• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SACRAMENTO:ender's games(NEVER)MONTHLIES Show up at 10:30 for friendlies

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
VENUE:
Heroes Alley

3501 Sunrise Blvd #3
Rancho Cordova 95742
(916) 851-3947

The only problem right now is we have a limited number of TVs, so if you think you can bring one, that would be great.

entry:$8
start:11:30(melee)
12:00 doubles

RULES:

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game, And before the 4th and 5th matches of a Final series.
* First stage will be chosen by the players after only 1 remains from the Odd Stage In.

Odd Stage In works as follows: One player chooses a level they do not want to play on, then the other player chooses a level they do not want to play on that has not been called yet. Repeat this process until only 1 level is left. The level that remains will be the level the 1st match is played on.

* The Winner of the first match announces which stage they choose to ban, then the loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Character switching applies to any matches after the 3rd, but not stage bannings.
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Brackets:

* Bracket matches are best 2 of 3, 3 stock.
* 7 minute time limit.
* Winners' bracket finals, losers' bracket finals, and championship sets are all best 3 of 5.

Random Stages:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Banned:
Mushroomy Kindom
Rumble Falls
Norfair
Spear Pillar
WarioWare, Inc.
New Pork City
Summit
75m
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Green Hill Zone
Hyrule Temple
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Onett
Port town Aero Drive
Shadow Moses Island
Corneria
Mario Circuit
Custom Stages

all other levels are counter-picks.

Results from past tournies:
10/20:http://tia.nealpro.com/tia/ttournament.aspx?id=279
11/17:http://tia.nealpro.com/event.aspx?id=696

Directions for people traveling from outside of Rancho.

You have to do a U-turn, and then turn right into the place its the second entrance and it is a comic store.

If you get lost or something call me at (916) three 3 five, 05 nine 7

KevMoney

Smash Journeyman
Im interested! As for rules though, i think MLG rules are just fine.

I can bring a T.v. and cube of course :)

Odin916

Smash Rookie
Sounds good, I have some friends in Rancho (me being in South Sacramento) that might be interested in a tourney like that. I'll be sure to let them know. It'd be koo to increase our smash community.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Im running the first tourney double elim. We will see how long that takes and try swiss at the next tourney if people want.

also NK, I didnt tell anyone about this I just made the thread. If you go it will be like a lot cooler in coolness, and like 1 degree hotter in temperature.

odin I live in southsac also. Geen haven/pocket.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Okay, Venue confirmed. We have 2 TVs also confirmed, and Im gonna see about a third tomorrow. We also have only 1 gamecube, but TVs are usually harder to get than gamecubes, so thats good.

TVs=3
GCs=2

Post if you know you can bring something. Also im trying to get out of towners so this will start to look better and better soon enough.

so far kevin and NK are the only ones interested?

DRGN

Technowizard
I'm interested.

I'm going to see if I can get some new people to come to this too.

EDIT: Also, I could probably bring a cube if you need more.

Zoap

Smash Master
I like ender so i might go. but then again simna has been stocking me lately and making absurd threats if i dont join gsc :(

DRGN

Technowizard
Hey that'd be great!

And I still haven't played a really good peach much, so I'd love to finally play your main! I played Light at SCC, he seemed pretty good; placed 1st in my second pool (went 2-0 against everyone, including me, Chillin, and Isai), that was pretty fun. SO yeah, come on up if you can. Just don't be afraid; you know Sac loves you, including Simna even if he doesn't always show it. ^_^

T0MMY

Smash Master
Has Simna been 4-stocking you?
I will only attend this if Simna cosplays as Lucas, to honor him as a superior psychic boy.
And Ender must cosplay as Peach.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
I was already counting your TV simna. me kev, and you for tvs, and me and kev for cubes. I guess we have an even three of each now, though since DRGN can bring his.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Blabbawap is a word. I haven't decided exactly what it means yet, but it was the first thing I could think of when I wanted to abbreviate 'I guess I'll go to this tournament.'

Who wants to give me a ride?

Also ender should post in the NCB thread about this. It will prolly fall on the same date so we should persuade them to come to this instead.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Kick 4ss. I'm there.

I vote Marvel vs Capcom 2 for a side tournament. I'll money match all of Teamscape in a 1 vs all crew battle.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
I dont play mvc2 so i dont think so.

But I think on the first day we will just do smash and see how that goes, if we have extra time maybe do a teams or something, then all the ones after we can gauge about how much time we will have to play other side tourneys.

QTP

The "Sonic" of Diddy Kong
haha. i'll go if i have the day off of work. :)

and i'll bring a few friends with me as well. and as far as MvC2 goes, one of my friends use to live in Concord and played that game religiously in tourneys so i know that he's down to play.
and i can bring a cube if needed. :)

-QTP

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Sure, if you want to bring a cube thats fine.

Glad to see some out of towners are interested.

I was going to try to get hyuga and some of his guys to come up but they are all going to E for All so it might not be a huge turn-out for this first one. Although, I am going to have the comic shop put advertisements in the bags they hand out so we will probably get some walk in noobs to sweeten the pot.

QTP

The "Sonic" of Diddy Kong
hahaha. oh well, i don't mind pwning some noobs.haha. umm. so where is E or all going to held at??

and how many people are you expecting to show for this one??

-QTP

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Oh I thought it was a video game store, not a card shop. Neat change of pace.

We should all take fliers home to distribute. I think the TAGs are doomed.

And what' E or all?

Oh yeah ender I like your controller. ^_^

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
YAY GEO!

E for All is a expo in socal where there is a playable demo of brawl that some ppl from norcal (hyuga) are going to. I was gonna try and get him to come up but hes gonna be gone.

Delphiki what do you mean you like my controller? did i leave it at your house or something?

So far we have:
TVs:Me, Simna, kev, maybe milk. anyone else?
GCs:Me, QTP, Anyone else?

and I expect me,simna,milk, Delphiki, DRGN, TC1, QTP, ZOAP(better come, he posted in here!!), and an assortment of walk ins/friends of smashers. NO TOMI/CATNIP??

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Me bring Cube. edit: But you can't use it unless Simna brings my AVs. ^_^

I have a controller here that isn't mine, so I think you took mine by mistake. Do you mind if I use it?

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
well bring mine and ill bring yours. ill keep whichever one is better ;/

tvs:me kev simna milk all confimed. 4
gc:me, simna+delphiki, QTP, Kev, Jinsious. 5

Ill try and find another TV.

hitori

Smash Journeyman
i'll try to talk some of the guys up here into coming down. Hope to see you there Pink!

Top Bottom