• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

February 10th, 2008. A magical starsign.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
As the majority of you Smashboarders and other people who are eagerly awaiting Brawl probably already know, the Brawl Release Date <strong>has been pushed back</strong>.

While this year’s E3 Nintendo conference announced December 3rd as the official release date, yesterday it was confirmed that the release date has been changed to <strong>February 10th</strong>. Are we happy with this? I guess we do, since more time = more improvement. Just remember that the push back of the release date will ultimately only favor us and they will be able to get closer to that degree of perfection. As for Sakurai’s comments:

<em>Today I have some good news and some bad news. Let’s get the bad part out of the way first, shall we?</em>

<em>As many of you may have already heard, we have had to delay the launch of Super Smash Bros. Brawl by just a little bit—<strong>it will now be launching on February 10th in the Americas</strong>. I know that many of you will be disappointed by this news, but please understand that the extra development time will enable us to make the game the best it can be. It is my earnest hope that you will all be enjoying this game for many years, and we are all working very hard toward that goal.</em>

<em>Phew. Now for some good news to tide you over.</em>

<em>The forthcoming E for All event will be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center beginning October 18.</em>

<em>And it appears that this event will display the first ever public playable version of Super Smash Bros. Brawl! I am planning on having people play the game—but with limited character selection.</em>

<em>The problem is Sonic. What to do… I suppose if we’re going to all this trouble, perhaps we should make him playable.</em>

<em>Oh, yes. And for those of you who come to play, please remember—you tap the Control Stick to do Smash attacks.</em>

<em>Have fun!</em>

So, a public demo will be playable at E for all. Great! Everyone who’s going: enjoy yourselves! =)

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Someone go to this with a bunch of smashers and document all the character differences and gameplay mechanics. Please? It would be wonderful if we could identify all the movesets for every character in the demo.

Smash Ace
I wish I could.
that release date change hurt me badly, but I got over it.
it sucks, but it hypes me ever more for the game.

quithas

Smash Cadet
Ok

The problem is Sonic. What to do… I suppose if we’re going to all this trouble, perhaps we should make him playable.

Whats he mean by that comment?? Im kinda gald they delayed it they are gonna perfect the entire game hell yeah.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Two days before my B-day!!!!

Now I suddenly have an idea of what to ask for my bday....
4 days after mine; oh well :ohwell:

Yeah, I'm still (very) disappointed about the push back, but I suppose it is for the better. All I can say is have fun and tell us your experiences, you lucky LA smashers...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
4 days after mine; oh well :ohwell:

Yeah, I'm still (very) disappointed about the push back, but I suppose it is for the better. All I can say is have fun and tell us your experiences, you lucky LA smashers...
5 days before mine (not to turn this into some February baby thread).

The delay does kind of suck, but at least now I won't fail midterms.

And at least they told us now, while the date was still kind of far away (or at least seems like) instead of waiting until November when we'd all be going "ONE MONTH, ONE MONTH, ONE MONTH!"

iMichael

Smash Lord
5 days before mine (not to turn this into some February baby thread).

The delay does kind of suck, but at least now I won't fail midterms.

And at least they told us now, while the date was still kind of far away (or at least seems like) instead of waiting until November when we'd all be going "ONE MONTH, ONE MONTH, ONE MONTH!"
Exactly...least we didnt find out late November...that would hurt alot .....but Sakurai's the man...his games are awesome....Brawl is going to be perfect....oh and Kirby Superstar is just epic...had to say it

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
now that we have a delay were gonna have alooot more updates i just thought hmmm mic dig up alot of info on this e3 demo thing

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
I'm not that sad bout the delay. I'm still goin insane, but if it makes Brawl a perfect game, then it's cool with me.

My epicness chart:

Metroid P: 3,Galaxy, Halo 3: Legendary

Brawl, Captain Falcon: Godlike.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I guess people can just forget about Brawl on their Christmas list. This also means that Brawl will NOT be game of the year for 2007.

Darkurai

Smash Master
asdf asldf hlajsdhfliuascn ksdjtgr fliawhebd

NOOOO!!!
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!
WHY GOD, WHY!?

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
I'm a bit upset because this'll come during my winter quarter classes at tech school.

Eh. As long as they make the game better, I'm fine with it. Maybe it might go gold!

smashking27

Smash Rookie
oooo why sooo long

its 17 days after my bday 27th:chuckle:too bad i have to wait sooooooo long:psycho:i wonder wats our next update

HeltXL

Smash Apprentice
Well, I was devastated at the new release date, but I won't mind (Unless it's LoZ:TP all over again). It just means they're making the game even better.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
Los Angelas or however u spell it...

I hate living in the PiNess of the US...(Florida)

iMichael

Smash Lord
I guess people can just forget about Brawl on their Christmas list. This also means that Brawl will NOT be game of the year for 2007.
Game of the year for 07: Super Mario Galaxy-Shigeru Miyamoto

Game of the year for 08: Super Smash Bros. Brawl-Masahiro Sakurai

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I really don't care how many days the new release date is before or after your birthday. And I relaly don't think many people do.

Now to the update: Kinda lame, me and my friends really wanted to smash it up all winter break.. guess now we have to wait till spring again.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
I really don't care how many days the new release date is before or after your birthday. And I relaly don't think many people do.

Now to the update: Kinda lame, me and my friends really wanted to smash it up all winter break.. guess now we have to wait till spring again.
I really don't care that you wanted to smash it up with other people during winter break. And really don't think many people do.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
this is great!! now I won't have to buy it because i'll get it as an early B-day present instead lol plus it's better because like Sakurai mentioned, the extra time will Ultimetly make Brawl better which is definetly a good thing

zurf23

Smash Apprentice
Woo-hoo!

I'm going to EforAll, I knew it'd be worth it! (I signed up for it then day is was announced.)

Ill be playing as Meta-Knight because of the lack of Lucas (In the demo)
My friend will be playing as Pit and my other as Sonic. With the tournaments there, I hope I do well. (Im pretty good but its with new controls and I have never been to any competitive Smash events.

Ill try to take pictures and videos, but we may not be allowed too, please keep that in mind.:ohwell:

Ill have details though.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
It should be in Chicago, a good between point for the country xD

JK JK!

Anyways, if you play the game it can't really spoil us much more than looking at all the updates, gameplay videos, and generally stalking every bit of brawl news and rumor ever.

Top Bottom