• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT OCT 27th October

Status
Not open for further replies.

grayfox

Smash Champion
Smash GT 27th October

OK this should be confirmed everyone, Im gonna get this venue sorted by the end of the week.

My best suggestion would be get to london on the 26th October (obviously coach/train to london victoria) then get train to Hackbridge and me and spkz will pick you up (Spkz and Vex will be housing). Or you can drive there obviously.
On the 27th we will leave about 10/11am to go to the venue.

(Once i get the venue ill post that up)

Housing location:
88 London Road [Flat A]
Hackbridge
Surrey
CR4 4JB

Contact spkz: via PM, MSN [sp00ky50k@hotmail.com] or phone 07772008884 (if theres anything concerning housing)

Mobile numbers:
Charles - 07935019655
Craig (Spkz) - 07772008884

Costs -
£5 for venue
£5 for singles
£5 for doubles each
£3-5 for train to Spkz, £3-7 for journey to venue and food money

Pot split - 60/30/10 obviously

Rules:

BYOC

This is imperative, there will be no spare controllers, nobody will bring a controller for you. So you must Bring Your Own Controller!!

Controller Rules

Due to the lack of original Cube controllers found in shops, I am allowing Mad Catz, Logic 3, Wavebird and other 3rd Party controllers. I ask you all to watch your opponents controllers at any point when you feel it's safe to do so, or if you think they may be cheating. I will be walking around as well and watching and if I see anyone I suspect of cheating I will have the game paused and the controller tested as is.

VIOLATION OF ANY OF THESE RULES WILL BE PUNISHED!

You will be eliminated from the tournament, you will lose any game you were playing and any sets you may have yet to play will be classed as a loss for you. You will not be refunded any amount of money you may have payed and you will be disallowed entry to any other events happening that day.

To All Those Bringing/Using Wavebirds!!

Due to the way Wavebirds work, there are extra rules surrounding their use. First off, if I catch you cheating by having an accomplice play your game for you using the wavebird channel system, you will both be disqualified from all events immediately. Your money will not be refunded.

Second, due to the wireless technology in Wavebirds you may experience lag from the controller signals, interference or accidental channel stealing from other players. This WILL NOT be accepted as an excuse for a loss or an in game technicality. If you are bringing a Wavebird and intend to use said Wavebird in tournament play, you are accepting any and all possible risks that come with it's use.

In order to minimise confusion and accidental cross-channelling (A term I just made up, where two players use the same channel by accident, causing weird effects) I reccomend that everyone intending to use a wavebird in this tournament either PM me or post in this thread that you are intending to do so. If not, tell me on the day when you register that you will be doing as such. With this in place I can assign channel numbers that players are to use on the day and minimise accidental cross-channeling.
Singles

Best of 3 Set
4 stock per person
8 minutes time limit
Advanced Slob Picks
Stage Banning is in effect
All items are strictly forbidden
Dave's Stupid Rule is also in effect

Random Stages:

Pokemon Stadium
Final Destination
Dreamland 64

Counterpick Stages:

Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Rainbow Ride
Brinstar
Mute City
Pokemon Stadium
Poke Floats
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land N64
Kongo Jungle N64

Banned Stages:

Icicle Mountain
Princess Peach's Castle
Kongo Jungle
Great Bay
Corneria
Flat Zone
Jungle Japes
Temple
Yoshi's Island
Green Greens
Venom
Onett
Mushroom Kingdom
Mushroom Kingdom 2
Brinstar Depths
Fourside
Big Blue
Yoshi's Island N64

Pools

Upon paying your entry and cover fee, you will be entered into one of eight pools.
Each pool will have 4 or 5 people in it
Each pool will contain two seeded players.
Once the pools have been announced, each pool will be handed over to it's top seed who will make sure it advances smoothly.
You will play a best of three set against everyone in your pool.
The top two players in each pool will advance to a 16** Man Double Elimination bracket.
The top two are defined as the two players in a pool with the largest amount of game wins (Not set wins) If there is a tie, the winner will be whoever won in the set between the tied players.

**If more than 40 people attend the bracket will be expanded to accomodate 24 players. The top finishers in each pool will get a bye in Round 1 and in the first round of Losers bracket, everyone will get a bye.
Brackets

The brackets will be run in a Double Elimination format.
All Games in the brackets will be best of 3 up until the Semi-finals of both brackets.
The Semi-finals and Finals of both Winners and Losers Brackets will be best of 5.
The Grand Finals will be a best of 7

Doubles:

Doubles will be the exact same as singles, with two major differences:

1. There will be no pools, doubles will go straight into a double elimination bracket.
2. Mute City and Fountain of Dreams are banned stages in doubles due to frame-dropping (Lag) and cannot be played.

yes i stole it all BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom