• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:Route 118:.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
Hello again :D
As you may be aware I created the other stage topic the Yoshi storybook.
I've got another idea that I was not sure weather to show.
But people from another forum I go to loved the idea, I thought i'd share it here eh?

Route 118 is located in Honen (sp?) in Pokemon Ruby, Saphire and Emerald.
It is a Sea route with all sorts of Pokemon including the fabled Lati@s's.

Of course some of the Pokemon shown, don't actually appear in the region but it adds to the creativity.

The stage mostly takes place on the gigantic Pokemon Wailord of the 3rd Gen.
Wailord swims through the Route with a Sea filled background.
Random Bird Pokemon also make appearences in the stage and land on the Wailord even! But they don't do anything in paticular.

Periodically Sea Pokemon will appear in the fray and attack the players, such as the 2 previously Pokeball Pokemon Staryu and Marill...

..But if you get in the way of a Gyrados's Dragon Rage you'll be sorry.

Whats this!? The Wailord is sinking into the Water! What do you do?

Aha! A School of Lapras appear! Ride on them until the Wailord re-surfaces!

Well how did you like that? Any comments or Critisim?
Also the players I drew were Kirby, Yoshi, DK and Ike ;)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
so it's pokefloats, but with less big pokemon, and pokemon that attack.

it's ok with me. but maybe when wailord sinks, he sends you underwater just like in ruby and saphire. because of how water works, it could add some depth to aerial combat

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I like it. The background itself would make it a beautiful stage. Thumbs up.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
Because we don't know if 4th gen Pokemon will even be in SSBB yet.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
I like that idea quite a bit. I think it would be cool if the wailord swims through a group gyrados fighting a dragonite so the hyper beams go shooting everywhere... or is that asking too much :p

But yeah, like the concept, i would love to see a stage like that.

CORRUPTiON

Smash Apprentice
Nice pictures. There could be some extra effect concerning wailord's spout. Maybe if you're standing on it at the right time, it shoots you up into the air. How far you are sent depends on the character's weight and how much damage the character has.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I think this stage would be better if there were continuous attacks from pokemon at random parts of the stage that were very numerous, but also somewhat easy to dodge. I think pokemon activity should be made mandatory in all pokemon themed stages. Don't you guys?

LinkTer

Smash Cadet
I dont think that marill and staryu should attack you during the fight becuase thats what pokeballs are for right? but otherwise great idea.

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I had a veeeery similar idea a while ago, but didn't think anyone would like it..

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
so it's pokefloats, but with less big pokemon, and pokemon that attack.

it's ok with me. but maybe when wailord sinks, he sends you underwater just like in ruby and saphire. because of how water works, it could add some depth to aerial combat
You mean like that HM? Dive or whatever it was? That sounds kinda cool actually! It could turn into a sort of mix between Pokefloats and Rainbow Ride so to speak, since it moves left to right as well as up and down in certain places.

I like the idea of going under water for more Aerial combat, maybe the water could "alter the gravity" in a way giving the illusion of "floating" as you jump higher and fall slower while under water? I just thought the underwater thing suggested sounded interesting :chuckle:

Overall I like the idea, very nice! ^_^

Top Bottom