• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stop: HammerTime

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Follwing up the Hammer wielders from Friday, today we've been given the first non-projectile weapon. The Golden Hammer.

Just like the original Hammer, you pick it up and go nuts, waving it around, hitting people. However this Hammer is more powerful, though more rare, so don't expect it to show up much in single player. It's also faster.

However, unlike the original Hammer, if you mas "the" button (most likey A) you can hover in midair. For how long? Good question.

Just like the original Hammer, this one can also backfire. Unlike the original's head falling off (as shown today) rather than have the had fall off, it's attack power is greatly reduced, with Sakurai nicknaming it The Golden Squeeky Hammer.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Heh, It's Hammer Time!

Wrecking Crew Hammer...

Interesting. Also confirms Hammer as an item

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea behind this item. I just hope that it isn't broken. It looks VERY powerful, and it can even make you float in the air. It still looks enjoyable though, and it'll be awesome if the music from this video (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Fznmp6wFFhQ) plays (the bit where Mario grabs the hammer).

But since the original Hammer used the Hammer music from Donkey Kong, I'd say that was a given anyway :)

End Game

Smash Journeyman
Eh, its not bad...but it isn't all that great of an update either. Oh well, tomorrow will be another day.

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
nice, and i like that its faster so you can hit the guy. when i play with items on nobody pick ups a hammer because i will sent him flying :p

and sqeuky hammer sounds fun, it probaly does no damaga like the headlesshammer, so he wil run away and you hear a sqeuky sound

Hejiru

Smash Ace
I think they borrwed an idea from Animal Crossing's book for this one. Think about it. The golden hammer is better than the regular hammer. In animal crossing, there was always a golden version of every tool that worked better.

etrain911

Smash Apprentice
Wow than maybe we will see other golden items at any rate I bet they kept the original because there is a screenshot with someone using it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think they borrwed an idea from Animal Crossing's book for this one. Think about it. The golden hammer is better than the regular hammer. In animal crossing, there was always a golden version of every tool that worked better.
Harvest Moon had it first. Besides, it's from Wrecking crew

Sariku

Smash Master
Nice. I think >.< He's been giving us alot of Items lately. Atleast give us more Pokeballs (I'm a Pokefan, if you can't already tell.)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I like it, and I like the Hammer having a folly, but if this one is more rare, why did they have to have it occasionally malfunction? I could see this ultimately being more of a nuisance than a godsend.

And which Mario game exactly is this Golden Hammer from?

EDIT:
Found it! It's from Wrecking Crew.
http://nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com/nes/wr.shtml#eggs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fznmp6wFFhQ

This may be a hint towards Foreman Spike? Or is this a nod towards Wario's humble beginnings, when he was only a twinkle in the eye of Miyamoto?

...and by the way, this has NOTHING to do with Waluigi.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
So apparently its from Wrecking Crew. So...whats with the floating?

and i agree with X-x-Dyce-x-X completely. This will be an item that can real screw things up. I thought items in Brawl MAY have been balanced for competitors taste as well, but it seems this ultimately breaks that possibility.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
well since you can play 4 different ways he can't just say the "A" button because its different for every control scheme

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
anyone else think that the new pictures of Diddy were the best part of this?

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
lol, I was thinking of the exact same title when I went on here... floating hax ftw!!

Kinnikuman

Smash Cadet
Heyyyy they gave it a mushroom symbol, has this been in a mario game that I don't know about?

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
So apparently its from Wrecking Crew. So...whats with the floating?

and i agree with X-x-Dyce-x-X completely. This will be an item that can real screw things up. I thought items in Brawl MAY have been balanced for competitors taste as well, but it seems this ultimately breaks that possibility.
not really you can turn some item off in melee not all of them so if you dont like some of them turn them off

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Woo! Golden Hammer! And I guess the normal hammer is also confirmed. ;O

*Runs into the next poster with ze golden hammer o death*
*uses Marth's DownB to counter the hammer*

Aaanyway, nice item, if only because of the game it comes from - memories from Wrecking Crew are ALWAYS awesome.

NukeA6

Smash Master
A stronger version of the hammer? Kind of strange they're adding this especially when they toned down the original hammer in Melee. Sakurai must want lots of easy KOs in this game or maybe it's harder to knock people stages.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who thinks that this was quite possibly the least interesting update since You Must Recover? I mean, it's exactly like a regular hammer, but it's a different color. And if you waltz into a Bob-omb, you might not die.

Top Bottom