• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHDL Data vs. Every Character

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
This thread is not intended to instruct on SHDL methods. Rather, it is a reference for which characters you can use SHDL against and how easily the lasers will connect against those characters. There is a 3-frame window during which both lasers will fire. So if a character's SHDL number is 3, this means lasers will hit for any correct firing of the SHDL. If it is a 2, it will hit on the first and second available frames, but not the third. And if there is a 1, it will hit on only the first available frame. So the lower the number, the faster you must fire the lasers to connect.

Standing / walking / dashing--if I give a range then it depends on the part of the animation the laser hits. I tried to be as accurate as I could but it's possible I made mistakes, so if you think something is wrong let me know and I will double check.

Group A
Marth: 3 / 1 / 0
Ganon: 3 / 3 / 3

Group B
Bowser: 2 - 3 / 3 / 1

Group C
Captain Falcon: 1 / 1 / 1
Donkey Kong: 1 / 0 - 1 / 0 - 1
Link: 1 / 1 / 1
Mewtwo: 1 / 1 / 0
Peach: 1 / 1 / 0
Samus: 1 / 1 / 3
Zelda: 1 / 1 / 1
Sheik: 1 / 1 / 0
Falco: 1 / 0 / 0
Roy: 1 / 1 / 0

Group D-- First Laser Does Not Hit
Fox
Mr. G&W
Kirby
Luigi
Mario
Ness
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Jigglypuff
Yoshi*
Young Link
Dr. Mario
Pichu

The first laser does not hit any character while crouching.
*Yoshi is weird and perfect SHDL may hit if he is walking very slowly, but not for regular walk speed, run, or stand.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Wow, I was looking for a thread like this. Pretty cool. Does this chart refer to as hitting with BOTH lasers? Because the last sentence states that SHDL doesn't hit any crouching targets, and since the second laser of SHDL fires at ground level, it should be able to hit, and so your statement has led me to assume that this guide talks about hitting with both lasers.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Wow, I was looking for a thread like this. Pretty cool. Does this chart refer to as hitting with BOTH lasers? Because the last sentence states that SHDL doesn't hit any crouching targets, and since the second laser of SHDL fires at ground level, it should be able to hit, and so your statement has led me to assume that this guide talks about hitting with both lasers.
Yeah I mean both lasers hitting. The second laser will hit but it's better to just SHL.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
This is good information. I was wondering what characters you could hit both lasers with but I don't have AR and I can't SHDL consistently enough to test it out (also too lazy). This will save me from a lot of time. Thx.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I love it when people post guides like this. When they go out, and find some info, and then share it. Awesome stuff man.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I thought it was possible on luigi *goes and tries* no it isn't. Good job

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Great stuff..thanks man XD. I will use this infooo in my eventual laser video lmao.

Top Bottom