• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley's Lair 2 (Norfair)

Phazon_Dude

Smash Apprentice
As you know all the Metroid fields in smash are either full of hazards and based on Brinstar. But in the Brawl Dojo there was a Metroid music called the Metroid: Boss Battle Music (Ridley Fight).
If this music is for a stage then it must be one were Ridley lives, so far he has lived in the depths of Norfair (sometimes also know as Ridley's Lair). Maybe this time there could finally be a metroid stage that isn't full of rising acid or other crazy hazards but just a cool stage with awesome metroid music and background.

And my custom made stage.. (just to show how it could be..)

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
Maybe this time there could finally be a metroid stage that isn't full of rising acid or other crazy hazards but just a cool stage with awesome metroid music and background.
I'm all for that. I haven't liked any of the Metroid stages so far. They definitely need to make a stage that isn't ridiculous and filled with hazards. The stage you gave looks like it could be really cool.

Hong

The Strongest
I agree. I'd settle for any Metroid themed stage not riddled with hazards from start to finish. They can keep Brinstar, since it's traditional, but they should have a safer stage in addition to it.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea that sounds like a good idea just add a few more platforms make it a little wider and add on some crazy event (Not like rising lava more like... a random er... hardening of the lava or something XD)

Darkurai

Smash Master
I'm all for that. I haven't liked any of the Metroid stages so far. They definitely need to make a stage that isn't ridiculous and filled with hazards. The stage you gave looks like it could be really cool.
QFT, man. QFT

Phazon_Dude

Smash Apprentice
Oh I forgot to mention Gypsy kinda sorta thought of the whole Norfair thing, hahaha... Sorry, I guess I should have mentioned you.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Oh no. I wasn't talking about the idea, I was referring to the picture you posted. It just looked a lot like the one I made. I was just joking around anyway.

And off topic, where did you get that Super Metroid map? Spriters-resource?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i'm all for a safe metroid level too. i don't mind the acid, but i didn't like Kraid's level where he flipped the stage. keep the brinstar stuff cause it's retro, but something like this fits well

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
i'm all for a safe metroid level too. i don't mind the acid, but i didn't like Kraid's level where he flipped the stage. keep the brinstar stuff cause it's retro, but something like this fits well
I completely agree. I never liked Kraid's level. I'd much rather have this level (or gypsy's) instead. I also never really liked brinstar either but Lunadis is right in saying it should be kept since it's classic.

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
I agree with many of the above posts: they should make a Metroid stage without hazards.
The Metroid world is so futuristic and creative, they could make a great stage if they put some thought into it. It has all kinds of different parts to it: from dark tunnels to frozen lakes and lava caverns, deadly floating sanctuaries with all kinds of mechanical equipment, abandoned temples, underwater complexes, etc.
And that's only to name a few.

Top Bottom