• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mt. Dedede-zoi!

Hong

The Strongest
Mt. Dedede

Outside

Interior

Details
The stages takes place on King Dedede's personal fighting rink within the walls of Mt. Dedede. The crowd of Kirby series characters cheer you on as you fight! The ropes of the rink give a distinct elastic effect when you hit them hard enough. You can also roll and crawl under them. The sides, floor and ceiling are all outside of the boundaries. You pretty much want to stay in the rink to survive. Use the ropes to initiate spectacular combos! When items are enabled the crowd may toss them into the fray while battle ensues.

Music
King Dedede's Theme from Kirby Super Star. Remixed of course.

Thoughts? Other ideas for Mt. Dedede? Comments? Objections? More information about Mt Dedede can be found here if you need something to draw ideas from.

Heres a video featuring Kirby Super Star's incarnation of Mt. Dedede;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcTw7do0ks0

Images, music and articles from Kirby's Rainbow Resort. Visit Kirby's Rainbow Resort for all of your Kirby needs. <3

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
Sounds good to me, I loved Kirby Superstar and another KSS level would be great.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
if dedede isn't in the game otherwise i think it would be cool if he pooped up in his own stage to cause a little more chaos^^

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I think Fountain of Dreams will be Dedede's stage. He fought there in two or three games. And he even built his castle upon the FoD, I believe.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I would like it with bouncy sides, that could be something new.

0rion

Smash Journeyman
Aha! This is like so golden man! Lunadis sure knows how to use her imagination! Nice goin sista girl!

Man, this makes me wanna play as Dedede all the more! I demand to see this stage and DDD on Brawl!

Hong

The Strongest
Whoa. I thought this thread died. o.o;

Yay for support! Glad you all liked the idea.

0rion

Smash Journeyman
Whoa. I thought this thread died. o.o;

Yay for support! Glad you all liked the idea.
Of course peoples liked it and if they don't like it then somethins wrong wit em! I mean, it's not as if it's repetive discussion talk like in that spammed thread of "What Pokemon deserves a spot in Brawl? in the Brawl Character Discussion Section" Speculating over and over and over again of that crap! Makes me sick just thinking about it!

This is original and creative. Course a brotha likes it! Madd props!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mt. Dedede....as long as it has the song from Kirby's Superstar...Best stage ever

Kaburii

Smash Apprentice
The music in the that stage would be great in Brawl, the stage idea, perhaps.

Though, I just thought of a good assist trophy or boss idea: Dark Matter :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The music in the that stage would be great in Brawl, the stage idea, perhaps.

Though, I just thought of a good assist trophy or boss idea: Dark Matter :)
Been sayin' Dark Matter should be a Boss for a while now...

Most likely though Heavy Lobser will be...They seem to be following the Superstar/ Nightmare in Dreamland game-types for Brawl rather than Dreamland/64 games.

Dreamland/ 64 = Best series of them all

Hong

The Strongest
With Dedede announced, there will probably be many people making stage suggestions on him. I think I'll fix up this topic and replace that broken image and provide footage of the arena.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
With Dedede announced, there will probably be many people making stage suggestions on him. I think I'll fix up this topic and replace that broken image and provide footage of the arena.
You need to link some music!

Hong

The Strongest
Working on it. I plan to have this topic LOADED before I go to sleep.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If they make orchestrated remake of this stage it would pwn. Best update in a while, btw. Betting his FS is Dark matter Dedede!
...Why should it involve Dark Matter...He's his own independent character from Dark Matter

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
Dedede can do the puff up like kirby right? But he should have a big stage with events happening like new pork city, does anyone have any suggestions.

Hong

The Strongest
While Sony Vegas renders my gameplay demo, I'm going to start on reworking the first post.

Hong

The Strongest
Video added.

My Kirby stage predictions (I hope);
Dreamland, remixed from the N64 version.
Halberd
Fountain of Dreams
Mt. Dedede or Dedede's castle in general.

I know they'll have something in there that reflects Dedede's ginormous ego. :p

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
I think that the boxing ring stage would be absolutely perfect for Dedede. I agree that it would be cool if the sides were elastic or something, where it would make it a little more difficult to knock people off. The audience in the background could throw stuff at you while you battle too, like food and bombs.

Hong

The Strongest
I'm wondering if I should scrap the whole arena destruction thing... :/

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hmm....Not completely sure about the whole Robo Dedede thing...but then again I like more chaotic stages...

Hong

The Strongest
Support is always good. I'm always open to ideas. ^.^

Though the game needs a healthy balance of simple and complex chaotic stages. Personally, I prefer the medium. I liked stages such as Rainbow Cruise and Princess Peach's Castle in melee. A bit of havoc, but nothing too crazy.
I think that the boxing ring stage would be absolutely perfect for Dedede. I agree that it would be cool if the sides were elastic or something, where it would make it a little more difficult to knock people off. The audience in the background could throw stuff at you while you battle too, like food and bombs.
Good idea. I'll add it to the first post. (Only when items are on that is.)

spikehappy07

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo, CA. Its a small city whom many people ove
Hmm... Now looking at the stage, it looks sorta small. Of, course, the stage will be tweaked in order to have a roomy FFA, right?

Also, I'd like to throw in this idea: They start on top of the castle of Dedede. While the battle continues, Stars will begin to crash down, one of them which will break the floor bringing the brawlers down to the ring.

But it probably won't work since stages like that are suppose to transition after a while. The idea I had in mind is making the scene change from the top of the castle to the ring, and keeping it permanent.

Hong

The Strongest
Hmm... Now looking at the stage, it looks sorta small. Of, course, the stage will be tweaked in order to have a roomy FFA, right?

Also, I'd like to throw in this idea: They start on top of the castle of Dedede. While the battle continues, Stars will begin to crash down, one of them which will break the floor bringing the brawlers down to the ring.

But it probably won't work since stages like that are suppose to transition after a while. The idea I had in mind is making the scene change from the top of the castle to the ring, and keeping it permanent.
Crashing through a castle roof is more of a Castle Siege thing, as cool as that is. :/

peachy!

super princess
Cool! I wish it was true. It will give a new flavor to Smash Bros. Why? Well, here's the reason:

We've seen the character fight in floating platforms, temples, and even on a Nintendo DS application (PictoChat Stage). Well, why not finally on a rink? :D

Hong

The Strongest
You know, with the new update from the Dojo about creating stages, you can pretty much make this stage a reality-assuming that they haven't thought of making that stage yet :p
As nice as that sounds, you won't be able to program the audience or the elastic effects on the ropes. D:

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Someone had to make a thread on this, since this stage is the one most assosiated with Dedede, and with Elasticated ropes, an actual crowd background (maybe with cameos?) and THAT music, I think this could be one of the favourites in the game, also it's perfect for tournament play.

Top Bottom