• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Assist Trophy: Andross

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Dojo Link: New Assist Trophy: Andross

New Assist Trophy: Andross

It’s the old enemy of the Star Fox team, Andross! He appears here in his original form, the one with the most impact.

Whoa! He’s huge.

He swiftly moves to the back of the scene...

And begins inhaling...

Then he spits polygonal panels out of his mouth!

Like a meteor storm, these panels come flying from the back of the scene to the front. Um, what am I supposed to call these things, anyway?

They just keep flying out like crazy!

"Only I have the brains to rule Lylat!"

Uh...OK. He said it, not me...

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
That boss was so freaky. Aaaaanyway I really like Wario's expression when hit, and I also like that the inhalation might be like the one from the SNES game - dragging opponents towards the center before the Telekinetic plates swarm them.

Heck yes!

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
MY FAVORITE AT YET!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god im overjoyed to see this, and he looks just like he did on snes... same attack... I have done battle with andross countless times since I bought starfox when it came out on snes...

**** competitive play, im turning AT's on. Screw items though.

These ATs are just too cool though, Ill have to experience playing with them before I go back to playing without any items...

Hong

The Strongest
Am I the only one who laughed wickedly? I know it's based on the original but it looks ridiculously goofy in this picture. :p

Goofy or not, still a decent update. Glad they don't just slab assist trophies on their own updates anymore.

smashmv

Smash Apprentice
like i said in the predictions thread: sakurai is starting to get quick at confirming/de-confirming our speculations

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
I love this AT, although I, too, would've loved to have seen Andross as a boss. We shouldn't discount all AT's from becoming bosses though, especially ones that used to be bosses in their respective games like Andross in Star Fox - we'll have to wait and see, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Anywayz, my face produced a HUGE smile upon seeing Andross appear on my screen. I haven't seen that mug in years. Thank you so much for representing more and more of the old-school in Brawl, Sakurai.

~Old Man Nintendo

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
Interesting that they chose this Andross...Monkey Andross might still make an appearance as a Boss?

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Hmm pretty cool AT, a bit off on the eyes.

But I'm glad Star Fox is getting a little more, could it be saying that it can get more characters too? :D

I'll be happy using this against some guys, it will be fun dodging all the square pixel things.

-Onyx

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
Did no one see the second update. Athough it's s how-to-play it shows METAKNIGHT´S SPECIAL MOVES :)

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Sorry to post this, but oh my god. Because I said I liked the Andross AT, 4chan wrote something funny for once

(in response to this http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2818118&postcount=6 post)

4chan said:
And what happened then...?
Well...in Smashboards they say
That Dylan's small heart grew three sizes that day!
And the minute his heart didn't feel quite so tight, he whizzed with his load through the bright morning light (he came)
And he brought back the items! And the items for the fight!
And he...he himself...
Dylan_Tnga turned on the assist trophies.
LOL The grinch is awesome. That made my day.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
And to be on topic (i can't edit :urg:) pretty cool update. doesn't look all that useful on the bridge though if it just stays in the middle. And Wario's expression is just priceless :laugh:

lol at post above

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Envy of War
forget Andross...did anyone check out metaknights moves =)
This is the Andross topic.

dark_templar_99
He reminds me of zordon from power rangers.
I never thought of that before, but now that you say it...

Drascin
Awww. He ain't a boss? Ah well. AT is fine too, I guess.
I'd rather have him as an AT. Single player will eventually get old and most people won't play it much after they've unlocked everything. So ATs will live on long after bosses have been forgotten.

Icy_Eagle
Did no one see the second update. Athough it's s how-to-play it shows METAKNIGHT´S SPECIAL MOVES
Nobody cares, this is the Andross topic.

This is my favorite AT so far.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Wanna bi*ch a bit more, perhaps? ATs are definitely not wasted updates. I love seeing the character cameos, and Andross looks awesome.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
MY FAVORITE AT YET!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god im overjoyed to see this, and he looks just like he did on snes... same attack... I have done battle with andross countless times since I bought starfox when it came out on snes...

**** competitive play, im turning AT's on. Screw items though.

These ATs are just too cool though, Ill have to experience playing with them before I go back to playing without any items...
I think that is the first time I've ever seen you post something positive about anything else then Falcon's knee (or blood for brawl). Anyway, you're right, it is by far the best AT yet, although I really liked Samurai Gordon as well and Dr Wright is pretty cool, that old Sim City was way better then any Sim City/the Sims/Housbuilding stuff these days. Also Knuckle Joe and that Devil look pretty funny as well. So I'm fine with turning em on.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
meh, another wasted update. till tomorrow...peace

-hiroshi
Wasted? Andross will waste YOU, buddy ;)

I think that is the first time I've ever seen you post something positive about anything else then Falcon's knee (or blood for brawl)
Cool makes sense because you haven't been around for long. I like most of the updates, I didnt like the stickers *blood for brawl.. lol* because they're too kiddy. Andross is way more like it!

I can be a very negative person, but when it comes to smash I love almost everything about it. Thats why when I see something I dont like, such as Zamus basically being an item, or stickers, that I react so strongly.

Andross is EPIC!

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
Cool makes sense because you haven't been around for long. I like most of the updates, I didnt like the stickers *blood for brawl.. lol* because they're too kiddy. Andross is way more like it!

I can be a very negative person, but when it comes to smash I love almost everything about it. Thats why when I see something I dont like, such as Zamus basically being an item, or stickers, that I react so strongly.
O I remember your posts there (I tend to read like 10 topics and then reply to just one of em). I almost agreed with you, but, then I thought, hey, what if they had any really cool ones of a char or something really old skool. If they are printable like some people suggested, I might consider putting one on my door, anywhere else would indeed just make you an idiot, but on a door they tend to look, well, not so kiddy.

On-topic: Ye Andross ftw1!1 (allright that wasn't really on-topic :embarrass).

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Might have to start playing the snes emulator again. This update just seems to confirm that the AT's will rule.

Great to see the Starfox series getting more representation. Hopefully this means more PC's from the series.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Let's hope so.
No arguments here! *is a fox main*

backs away slowly

RUNS from inevitible ''SMASH IS IMBALANCED DUE TO TIERS!'' comments.

Well I got school at 8am, and its 5 30 am. Twas an epic update so I stayed up to talk about it, but I better nag at least an hour of sleep. peace.

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
This is the Andross topic.

Nobody cares, this is the Andross topic.

This is my favorite AT so far.
Ok, then, where do you see the "four special move types" topic??

I think people failed to read what sakurai said there. The versatility of the new special moves is one of the biggest steps up since the Forward Special was introduced. I hope for the type of diversity seen in Samus's Super Missiles, and not just minor timing changes.

Edit: LOL tiers. I hope the big tier arguments will be a thing of the past...

Top Bottom