• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colver PA Biweeklies CANCELED -Indefinately

Renth

Smash Hero
I pretty much have my own place here in Colver my brother lives here but he's only ever here once in awhile and my mom stops by to clean every now and then but that's about it. Technically my parents own the place but i'm usually the only one here.

I was debating turning this into a monthly tournament but since no one said whether they'd want weekly fests or monthly tourns i'm just doing weeklies.

Anyone and Everyone is welcome anytime at my place whether there is a fest going on or not. Just send me a PM or IM on aim Renth13 and you can stop by anytime you like.

Basic Travel Distances in PA

about 2 hrs from Pittsburgh
about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs from Lancaster
about 2 hrs from Shippensburg
about 4 hrs from Philly
about 4 - 4 1/2 from Scranton
about 1 hr from State College

Setups

I have 2 TV's currently at my place i can probably get 2 more if needed i only have 1 cube with smash + memeory card. PLEASE bring set-ups.

Housing

shouldn't be that big of a deal I have 2 beds up stairs and i can pull sleeping bags and stuff for those who would be sleeping on the floor whether in the living room where we'd be playing or upstiars by the beds. Unfortunately since this is still my parents "property" i will have to have a mandatory $5 Housing fee for those who do stay the night because that's the only way i can convince them to let me do all of this.

If there is any reason why a biweekly cannot be held i will post it here. By the looks of things i checked at all recent tournament threads ect. 10th looks like a good date to kick it off.

I realize this is the same time as Cata 4 it's for the people who don't wanna travel far for a big tournament.

El_Komosutro will be helping me run the events.

First Biweekly: November 10th

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Way to go Renth I <3 you, get this ****z together and hopefully mad headz will come to this, so you can allz with yoz sick nastyz Gannondoofz. Word.

pockyD

Smash Legend
shouldn't lancaster be further than shippensburg though?

if at any event east pa shows up i'm probably interested, but when it's just going to be pgh + renth, i don't really want to spend 3-4 hrs transit time to do that

El_Komosutro

Smash Journeyman
This will not fail pa must come if we are serious about the rankings i will be there

Timat the Slayer

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to say there's about a 95 chance I will be there almost all the time anyway >_>

Hopefully I won't suck it up in smash like I was last week when I starts talking again -_-

Renth

Smash Hero
same day as vlstaclysm
I already posted that.

shouldn't lancaster be further than shippensburg though?

if at any event east pa shows up i'm probably interested, but when it's just going to be pgh + renth, i don't really want to spend 3-4 hrs transit time to do that
again your not reading the thread Komos coming to help me run it and bringing the people he plays with + delaware guys.

Bad news for vlstaclysm then.
Yeah.. i was debating going but then i realized like 8 hour car ride to play with tons of people when we could just have fests here in PA less travel, less money, and more fun because you don't have to deal with a ton of people.

Renth

Smash Hero
i enjoy "dealing with a ton of people"

to each their own i suppose
Less Travel, Less Money gas/tournament wise -- more fun cause you play a lot more matches instead of standing around while people do tournament matches.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i dunno, i can safely say FC was by far the funnest smash event I've ever been to, and pound2 would be second if it wasn't for the excruciating heat

but like i said, this is clearly subjective and i have no problem understanding why other people feel differently. but it's also the reason i'd prefer to go to vlstaclysm

Renth

Smash Hero
i dunno, i can safely say FC was by far the funnest smash event I've ever been to, and pound2 would be second if it wasn't for the excruciating heat

but like i said, this is clearly subjective and i have no problem understanding why other people feel differently. but it's also the reason i'd prefer to go to vlstaclysm
completely understandable the funnest tournament i ever went to was Smash Aid X it was pretty big and a lot of fun mainly cause i got to hang out with Chaddd haha

D20

Smash Lord
I support Renth because his name doesn't make sense?

I'll be at these tournies.

takieddine

Smash Master
fun-wise this would probably be the best tourney to go to if people don't stop being ******* and show up. (minus if i dont show up that doesnt subject me to being a *****).

I heard Jason Zimmerman is gonna be there, right renth? ;)

Renth

Smash Hero
fun-wise this would probably be the best tourney to go to if people don't stop being ******* and show up. (minus if i dont show up that doesnt subject me to being a *****).

I heard Jason Zimmerman is gonna be there, right renth? ;)
lol yeah getting Jason Zimmerman here is easy... (FYI there is a guy that lives very close to me who is ALSO named Jason Zimmerman --- not M2K)

everyone is going to go vlstaclysm
Read through the thread next time.

Thanks.

El_Komosutro

Smash Journeyman
vlstaclysm other than cactuar whos really going might as well just come here plus with no m2k or cactuar around, the tourny will be more informative

El_Komosutro

Smash Journeyman
pocky your a thinker-head do you really think you can go around life thinking before you speak i want you right now to go demean and belittle a woman in the workplace right now thats you punishment for making me look bad, trust me i'll know if you did it or not when i see you

Renth

Smash Hero
Gonna look for a bigger venue then house people after if all else fails i'm sorry

Komo come visit sometime

Renth

Smash Hero
Gotta cancel it i gotta get all my stuff out of this house and clean up for the weekends

Plus i'm moving back to Florida soon so hosting bi-weeklies when i won't even be there makes no sense does it?

Top Bottom