• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Glitz Pit

Darkurai

Smash Master
The Glitz Pit from Paper Mario 2 would be a perfect stage.

The battle takes place on the stadium's fighting ring. The big screen in the background will, as in the Pokemon Stadium stage from Melee, show dynamic camera views of the battle. The fight promoter, Jolene (or possibly Grubba), can stand in the background watching the fight. The crowd around them will at times throw things (mostly items) at the stage.
Occasionally, a light will fall down from the ceiling and cause an electrical explosion, damaging anyone who's too close to it.
When a character falls off the platform into the crowd, they're crowd-surfed into a KO.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
This seems like a good idea, except for two things:

1) I've played PM2, and in the Glitz Pit, the crowd isn't exactly low down like the crowd on the Pokemon Stadium stage.

2) People wouldn't play the stage much because of the item part.

Other than that, I like this idea.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

texaskid92

Smash Rookie
Now that sounds like something I'd like to see. It's be even cooler if they kept the stage all 2D while the characters are 3D. (Just like in the Flat zone in SSBM)

Darkurai

Smash Master
Now that sounds like something I'd like to see. It's be even cooler if they kept the stage all 2D while the characters are 3D. (Just like in the Flat zone in SSBM)
Uh...why? The Glitz pit itself is 3D.

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
What if, depending on how your fighting, the crowd can choose to crowd-surf you back in or off the stage. If you just recently got a chant from the audience, then if you get knocked into the crowd, they could surf you back to the stage. Just an thought that could be cool.

Darkurai

Smash Master
What if, depending on how your fighting, the crowd can choose to crowd-surf you back in or off the stage. If you just recently got a chant from the audience, then if you get knocked into the crowd, they could surf you back to the stage. Just an thought that could be cool.
That is a good idea.

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
I'm serious dude. It's intresting, has a unique little gimick, but it isn't too busy. And most of all, it stays acurate to the game. Sounds like something that'd actually work.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I'm serious dude. It's intresting, has a unique little gimick, but it isn't too busy. And most of all, it stays acurate to the game. Sounds like something that'd actually work.
I think a Boo or a Shy Guy jumping into battle and messing around like they did in Paper Mario 2 is needed.

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
Mayber once every so often, like the goombas and redeads that randomly appeared out of boxes. But doing it too much could make the style get tired fast. IMO of course.

Alan Redgown

Smash Cadet
One of the best parts about the Glitz Pit in PM:TTYD was the varied fights and challengers. (At least, that's what made Glitzville my second-favorite chapter.) If the different teams could somehow be incorporated, this would make an amazing level.

Top Bottom