• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Wario Ware (the stage) Discussion

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The new stage, just annoucned is here! ;)

Originally Posted on the Smash DOJO!

Aug. 31 Fri. 2007

WarioWare

In the WarioWare games, you must master a variety of microgames in 5 seconds, making them the fastest and shortest games ever. You might want to look into it in more detail.

In trying to recreate that atmosphere in Smash Bros. Brawl, we’ve created an outrageous stage!

Stay dry!

Dodge!

Jump!

Wh-what the heck is this? What is going on? What kind of joke is this?

For each challenge you clear, there is, of course, a reward.

The typical screen looks like this​

Ah, what floor would you like, Smash?
Looks neat, but I'm not sure if it's tourney legal and all. <_< Still, it is the stage that is most like the actual games that it's based off thus far in Smash IMO. Definitely a fun, unique, and intresting stage IMO. TYVM Masahiro Sakurai! :)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Those photoshopped screens look real nice.

(i know this is the official update)

gnosis

Smash Lord
The base stage looks like it'd be fun for 'real' matches, but all that other stuff kinda puts a damper on that aspect... while increasing the awesome for messing around matches, of course.

SSP

Smash Rookie
OK, so it looks like the last screen is the main stage, and you switch back and forth between this and a minigame stage. I would say about 30 secs on the main stage and 5 in the minigames. As long as they loop in order, I think this stage will be just fine.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I'm all for this stage, It may not be good for actual tournament though. I think it would be a good party stage when you just want to chill with friends and have a laugh.

If you look at the first screen it seems that mario and kirby are getting slightly damaged.

Sauvie

Smash Apprentice
Interesting for sure but I am not sure how the time range of this stage will be will you fight on the basic stage for X number of minutes/seconds then go to a Micro game screen for 5 seconds, it seems like a lot of hectic fights are soon to come.

I wonder if the Nose picking game is in there and what will people do during the screen?

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is by far my favorite update yet! Ever since I saw that Wario would be appearing in his Wario Ware outfit, I had hoped that a Wario Ware themed stage would be in the game. This is absolutely perfect... they even have my favorite microgame, Arrow-space :p And I like how Mario and Kirby are taking damage from the rain in the first screen (makes sense given the objective of the microgame).

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Interesting for sure but I am not sure how the time range of this stage will be will you fight on the basic stage for X number of minutes/seconds then go to a Micro game screen for 5 seconds, it seems like a lot of hectic fights are soon to come.

I wonder if the Nose picking game is in there and what will people do during the screen?
I guess you have to dodge the hand as it reaches for a moving nose or something.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
And here we see how far gaming graphics have gone.

Looks like a pretty interesting stage. WarioWare was great.

Dr. Strangekoopa

Smash Cadet
Tournies will undoubtedly rue the stages unpredictability. By the by, what do you suppose happens if you PHALE one of the mini-games?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Seems fun :) I know a lot of my friend who'll want to play this stage!
I already want to play this stage! :) Random fun...sorta like the Bomberman games, as well as Wario Ware. Gotta love it, though the tournament legal status...I doubt it's tourney legal, but it still could be tourney legal. But it will be fun for non-tourney matches at least, even if it is! This truely is a "reward" :) :chuckle: :psycho:

susu_atari

Smash Ace
The reward could be something like invincibility that lasts until the next minigame. If that was the case, the minigames would become extremely competitive.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I will say here what I said in the Ridley thread.

THEN WE WILL FIGHT IN THE SHADE!!

King Leonidas confirmed.

I think the reward will be gaining a bit of health afterward. Seems simple enough.

Dr. Strangekoopa

Smash Cadet
i wonder how long the micro games are?
You're kidding... Someone tell me this guy is kidding? Hey, you ARE kidding, right? You've got to be, otherwise it's just too good. No, seriously. It actually says in the post that each mini-game will be approximately five seconds. Of course anyone who's played any of the Warioware games will already be familiar with the brain-melting "Wait, that's it?" sensation as you hurtle through mini-mini-game after mini-mini-game.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
You're kidding... Someone tell me this guy is kidding? Hey, you ARE kidding, right? You've got to be, otherwise it's just too good. No, seriously. It actually says in the post that each mini-game will be approximately five seconds. Of course anyone who's played any of the Warioware games will already be familiar with the brain-melting "Wait, that's it?" sensation as you hurtle through mini-mini-game after mini-mini-game.
I do believe the minigames will take 5 seconds, although it never said so in the update. In the update it said, and I quote, "In the WarioWare games, you must master a variety of microgames in 5 seconds, making them the fastest and shortest games ever. You might want to look into it in more detail." It never says anything about Warioware in Smash until the next paragraph. Technically, we don't know how long the minigames are, but I say 5 seconds is a good amount.

Phred

Smash Journeyman
It will probably have the same pacing as the Wario Ware games.
In that case, I wonder if the games start geting faster as the battle drags on?
Sounds like more fun!

a1j2h5

Smash Apprentice
Somthing tells me either this will be one of my fav stages for plain old simple fun.
OR it will be a terrible stage and would be dreaded, like Icicle Mountain

Darkurai

Smash Master
I will say here what I said in the Ridley thread.

THEN WE WILL FIGHT IN THE SHADE!!

King Leonidas confirmed.

I think the reward will be gaining a bit of health afterward. Seems simple enough.
THIS
IS
WARIOWARE!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
The rain looks like it will do you damage but no knock back... like fox's blaster just very weak.

Cant wait to play on this stage looks very fun!

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
I know there will be people who will want this stage disabled. Those people will be refered to as "people I hate".

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
For non-tourneys, I think this will be a fun one to play.

I don't see it being in any tournaments though...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I'm sorry, who around here can exactly tell me how the stage will work and every aspect of the stage? Who knows all of the ins and outs of the stage and exactly how the whole things works? Oh, nobody? Then seriously shut up about tournament legality crap.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I know there will be people who will want this stage disabled. Those people will be refered to as "people I hate".
Or maybe as people who see the stages as interfering with Player vs Player competitive combat. If it's a fair stage, it will be in. If it's kind of imbalanced, it will be a counterpicked. If it's a giant cluster**** of luck and idiocy and interference, it will be banned and enjoyed thoroughly at non-competitive smashings.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Wow. I never expected a WarioWare stage. I think it looks awesome.

I wonder what the reward is...

CronoMaster

Smash Apprentice
This stage looks fan-****ing-tastic. It may take away Big Blue's spot as my favorite.
i totally agree with u, cause big blue is also my fave, but i would still need to hear the music, and unless is great, big blue will remain superior

still, this stage looks freakin awesome!! (i just played smooth moves this last week XD)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Tourney legal? Why should I even care about that crap? I'll never play competitively. :laugh:

On the other hand I don't know about this stage. As with a lot of other things, I'll wait until I play the game to judge it.

Talendime

Smash Ace
All this time I thought you guys were talking about online gaming when you mentioned Tournaments. I just happened to glance at some of the other forum sections on thie site though, and now I'm thinking that maybe I don't belong here.
And I still don't understand this level.

Top Bottom