• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

September 9 tourney in Eureka, MO (near St. Louis)

bandbgameshop

Smash Cadet
It's been a while since we had a Smash Tournament here at B and B (August was just jam packed with other stuff and July we had apparently picked a bad day). So here we are doing it again. Sorry it's kinda short notice, I hope it doesn't affect our attendance too badly.

Sign-ups start at 11:00, Doubles start at noon. Singles will be afterwards, probably around 1:30. Entry fee is $10 for singles, $20 per team for doubles.

Games are best 2 out of 3, 4 stock, 8 minutes, and no items.
Double elimination

Stage selection rules:

At the beginning of each set, each player can choose to ban any legal stage.
First game is Random unless both players can agree on a stage.
For each subsequent game, previous loser counterpicks stage, winner picks character, then loser picks character.
In any set, you cannot counterpick a stage you already won a game on.

Random stages
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams (banned on doubles)
Pokemon Stadium
Yoshi's Story
Battlefield
Dreamland 64

Counterpick stages
Corneria
Mute City (banned on doubles)
Kongo Jungle 64
Rainbow Cruise
Poke Floats
Brinstar
Kongo Jungle
Jungle Japes
Onett
Green Greens

Our address is:

1739 West Fifth Streeet
Eureka MO, 63025

for those of you who don't know how to get here and need mapquest. But it's really easy to get to as you can basically see Six Flags from where we are at. Also our number is 636-938-9989.

Echo

Smash Champion
another one of these things, huh? looks fun! i'm definetely going to try to make it.

WarioWario

Smash Rookie
You gotta start having these tournies on saturdays. I can't make it because I teach in Lawrence KS at 8am the next day. If it were on a Saturday, it'd be no problem.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Since I can't go to Kansas City I may go to this...but a lot of people won't be there.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I'm going to call teaming with Smooth because we missed out on Doubles at SGAB.

theLEMON

Smash Cadet
seeing as i just read this thread and viperboy hasnt said anything about it to me id imagine im not coming. sorry dudes

Echo

Smash Champion
yeah so it looks like there will be more people playin at darks house than there will be people at this tourney... and its closer :(... and its on saturday...

Yami

Smash Rookie
seeing as i just read this thread and viperboy hasnt said anything about it to me id imagine im not coming. sorry dudes
Lemon NOOO!!! Who the hell ELSE is gonna spar with me like you did? =( Guess I'll have to find someone else who feels like workin' the living CRAP out of me...over...and over...until I get better. -.-

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
I don't think Nike has a partner Massive.

The good part is, as long as you guys win your first round, you'll be in the semi-finals. :laugh:

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
that was a blast guys... more people will have to show up next time.

Everyone I played: Awesome awesome games. Most all of them were really close. Specially ours, Fred.

Cya guys at the next one.

A 2

Smash Apprentice
results...from memory

1st Fred
2nd NikePK
3rd A2
4th Smooth

also it was great playing all of you guys can't wait till next time

-A2

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
yeyuhhzzz FRED

FALCO>PUFF!!!!

how many ppl were there and who took out lixi?

also GJ nike...

sucks i wasnt there... for me..

how much you make lol

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
No vids were recorded. Heck we only had the 4 setups already at B&B, let alone a camera. =P

Well despite the low turnout (4 teams for doubles and 17 people for singles @_@) I had a great time. I got to play about everyone but Foxx and Nike (in singles anyway) and there were some new faces there.

For first in doubles Lixi and I split $35 and in singles I think Fred got around $66?

Edit - Whoops typo. Thanks Lixi.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
No vids were recorded. Heck we only had the 4 setups already at B&B, let alone a camera. =P

Well despite the low turnout (4 teams for doubles and 17 people for singles @_@) I had a great time. I got to play about everyone but Foxx and Nike (in singles anyway) and there were some new faces there.

For first in singles Lixi and I split $35 and I think Fred got around $66?
We got first in Doubles, not Singles

Doubles:

1. Lixi & Smooth - $35
2. A2 & Fred - $20
3. Nike & (Davis) - $?

Singles:

1. Fred
2. NikePK
3. A2

Top Bottom