• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Subspace videos not on full screen?

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Part two of the analysation of the videos on Subspace.

When archiving the videos on the Smash Bros. DOJO, I saw something very interesting that had bothered me since the movie was displayed. Up until now, nobody has noticed this.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/movies/movie070821a.html

Just at the moment the screen pauses on the Ancient Minister, you hear a very familiar sound. Where did we hear it before?

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/movies/movie01.html

Exactly, when introducing the newcomers.

So, my theory about this is that the Ancient Minister gets the same treatment, getting introduced. It could be something like:

Subspace Leader
Ancient Minister

But... it could also mean that the videos were never "full screen". A part must have been cut. The reason could be because the Japanese were too lazy to translate it until now.

Anyway, it might seem farfetched, but it is a possibility, seeing as we have seen screenshots which seem full screen.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Or it could mean that they took it out of the video since it's said in the update itself that he is the Ancient Minister.

Kaburii

Smash Apprentice
Then why does the Japanese site not have the video with the subtitle?
Because it doesn't come with a subtitle like the other characters; it just stops for suspense....

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Then why does the Japanese site not have the video with the subtitle?
Because it doesn't come with a subtitle like the other characters; it just stops for suspense....
If they would add it, the other countries will get the "WTF are you doing to us, Sakurai?"

Mind you, that movie alone is about 5 MB, counting in each version (Flash 7 and Flash 8, which has a better quality). It would add some more MB to put it on in full screen for the Japanese audience, and 5 MB extra for the subtitle-less version.

Sakurai might have all the disk space he needs, but there is a limit. Bandwidth does cost money, you know.

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
I dont think anything was cut out of the video - they probably used that freeze frame coupled with the "new character" sound to signify importance in the villain.

With that said, I wonder if their will be cut scenes in the game that will actually have that "newcomer" bar with a character's name when they make their first appearance - it doesn't make too much sense to me...

~Old Man Nintendo

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Any real reason it can't just be a pause with sound for dramatic effect?

Jammer

Smash Lord
The only thing I can think of is that they only wanted to have one video on the server or something, so they took out the words "[Character Name Here]" that would be different in the different languages offered on the site.

I remember that in the E for All video, when the video stopped and made that noise, it said "Donkey Kong" and "Diddy Kong" and whatever other characters there were. They just took it out of the movie found on the Dojo.

Top Bottom