• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Mansion as a Stage

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
I think we should give Luigi a better stage other than Mushroom Kingdom 2. I think fighting on the rooftop of the mansion would be excellent. And at times, King Boo can make Cameo appearances and launch a slew of Ghosts to try to attack the characters, but you can just knock them back. I'm also not saying this stage should symbolize Luigi as just a "Vacuum-Wielding Brother", but I think it is the stage that can represents him the most. That's just in my opinion, though.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Ya that would be cool. Most games that didn't come out much eariler in Smashbros didn't have time to be added. Like for example. Mario Kart Double Dash didn't have a Luigi's mansion stage, but Mario Kart DS did. Games need to be out for a while to have time for the developers to put in a stage or character.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Ya that would be cool. Most games that didn't come out much eariler in Smashbros didn't have time to be added. Like for example. Mario Kart Double Dash didn't have a Luigi's mansion stage, but Mario Kart DS did. Games need to be out for a while to have time for the developers to put in a stage or character.
Actually, although it wasn't a race course, you could get a Luigi's Mansion battle stage couldn't you? Pretty sure I remember it being unlockable or something, like Tilt-A-Kart.

Still, I agree with the idea. Luigi's Mansion is going to be virtually glued to Luigi's hip until he has another game specifically geared toward him, heh. Personally I have no problem with that though, it'd be nice for Luigi to have a stage specific more to him than just the Mario franchise in general.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Blobulator, Jigglymaster is talking about DD not DS.

In like Luigi's circuit or so the mansion that you get at the end was shown off to the side, I believe. It's been a while since I've played Double Dash, though.

Anyways, I like the idea. Luigi is awesome. XD

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Blobulator, Jigglymaster is talking about DD not DS.
In like Luigi's circuit or so the mansion that you get at the end was shown off to the side, I believe. It's been a while since I've played Double Dash, though.
I know they're talking about Double Dash >.< I haven't even played the DS one. All I know is, although you couldn't get a race track, you could get a battle stage of Luigi's Mansion in Double Dash, when they said that Double Dash had no Luigi's Mansion level at all.

Mario Kart Double Dash didn't have a Luigi's mansion stage, but Mario Kart DS did.
Found a pic: http://nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com/dol/images/cam/gm4_3a.jpg

Sorry if I've completely missed something but that's how I understood it >.<

I do have to agree though, Luigi is awesome ^_^

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
um...don't you guys think it's a few years late for luigi to have a mansion stage, I mean this type of stage SHOULD have been in Melee, after all it was around the time melee was released so it would have been perfect, but to see it now in brawl would be a little outdated, but it would be nice if Luigi got his own stage from a newer game or if he at least got Mushroom Kingdom II but redesigned

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The battle stage was in Double Dash?

Oh gosh. I'm sorry... XD

um...don't you guys think it's a few years late for luigi to have a mansion stage, I mean this type of stage SHOULD have been in Melee, after all it was around the time melee was released so it would have been perfect, but to see it now in brawl would be a little outdated, but it would be nice if Luigi got his own stage from a newer game or if he at least got Mushroom Kingdom II but redesigned
The game came out the month before Melee did, so that wouldn't really make any sense.

How would it be "outdated"? Luigi doesn't have any other newer games that feature him. Besides there's already a Super Mario Sunshine stage which came out less then a year later... I see no reason not to have a Luigi's Mansion stage.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Well I don't see why it would be too late. I mean they put in a Super Mario Sunshine stage, and it wasn't *that* long after Luigi's Mansion. Seeing as they were both each respective brother's "major" game for the GC I don't see why Luigi's Mansion is any less likely.

EDIT: Darn, got beaten to the point about Sunshine XD

OmegaXXII

The battle stage was in Double Dash?
The game came out the month before Melee did, so that wouldn't really make any sense.
exactly it came out a month before, so it would have made sense if it were added in melee,

How would it be "outdated"? Luigi doesn't have any other newer games that feature him. Besides there's already a Super Mario Sunshine stage which came out less then a year later... I see no reason not to have a Luigi's Mansion stage.
Well I don't see why it would be too late. I mean they put in a Super Mario Sunshine stage, and it wasn't *that* long after Luigi's Mansion. Seeing as they were both each respective brother's "major" game for the GC I don't see why Luigi's Mansion is any less likely.
you guys do have a point about Sunshine, but what i'm trying to say is that Luigi's Mansion was from a couple years back, and imo it really wouldn't go because seeing it'as not recent enough at least 2 years but I can assume by your assumptions that if Sunshine & Mansion are "brother titles" then it is most likely that it might be included as well.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
No, when Luigi's Mansion was released Melee was basically completed. They just had to fix bugs, isn't that correct? They couldn't add a stage in in that short of time.

Brawl is best place to put that stage.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Exactly, let alone adding in a Luigi's Mansion stage, they didn't even get in the intended 2nd Ice Climbers stage as well as the Fire Emblem stage, atleast according to Wikipedia, due to the timeframe.

OmegaXXII

well I never knew that so I see what you where saying, but still I doubt that Sakurai might include it, don't get me wrong, I would like a Luigi's Mansion stage where we could fight either outside the Mansion with gloomy whe or inside just when you start the game, all it is, is that I doubt it appearing

CronoMaster

Smash Apprentice
In SSB64 and Melee, the "mario" stages could also be counted as luigis's, but in brawl, mario has delfino plaza, so a stage for luigi would be cool

AA-Abderian

Smash Cadet
I think we should give Luigi a better stage other than Mushroom Kingdom 2. I think fighting on the rooftop of the mansion would be excellent. And at times, King Boo can make Cameo appearances and launch a slew of Ghosts to try to attack the characters, but you can just knock them back. I'm also not saying this stage should symbolize Luigi as just a "Vacuum-Wielding Brother", but I think it is the stage that can represents him the most. That's just in my opinion, though.
You sir should work at nintendo, for some reason that stage seems amazing to me right now. Maybe it's because ive been playing the same stages for years. Anyway yeah, it seems like a great stage. I think they could even go as far as adding the vacuum as an item. :chuckle:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Lmao I competely forgot that there was a stage on MKDD with Luigi's Mansion. I was only thinking about the race tracks >_>.

monty06

Smash Ace
the stage sounds cool so the boos could be like the shy guys on yoshis story

Chrisiscool

Smash Apprentice
woah great idea.
i actually like luigis mansion. i had the walkthrough but still. it was fun.

luigis final smash will be a vacuum attack.
that would be the only vacuum bro reference.
but as for the stage. you said it well:cool:

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see this stage in Brawl as a unlockable stage, acting as Luigi's home stage. I bought Luigi's Mansion when I got my Gamecube, and it was a fun little game, if very short. A Luigi's Mansion stage would be fun to play on, in my opinion.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It would be a crime not to include this as a stage. Maybe as a stage boss King Boo?

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
great ideas I like king boo also a lot better then petey and he was eqaul important in mario kart DD not that that matters alot but it's just a little fact and another fact is that if there brother games at least I think that petey was only the first boss (I didn't play the game to the end) and king boo was the main villain he's a lot more important then

The Brawler

Smash Apprentice
That would be a good thing to have in brawl considering that every stage that luigi has had has been from the mario world that i dont have a problem with.. but Luigis Mansion would be pretty sweet.

MACMO

Smash Cadet
YEEEEEAHH!!!

Luigi with diferent moves and stage than Mario!!! And Luigis Mansion is the best choice.

NOT A MARIO-CLONE-BROTHER ANYMORE!!!

Ok, he is a coward, but that is what makes him different

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
that would be awesome his moves should be updated the only resaon he was a clone in melee was because both games were being released at the sam etime thus making it hard 2 gget an ok for moves from the staff of the games

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
that would be awesome his moves should be updated the only resaon he was a clone in melee was because both games were being released at the sam etime thus making it hard 2 gget an ok for moves from the staff of the games

IllidR

Smash Champion
1. Stop the double posting Brawler.. it's getting rediculous

2. Luigi is NOT a clone. He shares some B-moves with Mario but they are played completely different.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
I think it'd be cool. I loved that game.

It'd be a cool way to introduce Luigi to the game, too. If they were to update with the stage before Luigi himself, get people talking.

EDIT - I disagree with changing Luigi's moves. Maybe change his fireballs to electricity to represent Superstar Saga, but that's all. After all, Luigi has shared most of his games with Mario.

Skivich

Smash Cadet
i think it would be an awesome stage full of twists and turns and much mayhem

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
how about luigi have a luigi's mansion moveset with the sucker?

Talendime

Smash Ace
how about luigi have a luigi's mansion moveset with the sucker?

I can definitely see that as a replacement B move. That's right, no more fireballs is d.amn fine with me.

And I can also see this as his representative stage. Absolutely. After all, consider the possibilties..

A great idea.

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
Luigi's moves shouldn't change if this is a stage, besides, he's already about completely diffrent then mario (aside the b moves (except b>))

But yeah, great stage idea.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Game and Watch was a few years old, and think about it, so is kirby, although new games are out the idea is old.

Really, as long as they make it look and play well, time is no matter.. :p

Top Bottom