• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

my bro gets bored easly in the game now,what happend?

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Take a break, or try and make him get tired of DBZ. That, or tell him to try different character. Also, getting better so that he doesnt consistently 4 stock you could probably help.

Best101

Smash Ace
You need to play me in DBZ: BT2 for the Wii. I'll own you using the Wii Remote. Try going to a smash tournament somewhere. There's nothing more fun than that

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
items on occasions are somtimes fun, but I what would help you the most is if you get better at Smash so you can give him some competition.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
My brother went through this also. He eventually ended up quitting. As far as I'm concerned, I have no advice for you >_>

Except maybe this...

Brothers are almost always great team partners! Go find other people to play with and play some competitive team matches! It's fun because you both know each other's styles well.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
He's probably bored because you're not good enough to give him a challenge. I'd be bored for that reason too.

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
can i bump this up? now it seem like my bro is finding melee(the game,not me) boring, repeatative, even items dont impress him,i told him to try other chars but,no use..how do i bring me brother back to melee? all he likes to play is DBZ techaichi 1..which i suck horribly in,or at least help me in DBZ too, he never quits the game even if he get 10 "perfects" in a row

Jammer

Smash Lord
I'm unlucky because I don't even have a brother. My sisters will only play with me once in a blue moon. So I don't really have much advice for you.

It seems, however, that your brother thinks that DBZ is a superior game to Smash. He has more fun playing that. If he doesn't get bored from extended play, I doubt that will ever change.

Tough luck, I guess. See if you can't cultivate Smash fever in a few of your friends.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Well, it might be a losing battle, some people just don't like some games.

What I would do is learn to beat him, beat him, and say something like "oh, figures. of course I won" and then don't play anymore, for a while

If you are lucky he will want to play to beat you, and you have won the bigger battle =p

Kornstalk

Smash Rookie
My brother went through this also. He eventually ended up quitting. As far as I'm concerned, I have no advice for you >_>

Except maybe this...

Brothers are almost always great team partners! Go find other people to play with and play some competitive team matches! It's fun because you both know each other's styles well.
I like his team advice, go with this.

Kornstalk

Smash Rookie
hmm good point but, we are probably the only ones around that plays smash
Well, than my advice is to train, train, practice, practice, until you can beat him. Do events, practice combos, beat classic and adventure mode, and keep making challenges for yourself, you'll eventually get better.

Imperial Wraith

Smash Journeyman
Do train, but don't train on Adventure or Classic, No C-Stick is not conducive to good play. Neither is screwed handicaps.

Why don't you record yourself, post some vids and let us critique? I'm sure it would help immesurably.

GOTM

Smash Champion
Take a break
yea this is a biggie. takin a break from smash can solve a lot of things. i took about a couple month break a little while back and i came back wanted to learn more than ever. it really helps. it wont just help him but it'll help the both of you

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
If telling him to try other chars did not work, well, then maybe you can try others, and maybe you'll be even better twith them than what you are with your actuals, or maybe you'll give him more challenge since he might not know how you're going to react with that other character, that worked with me, long ago i used to play only C.Falcon, and my bro always beaten me, he still played, but i was the one who was getting bored, so i tryed different characters, i started using Fox, Mario, Falco... and i saw how he thought i was going to do something i'd normally do with Falcon, but i did something else and started to beat him, then i started using even more characters, and at this time i use: Marth, Falcon, Gdorf, Fox, Falco, Mario and Luigi(Clones are fun :p), i might not be great with all of them, but im not a fully competitive pplayer, so it doesnt matter, since i can change from Fox to Mario from one match to another and have completly different results, wither i win or lose :p, so yeah you might want to try different character to give him even another difficulty besides just praticing with you main(s).

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
If telling him to try other chars did not work, well, then maybe you can try others, and maybe you'll be even better twith them than what you are with your actuals, or maybe you'll give him more challenge since he might not know how you're going to react with that other character, that worked with me, long ago i used to play only C.Falcon, and my bro always beaten me, he still played, but i was the one who was getting bored, so i tryed different characters, i started using Fox, Mario, Falco... and i saw how he thought i was going to do something i'd normally do with Falcon, but i did something else and started to beat him, then i started using even more characters, and at this time i use: Marth, Falcon, Gdorf, Fox, Falco, Mario and Luigi(Clones are fun :p), i might not be great with all of them, but im not a fully competitive pplayer, so it doesnt matter, since i can change from Fox to Mario from one match to another and have completly different results, wither i win or lose :p, so yeah you might want to try different character to give him even another difficulty besides just praticing with you main(s).
true, i do main others like,
1)G&W
2)falco
3)c.falcon(just for combo fun)
4)bowser(my bro always lol when i pick him,weird)
5)DK
6) bit of kirby
7) tried yoshi becasuse of it invincible jumps(nearly beated shiek O_o)

they still get owned,all my bro pick is

1) mainly shiek
2)marth at bored time
3)gannon for wall o'death fun
4)sometimes samus
5)link
6) super mario bros.

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
Do train, but don't train on Adventure or Classic, No C-Stick is not conducive to good play. Neither is screwed handicaps.

Why don't you record yourself, post some vids and let us critique? I'm sure it would help immesurably.
Does your brother beat you with or without SHFFLing/character specific advanced techniques? That would help too. You obvously know if your brother goes on smashboards, that could be a hint whether he is good or not. If you post a vid, it would help others point out errors and things to work on/add on to your game. If you watch the replay of your match after seing better players on the internet you will probably see some ways you could improve also.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
taking a smash break every now and then really helps. ur skill will be a lot worse when u come back, but ul get back to where you were at really fast. it took me like a week to get my skil back after a 2 month hiatus

brg

Smash Ace
Isnt this like the millionth thread you post about you always getting beat by your brother?

Lightshade

Smash Ace
Punch him in the face and force him to play so he gets tired and then you beat him and he gets angry and then he'll want to beat you but he won't because he's tiredTHEEND!

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
Play on Hyrule Temple, with 2.0 damage ratio, in the bottom area where its hard to die, with land mines.

:p fun stuff.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Play Halo or another really good game for a while.
Taking a break should really help if you're bored.
And while he's busy playing some game on Xbox, go into another room and practice.

Top Bottom