• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ice Climbers Thread

Anklez15

Smash Apprentice
It is Official they are in :-). so i propose a new question what are ur feeling of the ice climbers being in.
Edit: I could not find a ice climbers thread and since someone stole my GW thread i made this one official
Edit2: IT IS OFFICIAL THEY ARE IN

*McFox EDIT* Sorry, but seeing "THERE IN" in the title was driving me crazy.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Of course they deserve to come back. I'm not big on the whole duo thing, but it's unique and besides they have ice moves! (I love ice. XD)

The only rumors I've seen of them leaving have been on Wikipedia, which I have no reason to believe.

Nigachu

Smash Apprentice
They do deserve to come back. I personally like using them from time to time. They are unique and bringing them back would'nt really hurt the game IMO.

IllidR

Smash Champion
They absolutely deserve to come back. They were probably the most original of the SSBM roster, and were pretty fun to play as. If another duo were in Brawl but no Ice Climbers, i'd be pretty angry.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
The answer is yes. There is no other answer. They are an original character, and should be back for more chilly shenigans.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Yes.

But in likely hood, at this point we can't truly really know Sakurai's intentions.

But still... in all truth of my opinion, even though I didn't use them.

Yes.

-Onyx

dj asakura

Smash Ace
I personally have yet to see a good argument for them not being in Brawl.

You usually get the "but there are better duo's" or "no one likes them". someone is just mad they've lost to the IC's.

Sakurai (if i recall correctly) loves the IC's, that alone is reason enough for them to stay. Outside of that, they are original beyond belief and just fun in general. I'd be honestly surprised if they didn't return.

It's the IC duo or no duo imo.

Rigor_Mortis

Smash Cadet
I personally hate the IC. And it's mainly because of the cheap tricks they can do.
Example: Popo grabs you, and nana hits you with a F-Smash. <-- ********.

As characters I see no reason for them not to return, I just hate them. If you kill 1, they both should die, irregardless of which one was the cause.

That, and I think Nana has it out for me. She goes out of her way to hit me when I'm against them, and then likes to suicide when I play as them. -_-

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I personally hate the IC. And it's mainly because of the cheap tricks they can do.
Example: Popo grabs you, and nana hits you with a F-Smash. <-- ********.

As characters I see no reason for them not to return, I just hate them. If you kill 1, they both should die, irregardless of which one was the cause.

That, and I think Nana has it out for me. She goes out of her way to hit me when I'm against them, and then likes to suicide when I play as them. -_-
you sir win!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
They're the most unique characters yet, so why not=??? They're awsome, and there is almost no denying that! And c'mon...little eskimos+hammers+ice and snow powers=pwnage! :)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I guess it's true that they are unique, the only thing I don't like is that there moves did not work forme, maybe if Sakurai made some improvements for Brawl with them, then maybe I can learn to like them, but as for Melee, I'll never like them

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I guess it's true that they are unique, the only thing I don't like is that there moves did not work forme, maybe if Sakurai made some improvements for Brawl with them, then maybe I can learn to like them, but as for Melee, I'll never like them
They worked, otherwise Chu Dat [the #2 ranked player in the USA, behind only world champ Ken] wouldn't main [use] them. :) But they're kinda high in the tiers, and can be kinda cheap if used at that insane level of skill. Chu Dat is to the Ice Climbers, wat Anaki is to Link, and Ken is to Marth. They all invented the basis of their play styles used today. :)

JPW

Smash Ace
i reckon they were very unique as a duo, but just seeing the trio from PT. I'm actually double guessing.

But these guys are quite popular and I reckon they could still hand with a few, and be even touched up a bit. to be considered for a future return, or to be sold to the Ness or Kirby franchise. They seemed to of had a thing for Ness in the Melee intro. Both which was probably even scarier for Ness.

But they had a very nice moveset, and they're not all that bad once you get used to them.

I hope they do return I see them being revealed in the coming weeks, along with ness and Falcon.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
IC were so powerful in brawl. it felt like you could jump in and kill people with them so easily. they were veyr interesting characters and i would miss them if they were gone. i wonder why they were low tier in melee though...

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
YES!

Nothing is more fun than playing with my friends, having one of them kill my "wife," then complaining about how they live in antarica and climb ice all day long, and all they get out of it are "love" from one another, and then YOU go and KILL her.

Then I get revenge.

But yeah, as they are my only weapon against killing a Foxer, I'd be very miserable if they never made a return. (i'll bet they are downloadable later for cash)

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
i really want them to return. They were unique and tons of fun to play with but there stage i hope gets lost forever O.O

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
i dont like using them but i think they should come back, they're a very unique character i should definately stay. i hope game & watch stays too.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
i dont like using them but i think they should come back, they're a very unique character i should definately stay. i hope game & watch stays too.
Ditto.
They are just good characters to have in the Smash series, simple as that..

hojiky

Smash Cadet
ice climbers definitely deserve to return. especially if brawl is going to have a character as unique as the pokemon trainer, ice climbers deserve a return if only for their unique two man action.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
I saw (what I think to be the reason) in this thread alone why people seem to want to get rid of Ice Climbers (unless it was sarcasm : P). Some people think that if the Ice Climbers return it may hurt Dedede's chances...prolly cause the both use a hammer...so does Kirby though so meh. I can't see a reason why all three of them can't be in Brawl, we've got half a dozen sword users, let's bring in the hammers!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I saw (what I think to be the reason) in this thread alone why people seem to want to get rid of Ice Climbers (unless it was sarcasm : P). Some people think that if the Ice Climbers return it may hurt Dedede's chances...prolly cause the both use a hammer...so does Kirby though so meh. I can't see a reason why all three of them can't be in Brawl, we've got half a dozen sword users, let's bring in the hammers!
that's horrible reasoning...

ok then...no more sword users because Link uses a sword...wait....it's a little too late for that

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
I never said they should remove any sword users, the person I main is a sword user but a couple pages back on this thread someone said that Ice Climbers returning would hurt Dedede's chances, I only guessed that it was because they both used hammers. I'm all for sword users and Ice Climbers!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I never said they should remove any sword users, the person I main is a sword user but a couple pages back on this thread someone said that Ice Climbers returning would hurt Dedede's chances, I only guessed that it was because they both used hammers. I'm all for sword users and Ice Climbers!
I was saying the hammer excuse is as lame as the sword one...they are added more sword users when there already are swords...what's wrong with hammers?

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
People actually think that? For one anyone that has played a Kirby game (barring the amazing mirror) King Dedede has an amazing array of possible moves for his Brawl moveset. I mean he the most votes on the poll, recurring boss in kirby games, Metaknight would not be playable if King Dedede wasn't. He's in. I'm just waiting to see what moves Sakurai will give him.

It never came to my mind that people would actually think the IC's would affect King Dedede. The more hammers the better :D

-Knight

Top Bottom