• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MSOP1 - circuit event, Oct 20th

viperboy_74

Smash Master
MIDWEST ****'S ON PEOPLE1

ok everyone, i got the clearance to hold a circuit event... i was given 2 dates to decide between, sept 8th and oct 20th.

the venue i am using was only available oct 20th, so thats the date i went with. it's a really nice venue, having mini golf, and all sorts of other things we can do when we're bored of smash... (bascially for the old timers like AOB)

Entry Fees:
$15 singles
$15 per person doubles
$5 door fee (only paid once)

Prizes:
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%
Note: 15% will be removed from the pot before breakdown, to be used for the circuit points winner at the end of the season.

Housing: will be available, but limited, send me a pm if you want it.

WE WILL NEED SET UPS AND POWER STRIP BARS!

the door fee will be waved for those bringing a set up (per person, not per car)

we're allowed to enter the building at 10 am, so those bringing set ups, please be there around then.

registration will be from 10:30 - 11:00 and doubles will begin at 11:30 sharp. DON'T BE LATE!

1380 Beech Tree Rd
Charleston
Illinois
USA

www.thegamenexus.com

217 - 822- 7883... call if you neeed help finding the place, there is a map on the website.

you do NOT have to register online for this tournament

Tourny Rules:

•RR into double elimination bracket
•All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
•4 stock, 8 minute limit
•Ties broken by lives/percentage
•Items OFF

•Stages limited to the 6 neutral stages for random, others open for counterpicks.

•Neutral stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Kirby 64, Pokemon Stadium, Rainbow Cruise for doubles

•Stages banned: Yoshi's Island, MKI, , Venom, Big Blue, Flatzone, Icicle Mountain, Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Termina, and Yoshi's Island 64

•Dave's Real Stupid Rule: A stage may only be replayed if the loser of that stage re counter picks it.

•Knock-out: Each person knocks out one stage for the entire match. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.

•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters

•Double Blind pick may be called at any time

•Special Team Rules:
• Team Attack ON
• Life stealing allowed
• Fountain of Dreams and Mute City are banned

Other Rules & Special Issues

---Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), including cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are allowed.
-- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned.
--Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
-- Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.
--You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
I'm not too sure about my exam schedule or whether I can find some way of getting out of the clutches of Purdue on this date, but I will try my hardest. :)

Eddie, let's team this time, 'k? lawl

Dopey

Smash Lord
illinois tourny >>> ohio tourny

TJ i need housing =p

dark wanna team? =p

Echo

Smash Champion
looks fun, i'll see what I can do. However, I call dibs on housing. :D

Tink

Smash Hero
drephens statement should read " i going to the tourney thats within walking distance of my house, because im afraid tink will beat me =( ." :D

Watty

Smash Lord
i going to the tourney thats within walking distance of my house, sorry =(
not unless i say hey lets bale on this tourny. 1 i love illinois 2 i love every1 whos gonna be at this 3 **** that ******* tourney mwc > that tourny what idd it have last time 30 people and cincy came and more than likely they will go to the circuit (if u are not going to the circuit dont tell drew say he thinks u are) and 4 and this is by far the most important of all..... watty wants to go to this

Sliq

Smash Master
Cincinnati will be going to this over the Columbus one.

Drephen wants to go to the Columbus tournament so he can actually win. Otherwise he would get froed by me first round, because I always ****ing play him at any tournament I go to, almost always first round.

Also, I will be bringing a setup and a power strip. And a VCR to record quality matches...so no Tink.

KishSquared

Smash Master
i left a power strip at fc, and actually tried pretty hard to find it
Heh heh, sucker! Why do you think we host FC? For all the riches, wealth, and monies??

Nope! It's for all the power strips. We slowly steal them all weekend long, replacing them with our own. At the end of the weekend, no one can find theirs!

In all seriousness, Drew, if you can describe it I'll try and bring it. Just remind me 2 days before the event or I'll forget :ohwell:

mathos

Smash Champion
Well I hope Drephen and GunPunch can run the tournament, because I have a feeling thats whats going down.

Watty

Smash Lord
thomas sliq said hes going to this lol.

I wanna do crews really bad like COK + watty vs whoever

soap

Smash Hero
what tourney is in columbus on that day? i guess id rather go to a circuit event, but only if i can get a ride..if you guys have space.
Watty money match? sheik vs your samus, or marht, or birdy

Big_R

Smash Champion
momo's tourny aka soap's revenge. lol man idk what the plan is. that's a lottra traveling when justin wong is right there.

mathos

Smash Champion
Lolz I definiately didn't read Sliq's post correctly.

Well D-rephen not lose to any noobs at Season's Beatings.

Watty

Smash Lord
the main ingredient in sliq is sucking at life

get froed son

Sliq

Smash Master
the main ingredient in sliq is sucking at life

get froed son
Watty? More like "Fatty," amirite?

Also, you main a woman. Samus should convert the cannon on her arm into a dustbuster so she can clean my room and then make me a sandwich.

mathos

Smash Champion
WTF I just realized watty has been talking. I thought it was JV randomly. Flipping change your avatar you scrub!

Sliq

Smash Master
Sun Jiano (6:32:30 PM): post this in viperboys circuit thread
Sun Jiano (6:32:34 PM): mathos you dumba$$

Sliq

Smash Master
the way you say Watty makes it not rhyme with "Fatty"; Sliq no Dyck (see that rhymes)
Except I wasn't talking over the internet. I was typing over it.

Also, your name is soap. You lose automatically because like half of the people that go to tourneys don't even use you.

Top Bottom