• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the Franklin Badge?

Phred

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's like, one of the first items he gets, isn't it?
It reflects lightning.

Hong

The Strongest
xD Meh. This update is mean. The first Mother related update other then the composer list and it's just going to leave us hanging over the weekend.

But I must commend them for coming up with this idea and I must say it's well done.

jonfled

Smash Cadet
Ness yay!

Also, this line made me laugh so freaking hard:

"Come on, now! Where are you sticking that thing?"

*giggles*

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Hehehe, these guys just get more creative with items everyday. This Item looked dumb when I saw the picture, but when I read the explanation, it actually looks...awesome. Also, the Character Per Week Streak has ended. :(

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
As an Earthbound fan I'm VERY pleased with update. I would have NEVER seen it coming. And it's an auto reflector too? Wow.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
"Come on now! Where are you sticking that thing?"

I lol'd.

Sakurai and his creations are silly.

I like this item a lot, but the lack of a character profile this week concerns me.

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
I don't think character per week is dead, since it pretty much confirmed Ness

Also, didn't the franklin badge just reflect lightning?

Phred

Smash Journeyman
And it's the same design they used for the real life Franklin Badge.

that was a nice touch!

Ronike

Smash Ace
Man will that be cheap beyond all belief... hope its a rarer item than most, or it doesn't last long at all, cause the way he said it made it sound like it lasts for quite some time. If it did, that would just kinda suck for a lot of characters...

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
Well for anyone who wants to know, the Franklin Badge was an item you carried in your inventory, and it reflected the thunder spell. Here, it's updated to global projectiles, which is cool, it doesn't really go too far from the original, since deflecting only thunder attacks wouldn't be too useful. He gets it in a small town outside the second town.

Fawriel

Smash Master
And it's the same design they used for the real life Franklin Badge.

that was a nice touch!
Interesting. Does that hint more towards Lucas than Ness?

All those who are saying that Ness is semi-confirmed don't seem to be well-informed about Mother-related stuff... it was already said by Sakurai personally that Mother 3 music will be in, which is almost as much a confirmation of the Mother series being represented as this is ( yes, yes, I know, almost ).

The question is, which Earthbound hero?

EDIT: Also, I think there might be a slight mistake.
It probably only reflects energy projectiles.
But it's not like I have anything besides logic to back that up. Sakurai might as well be making use of artistic license.

Hong

The Strongest
Man will that be cheap beyond all belief... hope its a rarer item than most, or it doesn't last long at all, cause the way he said it made it sound like it lasts for quite some time. If it did, that would just kinda suck for a lot of characters...
I think Sakurai would be smart enough to limit it's effectiveness. For one thing, it could only refer to energy projectiles thus discluding Link's bombs. For another, I'd imagine it to last as long as the Cloaking Device. When you look back at the Cloaking Device, without seeing it before hand not taking damage during its usage might have seemed broken but after using it first hand, it's not that good.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I can see this item becoming very popular. Imagine a Melee where only projectiles are allowed and this is the only activated item.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, this item will be PRETTY useful (which is an awesome upgrade from the ****-useless Mr Saturn) but I dont think it'll be unbelievably cheap. All characters have tons of moves that aren't protectiles, so its not all that bad.

Tanea

Smash Ace
im just going to cry becuase they keep putting peach of why why do you make me get my hopes up then let me down ......it's my fault but hopefully she is offically confirmed

OH YA THE badge looks like it can back fire if you set your items on high but im sure that it will be one of those itmes that people complain about

still it seems like it will be cool and that also means that there will most likely be an earthbound character

Phred

Smash Journeyman
I bet the Badge probably comes off if you get hit enough, kind of like the Bunny Hood.
There's lots of non projectile ways to fight, so it's not too broken ^_~

Top Bottom