• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Liquid Snake For Brawl

Littleonetwo

Smash Cadet
man its my first real topic, i did a search and didn't see anything posted on this.

For a Metal Gear Enemy I think the best choice would be Liquid Snake!
His voice makes chills run down my spine by far i think he is the most influential enemy in MGS besides the obvious Ocelot and Big Boss.

well here goes...

info:

Name : Liquid Snake
Speed: Average
Weight: Average
Tolerance to Pain: High
Strength: Average

MoveSet:
A attacks: simple punch and kicks
B : he grabs the end of his coat and uses it to knock back characters for some dmg (can be charged)
>B : He Charges forard bullrushing everyone in his path completely backwards
V B: pulls out a timed mine that can be attached to the level.
^ B: shoots out a grappling hook in a decent ark in the way he is facing whcih can latch onto any object/character/level

Final Smash: He jumps into Metal Gear and struts his stuff for a short time.

*EDIT*Taunt- He flips his hair and says "Oh, Brother!"

what you think?

wordman

Smash Apprentice
man its my first real topic, i did a search and didn't see anything posted on this.

For a Metal Gear Enemy I think the best choice would be Liquid Snake!
His voice makes chills run down my spine by far i think he is the most influential enemy in MGS besides the obvious Ocelot and Big Boss.

well here goes...

info:

Name : Liquid Snake
Speed: Average
Weight: Average
Tolerance to Pain: High
Strength: Average

MoveSet:
A attacks: simple punch and kicks
B : he grabs the end of his coat and uses it to knock back characters for some dmg (can be charged)
>B : He Charges forard bullrushing everyone in his path completely backwards
V B: pulls out a timed mine that can be attached to the level.
^ B: shoots out a grappling hook in a decent ark in the way he is facing whcih can latch onto any object/character/level

Final Smash: He jumps into Metal Gear and struts his stuff for a short time.

what you think?

He sounds crazy as hell lol. I can see a MGS team battles. Solid/Liquid vs. Fox/Falco

Littleonetwo

Smash Cadet
he was a complete lunatic, if youve never played MGS: the twin snakes or the original, you should really rent it.

the voice acting on liquids side is so remarkable, and he just has this thing about him, that you know hes just pure evil.

Tsen

Smash Journeyman
whoah now mike lucky aren't we that I came upon this little post ey. Hmmm though liquid snake is a worthy adversary i'd have to say he holds no where near as much deservance as Revolver Ocelot. Ocelot has been in more games and even served/serves as host to liquid snakes current mental being. If anyone deserves it I guarantee Ocelot > Liquid though anyone that can carry the foxhound name is alright with me wewt wewt MGS4 early 08'. Anyway that's about it seeing as how I can always pwn your ideas IRL no need to do it on the forums ;) ja ne

Littleonetwo

Smash Cadet
whoah now mike lucky aren't we that I came upon this little post ey. Hmmm though liquid snake is a worthy adversary i'd have to say he holds no where near as much deservance as Revolver Ocelot. Ocelot has been in more games and even served/serves as host to liquid snakes current mental being. If anyone deserves it I guarantee Ocelot > Liquid though anyone that can carry the foxhound name is alright with me wewt wewt MGS4 early 08'. Anyway that's about it seeing as how I can always pwn your ideas IRL no need to do it on the forums ;) ja ne
oh its on son, me being the superior MGS FAN, i already stated that Ocelot would be an obvious choice but he is no where as cool as liquid, not to mention Ocelot is Liquid so i guess if Ocelot were to make it in with Liquids Arm it would be sweet if his taunt were the same as i posted above.

Ocelot is the puppet sir. Liquid is his.. how you say GOD, well not that severe but he is his master.

God i love MGS!
*EDIT*
oh yeah forgot NA NA NAA NA SON!

Weed

Smash Lord
You can't find the epic gun-twirling professionalism that is Ocelot in any other MGS character.
Case closed.

Tsen

Smash Journeyman
gtfo first you so are not the superior mgs fan nubby true story nuff said I mean have you even seen the new trailer..pfft probably not. Anyways Liquid sucks out loud he was kinda cool in solid but was so easy to beat, put someone in with pizzaz for goodness sake I mean the original big boss would be tight antagonists should be seperate not gimpy clones (moveset and story-wise) I mean i'd rather have Meryl pffft...but seeing as it should be an antagonist i'd still say Ocelot and if not then Vamp would be an awesome addition also seeing as he's confirmed for 4 he has an alright chance as well besides you may not have known but "Liquid Ocelot" is the semi-confirmed name for the split minded duo in the 4th game. So yeah...right back atcha kid do somethin, you've just been served

Littleonetwo

Smash Cadet
gtfo first you so are not the superior mgs fan nubby true story nuff said I mean have you even seen the new trailer..pfft probably not. Anyways Liquid sucks out loud he was kinda cool in solid but was so easy to beat, put someone in with pizzaz for goodness sake I mean the original big boss would be tight antagonists should be seperate not gimpy clones (moveset and story-wise) I mean i'd rather have Meryl pffft...but seeing as it should be an antagonist i'd still say Ocelot and if not then Vamp would be an awesome addition also seeing as he's confirmed for 4 he has an alright chance as well besides you may not have known but "Liquid Ocelot" is the semi-confirmed name for the split minded duo in the 4th game. So yeah...right back atcha kid do somethin, you've just been served
I know all this info and them some, and technically if you want Pizzaz from a villain look no further than Gray Fox, because he was no ally to Snake. More or less a Companion who became disturbed towards the thoughts of his once great friend.

Tsen

Smash Journeyman
First off mike l2 type, jesus. Second of all the "and then some" portion I highly doubt you're a total nub you don't even have a ps3 pfft so i'm definately the winner here bwahahaha oh yeah had to take matt's strategy and pick auto-win :laugh:

Littleonetwo

Smash Cadet
First off mike l2 type, jesus. Second of all the "and then some" portion I highly doubt you're a total nub you don't even have a ps3 pfft so i'm definately the winner here bwahahaha oh yeah had to take matt's strategy and pick auto-win :laugh:
AHAHA thats pretty good, your right i dont own a PS3 but thats because MGS hasnt come out yet. instead of deciding whos the best MGS stud, why not give sugestions on how to make this character better(since it is his thread).

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
oh its on son, me being the superior MGS FAN, i already stated that Ocelot would be an obvious choice but he is no where as cool as liquid, not to mention Ocelot is Liquid so i guess if Ocelot were to make it in with Liquids Arm it would be sweet if his taunt were the same as i posted above.

Ocelot is the puppet sir. Liquid is his.. how you say GOD, well not that severe but he is his master.

God i love MGS!
*EDIT*
oh yeah forgot NA NA NAA NA SON!
I totally support your idea of Liquid for Brawl. 100%

But on the topic on Liquid vs. Ocelot:

I'd rather see the younger Ocelot from MGS3 in Brawl. I feel he is the real spirit of Ocelot, not the Liquid invested Ocelot.

The Most Deadly Marksman in any game hands down

He uses a revolver... an SSA none the less. What does Liquid use to kill? exactly.

Ocelot has his sig hand gesture salute that he does which is a better taunt than anything i can think of at the moment.

Ocelot might not be as sinister as Liquid, but he is way more cunning and far more effective.

other than that...

LIQUID FOR BRAWL!!!!

Littleonetwo

Smash Cadet
I totally support your idea of Liquid for Brawl. 100%

But on the topic on Liquid vs. Ocelot:

I'd rather see the younger Ocelot from MGS3 in Brawl. I feel he is the real spirit of Ocelot, not the Liquid invested Ocelot.

The Most Deadly Marksman in any game hands down

He uses a revolver... an SSA none the less. What does Liquid use to kill? exactly.

Ocelot has his sig hand gesture salute that he does which is a better taunt than anything i can think of at the moment.

Ocelot might not be as sinister as Liquid, but he is way more cunning and far more effective.

other than that...

LIQUID FOR BRAWL!!!!
wow never thought about young Ocelot, i mean his gesturing was a MGS3 Exclusive it may return in the 4th. I would die laughing if i seen that as a taunt in Brawl no doubt, i gesture from time to time, it is the cool thing to do.

as for what Liquid uses, he uses anything, usually war machines, such as helicopters Metal Gear Rex, Cars, besides that hes equally skilled in Hand to Hand as Solid, well not so much i mean he lost to him. But hes got spirit, the only thing that could kill him was the disease Fox Die, even though it technically failed.

Honestly i just wanna hear the Battle Cries of Liquid in Brawl, his VA is incredible, and it moves me anytime i hear it.

there are few VA's that can do that and that list is as follows:

A. Liquid Snake (MGS)
B. Kain (Legacy of Kain Series)
C. Fate (^Same as Above)
D. Edward Elrich (Fullmetal Alchemist)

those are just the ones who stand out to me at the moment.

Tsen

Smash Journeyman
I usually use my awesome brain for the dark side (mad flameage) but fine fine if you really need and want my help nubsicle. First, he would be a clone so his speed and strength would be based on those of Solid, so he'd be fast and average strength or average on speed but high on strength, since he never really showed the weakness Solid does (maybe cause they didn't give him the chance but..) most likely Snake would be a fast character i'm guessing I mean he wears an uber ninja suit with a headband...speed ownage, anyway back on topic. Since indeed he would be a clone his neutral b should be a projectile as I believe snake's is though i'm not sure of it. His side b's should indeed knock the opponent straight back and up a little if he's a power toon if not then it would just be straight up i'm sure...or rather should be. A timed-mine may sound like a good idea but it would just be another link bomb but able to stick to the stage so i'd come up with maybe a different idea in that respect. ^b shouldn't really be a grapple hook though it is a good idea I guess but since the confirmation of the fabled tether recovery it might work better as a grab imo. Final smash a metal gear?? You so know that's OP metal gear's need a nerf though I think it should be something like that I say a copter like he was piloted in solid 1 it would be less clunky and space-consuming stage/control wise and I think it's cooler =p. I like the idea of non cloned taunts so a link-esque hair flipping doesn't seem right hah I say he should pop the collar of his overcoat and mutter "Did you expect any less?" or he raises his hands chest high plams face up does an evil laugh which could end there or afterwards he could yell "FOXHOUND LIVES!" nuff said

*editz* if we're gonna talk about seiyu why Ed haha if anything Scar's or Roy's was substantially better only because Ed had that let's whisper when i'm serious tendency. So I say the seiyu for Genjo Sanzo from Saiyuki was baller son won't name more because I mean....anime junkie = looooooooooooong list

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Fortunately, Ocelot will never be in Brawl. No guns, and Ocelot IS his guns. You couldn't have a moveset for him without one, really, even though I'm sure he's pretty good at hand-to-hand.

Liquid would be alright as a boss enemy who's nothing but a tweaked clone of Snake. All things considered, he doesn't have as much variety as some of the other characters, since the only times we see him fight he's in a helicopter, in a Metal Gear, barehand fighting with pretty repetetive moves, or else using a gun. So yeah, I think he'd only work as a clone. I don't imagine him being much of a gadgets man myself really, so I can't imagine timed mines or a grappling gun. I'd make his Up B something like the Hind D flying up from the stage, so that he lands on it and is lifted up some more before jumping off, while the Hind missile spams or machineguns the place. Down B as the Bullrush. Standard B as... something to do with his trenchcoat?

In any case, if I had the choice I'd want to see Mantis appear. Why? He's the only one you fight without a gun, so he's gonna be pretty much intact, and he was a really badass psychic. better than Mewtwo any day. Actually, could probably clone him from M2 and stick him in the Emissary mode too if you were desperate.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
hell no he is a twin of snake he would look the same as snake only difent costume if another MGS character get in it should be Grey Fox

Conker1

Smash Ace
Liquid is probably one of my least favorite MGS characters.

I would much rather have Revolver Ocelot, Grey Fox, or even Raiden(although he can't because he hasn't appeared on a Nintendo console.)

Revolver Ocelot for Brawl!(at least as an AT)

Ocelot could shoot...lasers.

Rick626

Smash Rookie
Raiden would be like the fox/falco thing, raiden would be more nimbles and faster while snae as more power, but i wouldnt mind raiden in brawl

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hell FREAKIN YEAH!!!!! LIQUID SNAKE PWNS!!!, I truly want to see him in brawl and I know he has a chance at least as an assist trophiy since Snake is already in the Brawl so it's very possible

LIQUID SNAKE FOR BRAWL!!!!!

Top Bottom