• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-Yoshi Storybook-

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
For months on end since Brawl was first shown many people have wanted a variety of stages like Bowsers castle or King K. Rools ship however I have an idea not sounds creative.

Below i've made a 9 panel strip of the stage idea I have called Yoshi Storybook.

The Idea struck me one time this year when I was playing Yoshi Story on the N64.
The game takes place in a book with 6 levels and 4 sub-levels 1 to choose for each.

Sure it's another Yoshi Story stage but this one is more chaotic, let me explain.

Panel 1- The stage starts off with the Super-Happy tree the leaves are platform able and there is a curve on the left side of the stage as it starts as page 1. and the Numbers are where the players start.

Panel 2-The Book can flip through pages. The flips won't hurt the player but the obstacles on the pages will.

Panel 3-This is the first level in YS with the tall tower there are 2 slanted platforms on the tower and Toadies will occasionaly fly through.

Panel 4-This is the Lava level of YS it take place on the Skeleton Dinosaur stage in the game.
The Dinosaur will shoot fireballs and destroy the breakble rock platforms. Nipper plants will also fall from the sky and going in a single direction. You can also destroy the Dinosaur with powerful moves.

Panel 5-This is the cloud level which takes place on Sub-level 3 the snowy field. 2 Platforms that will tilt like in the game appear there is also a Anti-guy who will occasionaly drop bombs onto the field, as well as Shy-guys who throw Snow balls.

Panel 6- Level 4 takes place in the jungle setting. A Large Pirhana plant on the side of the stage will bite players and Gummy bugs will fall to the ground from the non-exsistent ceiling.

Panel 7-The water stage takes place in a fish bowl...yeah 2 jellyfish will swim around in it attacking anybody it's possible to get to the top of the bowl onto the Toy Ship.

Panel 8- THe last stage takes place on the overworld of the original game. 4 towers with different designs can attack opponents. The first tower is a Saw blade the second tower is a sharp knife the 3rd tower is a Boo and the 4th are fireballs.

Panel 9- The book closes and the rest of the match ends on there.

Well thats it I hope you like the idea and how to improve it also.

Toilet Paper

Smash Journeyman
Dude, that is the best idea on this forum. I love your originality. I was just playing Yoshi Story the other day! I would like to see it come to life in Brawl. Bravo sir. Bravo.

helterskelter

Smash Cadet
So do the pages just add background and hurt the players and stuff or do they add platforms and change up the field itself?

LinkTer

Smash Cadet
its kind of like pokemon stadium from ssbm where the field and platforms change except with more fields to change into. great idea!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Interesting, even though Yoshi's Story is a very unpopular game that most have forgotten about, perhaps it's best contribution could be for a stage in Brawl!:laugh:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Love love love love love this idea.

Especially that part where the book closes at the end. I wouldn't have thought of that. Nicely done.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
Guess I outa explain better :p

When the pages flip they don't hurt the player at all, they'll just go through them like Platforms.

Anything I mentioned in the Panel decription are obstacles of some sort or a Hazard.

and yeah the ending Music is actually a fit for this idea :p

CORRUPTiON

Smash Apprentice
Love your picture explanation :p. Without it, I wouldn't have any idea how this stage would come together since I've never played Yoshi Story. It's a very unique idea. I like it.:)

Vice Lord

Smash Apprentice
Scarborough, Ontario (Scarberian barbarians)
Zinc, i think this stage is an awesome idea, (as several others have already stated). It's cool how at the end the book closes, to leave an empty stage, but to make more sense then, you should start the first part of the stage as a closed book as well, instead of starting on page one.

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
This is a great idea for a stage Zinc. And what with Sakurai's seeming emphasis on 'changing' stages, I think there's a chance we may see something similar to this idea if a new Yoshi's Story stage is implemented. After all, the Yoshi music we currently have doesn't really fit the Yoshi's Island level. All in all, a great job!

The Great Morphologous

Smash Rookie
I'm not a fan of fighting with a bunch of *****es waving in the background on stage 8... Call me what you want, but that'd be way too distracting...

Anyway, how would the pages turn?

The Qu

Smash Apprentice
Great idea! I'd love to see a stage like that. It looks better than the Yoshi's Island stage. No offense meant to the devolpers, of course.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
i'm surprised this topic isn't that populor :p
but yeah bump.

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
e a oiii
e a oiii
e a oiii
e a oiii
best idea of stage so far(part of the song in yoshi's story)

what would happen if the book was closing though, would you have to jump so you wouldnt get swished or would it be just grafics???

Darkwolfg

Smash Apprentice
wow i got to give you props for making this idea. this is by far the best idea i have seen in a long time. finally yoshi has a special stage that is different and awsome. if they put in your stage and get rid of the other one id be so happy

Top Bottom