage return.

Kruton

Smash Ace
The water graphics SUCKED! They would definitely need to improve on that.

FalcoChamp

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about fountain of dreams again. I mean there are several stages just like it. Like battlefield and yoshis island. In brawl they are trying to eliminate repeats not make more. Which is why I mourn falco:urg:

Kruton

Smash Ace
I don't know about fountain of dreams again. I mean there are several stages just like it. Like battlefield and yoshis island. In brawl they are trying to eliminate repeats not make more. Which is why I mourn falco:urg:

FOD is nothing like Battlefield. And the only shared similarity between FoD and Yoshi's Story is maybe the vertical and horizontal KO heights. Fountain of Dreams moving/disappearing platforms make it unique from any other stage.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
The style alone made FOD completely astounding. This might make me sound like a nerd but I would sometimes load up just one on one's in Fountain of Dreams because it felt more epic. It's the kind of place where it feels like important battles are decided, I don't know. lol The soundtrack was great too. I would give up a testicle to see a bigger version in Brawl.

The Qu

Smash Apprentice
Count me in. The stage was very nice. I'd like it to be more distinctive, tho. Or at least bigger. Agreed on all counts about the graphics and the music. Kirby's music was my favorite in SSBM, I think. I was lucky enough to get the soundtrack, and its awesome!

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
FOD is nothing like Battlefield. And the only shared similarity between FoD and Yoshi's Story is maybe the vertical and horizontal KO heights. Fountain of Dreams moving/disappearing platforms make it unique from any other stage.
Dont forget stages like Skyworld(breakable platforms) Battleship halberd and Delfino Plaza(Stage moves around and becomes diffrent parts of the area)

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
The only two things I really thought would help the stage out is a couple small but permanent platforms on either side of the fountain, maybe have some of those blade thrower guys from Kirby positioned on them so that you have to fight to stand there. Also just to make the fountain bigger, cause frankly it was awesome. The colors man, the colors! @_@

FalcoChamp

Smash Apprentice
The stage is too small and to similar to others. They need to add something to make it unique

T-major

Smash Champion
frankly, the only reason I "liked" it in Melee was because of the music. and now with the My Music option... yeah, you can see where I'm going with this...

I found it too small in Melee. if they made it bigger in Brawl, and flat, with no "being able to fall off the stage if you walk too far" (because thats not how it is in the Kirby games.), then it would be awesome.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well....not really, this stage was one of the stages I really disliked in Melee because of it's music, appearance and plus those annoying platforms that kept sinking

Bou

Smash Rookie
I was never a big fan of that stage, all the vibrant colors and background effects were kind of annoying. But I wouldn't mind to see it have another run if they improved upon it and added something new and exciting to it.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I liked it a lot. I turned it into Marth's stage. I hope they don't bring back either of Yoshi's stages. They looked gay and people who did not own smash bros that first started playing thought those levels were dumb looking.

Konpaku

Smash Journeyman
I liked it a lot. I turned it into Marth's stage. I hope they don't bring back either of Yoshi's stages. They looked gay and people who did not own smash bros that first started playing thought those levels were dumb looking.
The Yoshi stage in Melee was not that bad, random cloud saves are too good. =]
However, the one in the original smash bros was awful.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
FoD is my favorite stage. I prefer it over Yoshi's Story as Marth because it's just slightly bigger so I have more room to play. With the continuous platform change I never end up playing the same way twice. Sometimes the platforms just set up the most beautiful tippers in the game.
Plus, White Marth just looks too **** sexy on this stage.

skyblue

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to see it remade. It should be bigger though... It would need the same three moving platforms, except those too need to be bigger.

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
FOD Was my favorite Melee stage, it needs to comeback. Everything about it (xcept size) was great!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
actually now that DeDEDE has been confirmed, I say scrap this stage for good and include a DeDeDe stage instead

Tony_

Smash Ace
Fountain of Dreams NEEDS to come back. It was the most visually impressive of all the stages, more so than a couple of Brawl's stages right now. Thats how awesome it is.

Kamaka

Smash Cadet
I even like the size of it. Heck, I like everyrthing about it except for the fact that it lags with 4 people. Especially if there are sword fighters.

Bring dat joint back!

Animal control

Smash Ace
Hopefully Fountain of Dreams returns with additional upgrades to the stage, also when you play doubles/teams it doesn't lag.

Top Bottom