• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UPDATE: Renth and chaddd rule with Ganondorf. Ask us a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaddd

Smash Lord
I am incredibly bored with just about nothing to do until class starts in a few weeks. So I am offering Ganondorf advice here. If you don't like me or my advice, then feel free to continue losing. I have never lost a Ganon ditto in tournament, and very few times out of tournament. After and update to my state's Power Rankings I will be seated as #1. And I did it all with Ganondorf. All matchups using Ganondorf.

I'm not saying this to brag, or to "talk myself up" or whatever it may be. I'm simply stating to prove that I am well qualified. I've played and beaten many top players in my smash career. If this isn't enough, you can see some of my videos that are hardcore ownage:

Me vs Renegade Marth(Ganon vs Marth)
Me vs Prac(Ganon Ditto)

And purely for entertainment purposes.
Facial Impact: Obliteration, my combo video

There are several videos of me online, most of which are so old it makes me cringe watching myself play so sloppy. I do not stick by these videos to dictate my particular style, or anything close to my current ability. As Renth told me at the last SmashAid, my videos "don't do me any justice".

Once again, I'd like to state that I am not saying this to brag or to impress. Believe it or not, but I really couldn't care less what a forum of people I will never meet think of me. I am simply here to help, so if you would like my advice, then ask away.

EDIT:It has come to my attention that Renth also rules with Ganondorf, so you can also direct questions towards him in this thread. I also don't think it's necessary to cite Renth's accomplishment's with Ganondorf, just search YouTube for some ownage anytime.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
What is your personal favorite color of ganondorf?

When fighting luigi's, I tend to stick to the ground mostso over my aerial approaches and be very careful with f-tilts and jumps..abit slow in play but its effective..just tedious to a painful level..watching my spacing and his speed, is there a better way of reaching luigi and hurting him?

chaddd

Smash Lord
What is your personal favorite color of ganondorf?

When fighting luigi's, I tend to stick to the ground mostso over my aerial approaches and be very careful with f-tilts and jumps..abit slow in play but its effective..just tedious to a painful level..watching my spacing and his speed, is there a better way of reaching luigi and hurting him?
Luigi is a tough opponent for many characters in the game. First, I would like to say that I am not above a counter-pick in certain match ups. For instance, I tend to go Fox against Sheiks simply to avoid the chain grab. However, I only counter pick against Sheiks, and no one else.

Luigi is not a character Ganon should have very much trouble with. Luigi may be fast, but Ganon maintains all range in the matchup. Also Luigi maintains his speed through his wavedash, so he is typically more committed to whatever action he decides upon. Don't allow the Luigi to frustrate you with not being able to catch him, make that your chance to attempt to frustrate him. Certain players will run away all day long from Ganondorf, but playing a poking game against Ganon is not a smart choice.

As for reaching him, a combination of empty short hops to a fastfall perfect waveland, and wavedashing out of the waveland can immensely increase Ganon's mobility. A perfect waveland to a forward tilt, when factoring in the lunge forward that Ganon takes, gives it about as much range as a Wizard's Foot, if not more so, depending on how it's approached.

And speaking of a wizard's foot, attempt whiffed shffld forward airs and even up airs L-cancelled into the Wizard's Foot. This, like any tactic using the down-b, is not to be overused, of course. However, if used correctly, you can lure just about any luigi into wavedashing into a free wizard's foot.

How do you own with Ganondorf? :p
Punch motherf*ckers.

EDIT: Oh yeah, my favorite Ganondorf color is Purple. You never know what to expect from purple Ganon.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
lol Thanks chaddd, I have no real trouble, but its painstaking and makes the matchup less fun.

I still go ganon against sheiks despite the chaingrab because I just return the favor but I do have a sheik related question. I am very adapt in tech chasing, I can usually predict their techs well enough to at least gain two extra blows with ganon but heres the thing. I can go fountain of dreams to end abit of my chaingrabbing troubles but the platforms also dampen my tech chasing game as far as following up aerials so I could try fd, which I get chaingrabbed badly but I can also return the favor and tech chase easily there. Of course its nearly sucidial but many shieks are surprised by staying ganon.

Whats your opinion?

chaddd

Smash Lord
lol Thanks chaddd, I have no real trouble, but its painstaking and makes the matchup less fun.

I still go ganon against sheiks despite the chaingrab because I just return the favor but I do have a sheik related question. I am very adapt in tech chasing, I can usually predict their techs well enough to at least gain two extra blows with ganon but heres the thing. I can go fountain of dreams to end abit of my chaingrabbing troubles but the platforms also dampen my tech chasing game as far as following up aerials so I could try fd, which I get chaingrabbed badly but I can also return the favor and tech chase easily there.

Whats your opinion?
I decided that it's futile to try and fight Sheik on Ganon. The best Ganon will probably never beat the best Sheik, simply because a chain grab with Sheik on Ganon is much more accessible that vice versa, and it's existence puts a huge damper in the matchup itself. As of recently, I started picking Ganon in tournaments for my first match, but if the other person looks like they're going to go Sheik or they go to FD hinting at going Sheik, I go then go Fox and it has worked well for me. I recently(yesterday actually) had a run in with a Sheik that took me to Final D and chain grabbed me for a 2 stock. I then took him to Battlefield and when he didn't change, I went Fox for a 3 stock.

In theory, a great Ganon can beat a good Sheik, but it would take one hell of a Ganondorf to take on the many insane Sheiks out there.

My reason for this? I played Forward in a Florida tournament this past summer, and he went Falco. The first game, we random'ed Stadium, a stage that from what I can tell is about his best. He two stocked me. So I then took him to Battlefield with Ganon and two stocked him. He then went Sheik, took me to Dreamland, and 3 stocked me. My only kill was a random Wizards Foot. Ganon's speed just can't keep up with Sheik through all those grab attempts. Playing as though you're afraid of being grabbed will change your move choices, and can hinder your ability to win if you hadn't had to avoid grabs the entire game. Playing Sheik with Ganon is very similiar to playing good Ice Climbers that Wobble. The matchup is possible to win, but in my mind, it's simply not worth the trouble.

Besides, being able to play all if not most of the characters in the game is essential to becoming a top player. Everyone who wins a big tournament always has the option of counter picking. Putting too much focus on one character is like putting all your eggs in one basket. This doesn't mean it's bad to have a main, because I believe Ganondorf will always be the character I'm most skilled with, but it never hurts to be able to completely counter pick your opponent with the ability of a smash pro.

So like I said, the fight is possible, I just prefer not to have to work that hard.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I have a very solid marth to go with the matchup. I just wanted to know your opinion further. I agree whole-heartedly but I was just curious which you thought was the best bet. Its alot of hard work but tech chasing sheik with d-airs then ending with down-b is so satisfing lol...

I've had to go marth though many times against sheik due to what you stated about chaingrabbing.

I'm going to a smashfest tomorrow and I'm expecting to fight a peach main and a fox main..probably neither being any good but I'm going to record very much needed videos, would you mind critquing my ganon once I get them up?

well your thread now has a good starting.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I was going to ask about sheik also, but you have the same sentiments as I do. Sheik is my most common opponent, and I'm usually quite frustrated at the lack of balance in that match-up. I only counterpick in tournaments, because I get a headache from all the thought that goes into beating a decent sheik. The only thing that has worked so far for me is getting her to leave herself open using a couple of approach mindgames. I've almost always beaten other sheik's that I have faced except my opponent Namo.

He just needle camps ( I powershield, but the rebound is too short to hit her back), and when i'm close enough he somehow manages to grab me. He ducks under all my jabs, pummels me with tilts, and it all just sucks. Instead of shield grabbing, he just does a dash attack under my SHFFL-ed attacks (other than Bair and Uair) and proceeds to combo :(. It seems as I get exponentially better with Ganon, he gets slightly better and continues to wreck me. That's why sheik is a w****

MY SOLUTION:
Using Ganon helps you to develop superior mindgames, because you NEED them against Sheik, and then I pick Sheik and just smash their pride. Fox is my secondary, but Sheik dittos just seem to work out so much more effectively for me, especially since it is their own character and it makes them cry to lose >:D

Ok, now Chaddd, what do you suggest regarding Ganon dittos? Stiltzskin doesn't even main Ganon and he still repeatedly owns me with him. One thing I noticed, is that instead of jabbing after I shield one of his attacks, he does Side-B and throws me off. Because C.Falcon is one of his mains, he uses Ganon in a C.Falcon style, if that makes any sense.

TGM's Marth owns me with that godly TGM combo, lol. What do you have to say about Marth? He spams dash cancelled backwards side-B alot.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i know marth is all about being patient, same with peach

sheik is about sheild game...but i gotta use ICs on them

falco, what to do about those laserz?

please chadd...help me out

chaddd

Smash Lord
I was going to ask about sheik also, but you have the same sentiments as I do. Sheik is my most common opponent, and I'm usually quite frustrated at the lack of balance in that match-up. I only counterpick in tournaments, because I get a headache from all the thought that goes into beating a decent sheik. The only thing that has worked so far for me is getting her to leave herself open using a couple of approach mindgames. I've almost always beaten other sheik's that I have faced except my opponent Namo.

He just needle camps ( I powershield, but the rebound is too short to hit her back), and when i'm close enough he somehow manages to grab me. He ducks under all my jabs, pummels me with tilts, and it all just sucks. Instead of shield grabbing, he just does a dash attack under my SHFFL-ed attacks (other than Bair and Uair) and proceeds to combo :(. It seems as I get exponentially better with Ganon, he gets slightly better and continues to wreck me. That's why sheik is a w****

MY SOLUTION:
Using Ganon helps you to develop superior mindgames, because you NEED them against Sheik, and then I pick Sheik and just smash their pride. Fox is my secondary, but Sheik dittos just seem to work out so much more effectively for me, especially since it is their own character and it makes them cry to lose >:D

Ok, now Chaddd, what do you suggest regarding Ganon dittos? Stiltzskin doesn't even main Ganon and he still repeatedly owns me with him. One thing I noticed, is that instead of jabbing after I shield one of his attacks, he does Side-B and throws me off. Because C.Falcon is one of his mains, he uses Ganon in a C.Falcon style, if that makes any sense.

TGM's Marth owns me with that godly TGM combo, lol. What do you have to say about Marth? He spams dash cancelled backwards side-B alot.
Sheik has too much of an advantage on Ganon simply because her chain grab on him is cake compared to his chain grab on her. Basically it requires a lot less precision that Ganon's chain grab, so for the sake of becoming better at this game and attempting to master new strategies, I would recommend a counter pick. I have found that now I'm comfortable with several characters, a simple counter pick can make a normally difficult matchup a breeze. However, keep in mind that Sheik is the only character I feel you should counter pick, because Ganon can pretty much manhandle any other character if you play it correctly.

For Ganon dittos, I can tell you I learned a lot by practicing with Tipman in Florida in July. The matchup is very much dependent on the grabs, the jabs, the up airs, and the back airs. Use your range and your ability to maneuver to make attempts to bait them into throwing out those back airs and forward airs, then simply move away and then towards them to punish it. I was actually able to 3 stock Tipman(nobody really ever talks about me playing him because it happened in Florida and he's said to be retired, so when I started winning it was said he was "rusty", despite how he still managed to own me back occasionally) in a Ganon ditto the first time we played using just a basic combination of these tactics.

For Marth it's very simple. Spacing and timing. Tipman spike the up-b, because if done correctly the Marth can't even sweet spot it. The back air also out ranges just about all of Marth's aerials if placed correctly. Don't attempt the forward air too much unless you're pretty sure about it connecting, because it can just wind you up in an up-tilt to Ken Combo. Remain calm against double forward air pressuring Marths, simply shield the first forward air, and then short hop out of the shield and up aerial with A as quickly as you can. I only say use the A button because it's simply much much faster of an attack out of the shield when you don't have to reach all the way down to the c-stick. This form of up-airing can be used as a sort of "anti-air" type attack. If you've ever played street fighter(i've been in the tournament comunity for about 8 years now), then just think about it like the shoryuken(ryu and ken's uppercut). It's an especially useful move against characters like Fox, Falco, and Peach because their down aerials become useless upon the application of this technique. Falco can no longer normal jump into a fast fall down aerial, because he can't out range the up air with it, ever. The Marth fight is all about speed and spacing.

i know marth is all about being patient, same with peach

sheik is about sheild game...but i gotta use ICs on them

falco, what to do about those laserz?

please chadd...help me out
Since I already talked about Marth everyone can just read the paragraph above.

As for Peach, I have a LOT of peach practice. I recently 3 stocked XIF's Peach in tournament, and go pretty much even with Mike G (although you'll find I have a hard time ever admitting that I can beat Mike G, because not only is he forever beast, but he's my good friend as well as my hero, so shhhhhhhh). The Peach game is all about keeping her in the air. Once peach is in the air, you want to keep her there and follow her around the stage while tapping her with the strongest attack you can get off, and it helps to be efficient at edge guarding. Playing XIF I have noticed that an attempt to simply be patient and wait can get you destroyed by an onslaught of float canceled attacks to down smashes. Just space yourself well, sneak in those jabs, and anytime you get her in the air, go for a forward air (I was able to land 3 in a row consecutively against XIF on two separate occasions for a comeback. lol.).

As for Falco, the most insane lasers I've ever seen is by far Lambchops. I am under the belief that the laser tactics are like the incredible speed tactic, it may be overwhelming at first, but once you get a hold of it, it becomes a trivial defense tactic for you. If you hate lasers, learn to power shield them. I know it sounds difficult, but really, if you just practice power shielding them, maybe even in slow motion in training mode, then it becomes easier and easier. Falco's lasers are by far the easiest thing to power shield in the game. They CAN be power shielded consistently multiple times. So what I would suggest is a combination of unexpected power shields(if you land one of their own lasers on them, go for the grab, and since it's Falco, try down throw to chain grab), and simply dodging the lasers to make the Falco feel they have to approach. I say dodge the lasers because few people realize the vulnerabilities of those lasers. He HAS to pull out his gun, he HAS to have it out until he hits the ground. If you see a laser coming, you can jump and fast fall over it for a free forward air. Sure, it won't happen every time, but this is just to illustrate the concept. Also, if you've ever played a really good Ganon with a Falco, you will know that there are very few approaches that you can take that don't involve lasers, and being able to power shield lasers would pretty much shut down an confidence in approach you might have. Also, when playing with Falco, having Ganondorf stay close to you is the most frightening thing in all of Smash. So stay on top of that crazy blue chicken.

Renth

Smash Hero
dude there's no point in having this thread the true way to get godly with Ganon is either change your name to Chad and put way too many dddds at the end or to Renth. :colorful:

chaddd

Smash Lord
dude there's no point in having this thread the true way to get godly with Ganon is either change your name to Chad and put way too many dddds at the end or to Renth. :colorful:
But I'm having so much fun spreading the word of the Ganon crushery. It destroys all opponents it touches.

Renth

Smash Hero
But I'm having so much fun spreading the word of the Ganon crushery. It destroys all opponents it touches.
Hahaha alright then. Ganons Fist > Everything else.

I decided that it's futile to try and fight Sheik on Ganon. The best Ganon will probably never beat the best Sheik, simply because a chain grab with Sheik on Ganon is much more accessible that vice versa, and it's existence puts a huge damper in the matchup itself.

In theory, a great Ganon can beat a good Sheik, but it would take one hell of a Ganondorf to take on the many insane Sheiks out there.

Honestly, The sheik match up has only bothered me for few very minor reasons. The chaingrab not being one of them. Chain grabs are cool and all but every ganon player uses it as an excuse to why they lose whenever it's only one of the three major factors to why sheik wins the match. I often hear ganon noobs saying omg i hate sheik i keep getting chain grabbed. If they play the same Sheik player over time they will find a way out because you can mix up your DI and become less predictable. All i can say is try your best to get out of the chain and start one of your own. CG to about 85% into f smash if the DI in front or behind and up smash if they DI up. It's really nice and will most often work and if it doesn't that sheik is now at **** percentages.

Ganon has to go out of his way to not get tilted like crazy against sheik. Generally the main reason i hate this match up is for the sole reason that the ganon player has to put about twice as much effort into the match as the sheik does. Falco for example: Falco will combo ganon 0 - 100% or so and just ****. Falco and Fox aren't too big of a threat once you learn how to abuse their recovery. They have to try to combo you but remeber your ganon hit them twice and it's basically like doing the same thing with far less effort in hand. Sheik you can't really abuse her recovery and you just have to play smart and get whatever you can out of your punches.

Think about it a lot of high tiers are all about comboing you forever ganon has a really nice combo game if you know what your doing. Furthermore ganon in a clutch moment doesn't need combos his fists easily make up for his lack of ability to not get combo'd and his easily gimped recovery. Get knocked around the stage by a marth f airs, up tilts and so fourth. At 0% down throw down smash is amazing if they don't DI behind you and if they do charge it for a moment because once they stand up it'll just mean they get hit by a much harder hit. So i don't think the match is futile it's definately in sheiks favor but i wouldn't go as far as to call it a counter match.

So in the end it all comes down to Punch the *****es.

Also, as i've told Chaddd in person his videos do him absolutely no justice. He's far more impressive in person than he will ever be on video.

chaddd

Smash Lord
It simply sounds like you haven't dealt with the Sheiks I have. If a particular Sheik DOESN'T mess up a chain grab, then you're screwed. Case and point. I've had Sheiks grab me randomly during avoidance, and they straight up don't give a sh*t about how much I mix up my DI(it's different every throw). I had 6 stocks taken from me in 2 tournament games from jab>chain grab>forward air.

Let me put it this way: Forward doesn't mess up the chain grab, and her certainly doesn't give a sh*t about you mixing up your DI.

What I'm saying is, it's entirely possible to beat Sheik with Ganon, but you really do have to be quite a bit higher than them in skill level in order to accomplish it. I'm relatively confident that no matter how much I practiced the chain grab and killing Sheiks with Ganondorf, Isai wouldn't give a f*ck about my multiple grab attempts.

Renth

Smash Hero
It simply sounds like you haven't dealt with the Sheiks I have. If a particular Sheik DOESN'T mess up a chain grab, then you're screwed. Case and point. I've had Sheiks grab me randomly during avoidance, and they straight up don't give a sh*t about how much I mix up my DI(it's different every throw). I had 6 stocks taken from me in 2 tournament games from jab>chain grab>forward air.

Let me put it this way: Forward doesn't mess up the chain grab, and her certainly doesn't give a sh*t about you mixing up your DI.

What I'm saying is, it's entirely possible to beat Sheik with Ganon, but you really do have to be quite a bit higher than them in skill level in order to accomplish it. I'm relatively confident that no matter how much I practiced the chain grab and killing Sheiks with Ganondorf, Isai wouldn't give a f*ck about my multiple grab attempts.
Werd.

i see what you mean honestly i don't think i've ever played a good sheik main. The only sheik main i ever really met was Inui and well that doesn't need explained :laugh:
So really ganon players beat sheik players if the ganon player out matches the player in over all experience i suppose. :shrugs:

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
hello.

If I wanted to have some fun with Ganon vs Marth or Doc, (aka "friendlies") what techniques/moves/ideas/awesomeness should I try out on my friend?

The Pope

Smash Apprentice
Outside of Yoshi's Story, what do you think would be the best overall counterpick stage for Ganondorf? I have personal preferences for each specific character in terms of counterpicking.

Sheik/Fountain of Dreams- Random platforms help break away from the chaingrabs.

Fox/Green Greens or Brinstar - Low ceiling and corners help in killing Fox's in Green Greens. If I don't feel that confident against the Fox, I pick Brinstar so the Fox won't have such an easy time shine spiking me. Also, the lava helps in combos and it helps with edge guarding. The Fox is either forced to recovery up, which allows for easy air attacks upon landing, or hit the lava, which also helps with landing aerials.

Falco/Green Greens or Brinstar - Look at Fox portion.

Jigglypuff/Green Greens or Onett - The low ceiling and corners totally own Jigglypuff's low frame. Onett owns Jigglypuff's 2 most important aspect of her game, recovery and edge guarding. Since there aren't any real edges to recover to, Jigglypuff can't vary her recovery and you don't have to worry about her godly eadgeguarding she can do on Ganondorf. Onett has really close corners for you to punch her to her doom. Also, this may not be much but the house on the left, and even the one on the right, can help against the Rest. Teching the houses have helped me a couple of time in friendlies.

Peach/Green Greens - She won't survive past 70% in this stage. Up smash and d-air are your friends in this match up and stage. She can easily die horizontally in Green Greens but its even more effortless to kill her vertically here. Up smahs her when she is on the platforms and d-air her when you can get it in.

Samus/Green Greens - The Peach info applies to Samus as well. Also, Samus can't really camp with the missiles that well here. The blocks are a great barrier but the platforms and the sides help in avoiding the missiles. If a Samus decides to spam camp, if you stay more patient than her, 9 times out of 10, she'll get flustered and try to come to you and we all know that approaching a Ganon in Green Greens isn't a good idea.

Captain Falcon/Dreamland - The reason I pick this stage is due to 2 things. CF ability to kill Ganondorf easily intimidates me and having a big stage helps me to relax. DI up can help a Ganon so much when CF knocks you out here. Edge guarding CF is very easy and its relatively easy to do it in this stage.

These are the characters I usually play in tournies and that's my imput on counterpciking stages for them. Chaddd and Renth, what would you guys suggest?

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
ive got a question but its not really about ganondorf its more about math.

ok so heres my equation- Chaddd + Renth + Ganondorf = WIN?

im pretty sure thats right but i figured id ask.

Renth

Smash Hero
Outside of Yoshi's Story, what do you think would be the best overall counterpick stage for Ganondorf? I have personal preferences for each specific character in terms of counterpicking.

Sheik/Fountain of Dreams- Random platforms help break away from the chaingrabs.

Fox/Green Greens or Brinstar - Low ceiling and corners help in killing Fox's in Green Greens. If I don't feel that confident against the Fox, I pick Brinstar so the Fox won't have such an easy time shine spiking me. Also, the lava helps in combos and it helps with edge guarding. The Fox is either forced to recovery up, which allows for easy air attacks upon landing, or hit the lava, which also helps with landing aerials.

Falco/Green Greens or Brinstar - Look at Fox portion.

Jigglypuff/Green Greens or Onett - The low ceiling and corners totally own Jigglypuff's low frame. Onett owns Jigglypuff's 2 most important aspect of her game, recovery and edge guarding. Since there aren't any real edges to recover to, Jigglypuff can't vary her recovery and you don't have to worry about her godly eadgeguarding she can do on Ganondorf. Onett has really close corners for you to punch her to her doom. Also, this may not be much but the house on the left, and even the one on the right, can help against the Rest. Teching the houses have helped me a couple of time in friendlies.

Peach/Green Greens - She won't survive past 70% in this stage. Up smash and d-air are your friends in this match up and stage. She can easily die horizontally in Green Greens but its even more effortless to kill her vertically here. Up smahs her when she is on the platforms and d-air her when you can get it in.

Samus/Green Greens - The Peach info applies to Samus as well. Also, Samus can't really camp with the missiles that well here. The blocks are a great barrier but the platforms and the sides help in avoiding the missiles. If a Samus decides to spam camp, if you stay more patient than her, 9 times out of 10, she'll get flustered and try to come to you and we all know that approaching a Ganon in Green Greens isn't a good idea.

Captain Falcon/Dreamland - The reason I pick this stage is due to 2 things. CF ability to kill Ganondorf easily intimidates me and having a big stage helps me to relax. DI up can help a Ganon so much when CF knocks you out here. Edge guarding CF is very easy and its relatively easy to do it in this stage.

These are the characters I usually play in tournies and that's my imput on counterpciking stages for them. Chaddd and Renth, what would you guys suggest?

Okay well.

first off my most popular counter pick regardless of character match up is obviously dream land those platforms make for a lot of fun and sexy movements. A lot of ganons very often will counter pick on Yoshi Story, Mute City, and Brinstar because of the small boundries because let's face it ganon hits someone twice it's just about over. I'll go over my favorite counter picks, my worst matches, and over all hatred for some situations.

1st:

Sheik:
Counter picking sheik can be a tricky decision if you go to an open stage such as dreamland or FD chances are your going to be chain grabbed to hell and back again. All leads to a bad time for ganon. Against sheik i go Yoshis, Mute city, Brinstar, and sometimes Battlefield. Keeping in mind battlefield isn't always the wisest option seeing how sheik plays very well there chain grabbing off of the platforms. In most cases it's best to not even mess with this match up unless you have it down really solid or are very confident you can win it. The main reason the match up is a pain is because ganon has to put in atleast twice the amount of work that sheik does in the match up let alone throwing in stage advantages. In most cases however if i do decide to take this match i do it on Fountain of Dreams because you can get away with a lot of free hits with less punishment.

2nd:

Fox/Falco:

In most cases their counter picks are generally the same because obviously they're fast fallers and both have very "gimpable" recoveries. Anyways more than often i take fox and falco to Brinstar especially when it comes to ganon. You can kill so easily and well they're fast fallers duh they get ***** by the acid. Also at high percents you can down air your oppoents straight through the acid and kill them through it. It's so sexy looking you'll love it.

As far as other counter picks for these two are simply Yoshis, Mute, FoD, ect. honestly i don't have much trouble with fox and falco for the main reason.
Fox: has to either keep on lasering and running away and attempting to throw in random throw combos. He will often try to gimp your recovery shine spiking you at every oppurtunity, however his recovery is just as gimpable. anytime a fox/falco does a forward b onto the stage i just jab them then follow up with reverse up air or down air.

Falco: is basically the same way, he goes out of his way to combo you from like... 0 - 100% and so he's trying to keep pressure on you but all you have to do is slip in basically two well placed hits then falcos off the stage easy KO. Laser are annoying be patient you can win this.

3rd:
Jigglypuff:
Okay, I have little to no jiggly puff experience what so ever but as far as i can see just camp jiggs the best you can go to small stages and try not to get back air'd into oblivion.

4th:
Peach:
I just today played a ton of friendlies with Exarch a very impressive peach main. As far as counter picks go i'd probably say FoD, Yoshi, and Battlefield. Peach can do a lot of nasty things to ganon but you need to try to space really well against her whatever you do don't let her get close. Consider he a female marth just with less range but just as an equal amount of ***gy combos that can take you from 0 - death. Battlefield is good against peach because a lot of the time she gets stuck under the stage. I like to use stages like battlefield and dreamland against peach personally because i use to platforms to retreat to keep my distance from her.

5th:
Samus:

Samus generally isn't too hard of a match for ganon but as far as counter picks go are obvious they are what every other ganon would choose just the tiny stages. Yoshis, FoD, Mute, Brinstar. These stages mainly because samus has no where to run and becomes easy combo bait in a short amount of time. We all know samus players are gonna want to keep their distance from you so take them where they can't get away and punish them for every movement they make.

6th:

Captain Falcon:

Captain Falcon is by far my worst ganondorf match up i have endless amounts of trouble in this match up not because i'm not good at it but more of i lack experience in the match up Chaddd on the other hand has played a Falcon main nearly his whole life so as far as counter picks and everyone falcon related is all him.

ive got a question but its not really about ganondorf its more about math.

ok so heres my equation- Chaddd + Renth + Ganondorf = WIN?

im pretty sure thats right but i figuread id ask.
your close with your math but you forgot to carry the 1.

Renth + Chaddd = domination we rule end of discussion.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
ok

i'll input on the jiggs cause i fight a really good one usually, sorry guys

reverse uairs and bairs are your friends, double aerials work, and pivoting fsmashes work wonders on jiggs, it really doesn't matter the stage for jiggs but smaller stages work best

one other thing for samus, never take one to dreamland or poke stadium...they will abuse the platforms there

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
EDIT: Oh yeah, my favorite Ganondorf color is Purple. You never know what to expect from purple Ganon.
Purple Ganondorf FTW. ;)

Anywho, I know these questions have come up (especially from me in other threads), but I'm still having trouble...

1) Ledgehopping: Whether it's LHU-airs or LHing in general, I can't do it for the life of me.:urg:

2) Falco: My roughest matchup. Effin SHL, and freakin' pillaring. I dunno if it's just my friend's falco who knows how to face me, or just my poor experience against falcos.

3) Techchasing: It's not an issue of me not knowing how to chase after someone, it's more of a "what move works best" question.

I guess that's it for now. :-? Thanks in advance.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Purple Ganondorf FTW. ;)

Anywho, I know these questions have come up (especially from me in other threads), but I'm still having trouble...

1) Ledgehopping: Whether it's LHU-airs or LHing in general, I can't do it for the life of me.:urg:

2) Falco: My roughest matchup. Effin SHL, and freakin' pillaring. I dunno if it's just my friend's falco who knows how to face me, or just my poor experience against falcos.

3) Techchasing: It's not an issue of me not knowing how to chase after someone, it's more of a "what move works best" question.

I guess that's it for now. :-? Thanks in advance.
1. Practice practice practice.

2. Check out some of my previous posts on Falco, and remember, power shielding and practicing laser avoidance in combination with good DI will make it seem much easier to punch that crazy blue chicken.

3. Down air. I mean. That's my, um, suggestion to you. You could always use something else, but like...what for?

Renth

Smash Hero
Oh horrible and ****ty chaddd, how do i beat a kirby? Or is that a futile matchup too?
:laugh:

Alright this is getting old and annoying already so i'm going to straight up say it. Linguini is a good ganon no doubt about it. Everyone is rating him off of a single crew battle and hasn't looked at anything else he's ever done if he has. So everyone can keep on riding linguinis nuts and think he's amazing for doing well for 15 minutes

Scrotum Warrior

Smash Cadet
dam you people for knowing my real name which is another screen name but thats not the point curse you people.

AND HOW DARE YOU INSULT THE GREAT POWERFUL KING GOD LINGUINI. I demand that you suck his throbbing c0ck for forgiveness and hope that the GREAT KING GOD linguini spare your life for you insolence and ignorant attitude towards his amazingness.

takieddine

Smash Master
and I thought there were some vids of renth vs. chadddddddddddddddddddddddd

anywho, what strats do you guys have of the ganon fox matchup?

chaddd

Smash Lord
I can already predict chaddd's advice: " fighting fox with ganon is a futile effort."
****, looks like haters come in on all fronts all the time. Actually Fox on Ganon is one of my best matchups. I'm sorry that you're not as good as me at this game since you seem to care so much that you will post some hate on any thread I'm mentioned in. STFU PLZ KTHXLOL

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Hey, since you rule with Ganon, I'd like to know how to beat one. I face a crazy mean Ganon who has hours of countless hours of the Ganon vs. Falcon matchup, to the point where there really aren't many Falcons that can actually beat him (aside from the guy he plays a lot who is also pretty **** good). Here are a couple vids of him ****** Falcon.

OLD
ThatGuy vs Kage 1
ThatGuy vs Kage 2

NEW
Noobking vs Kage

He's improved a ton since the old vids as you can tell from the new vid. In any case, are there any things that I could be looking out for that maybe I'm missing? I've been landing ariels into rolls more often so I don't get punished as much, so he doesn't **** me as badly. Still, advice would probably help.

Those vids of me are a bit old too but whatever you can critique them for what you will. Don't point out the obvious stupid mistakes :psycho:

chaddd

Smash Lord
Hey, since you rule with Ganon, I'd like to know how to beat one. I face a crazy mean Ganon who has hours of countless hours of the Ganon vs. Falcon matchup, to the point where there really aren't many Falcons that can actually beat him (aside from the guy he plays a lot who is also pretty **** good). Here are a couple vids of him ****** Falcon.

OLD
ThatGuy vs Kage 1
ThatGuy vs Kage 2

NEW
Noobking vs Kage

He's improved a ton since the old vids as you can tell from the new vid. In any case, are there any things that I could be looking out for that maybe I'm missing? I've been landing ariels into rolls more often so I don't get punished as much, so he doesn't **** me as badly. Still, advice would probably help.

Those vids of me are a bit old too but whatever you can critique them for what you will. Don't point out the obvious stupid mistakes :psycho:
Honestly I just don't think you won enough.

I'm kidding I'll post something later.

ganon543

Smash Cadet
:laugh:

Alright this is getting old and annoying already so i'm going to straight up say it. Linguini is a good ganon no doubt about it. Everyone is rating him off of a single crew battle and hasn't looked at anything else he's ever done if he has. So everyone can keep on riding linguinis nuts and think he's amazing for doing well for 15 minutes
What does this have to do with all the other posts that didnt even mention linguini........

chaddd

Smash Lord
What does this have to do with all the other posts that didnt even mention linguini........
If I remember correctly you were one of the first people to join into the random nominations for all knowing when you based it off of a single crew battle. Just throwing that out there.

Renth

Smash Hero
It does and they were, if you look at linguinis thread they keep mentioning how good he and his thread is then the same people come to this thread and say how much this thread burns there eyes. just tired of hearing it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom