• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metroid stage idea

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i have a good idea for a metroid stage that would constantly change so it would fit in with the whole stages will undergo many changes thing

you start off on samus's space ship in outer space and you are entering a small galaxy. the ship would be the only platform but i would be rather large. during this time some asteroids star pelting the ship, sort of like how the ships fire at you in the ssbm star fox level, except the meteors fall randomly, not aimed at you, and they come in small sizes, about the size of pichu. then you swoop down on a planet close to the sun, and the set up of platforms is like battle field except there is lava under the big platform. sometimes fireballs come up like in bowsers castle in mario games, but they do little damage. after a few minutes, the starship swoops back in and you have to get on it as it flies off the planet. then there is a small stretch of outer space where nothing interesting happens until you swoop down on another planet, this time like a jungle, with just the ground there and there is no where to fall off. no effects here. after another few minutes the starship comes back and you go through space again, except this time the stretch is a little longer and space pirate ships attack you, just like the star fox level in ssbm. then you go to an icy planet, where you land at the edge of a water fall of ice that is breaking. there is one medium sized platform directly over the waterfall, and big sheets of ice are slowly flowing over the falls, which you can walk on until they go over. then the familiar ship comes back and you get on, but this time the ship goes through an asteroid belt. sometimes you can walk on bigger asteroids next to or above the ship, but eventually you see a bright light and a warning sign comes and says [BOARD SHIP] and flashes a few times across the screen. then the asteroids get sucked away as the ship goes through a wormhole and it starts over again. a few other things that could happen are metroids attacking you, and maybe you land on Aeither or tallon IV, but i hope those are separate stages. this mainly derives from the different regions of prime 1 (lava, ice, jungle)

i thought of that a while ago, before the lylat cruise update, and many people seemed to think that since they are similar, mine is impossible. i on the other hand, think this could easily be different, as you land on planets.

what does anyone think?

tehskiver

Smash Rookie
That sounds like a pretty cool stage to me. Maybe they could use a new arrangement of the Brinstar track, or perhaps the Ridley Fight music from Smash Bros DOJO.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
That sounds like a pretty cool stage to me. Maybe they could use a new arrangement of the Brinstar track, or perhaps the Ridley Fight music from Smash Bros DOJO.
i think don't think the ridley music would fit here... i think they would need a completely new soundtrack.

and i notice this is your first post, so welcome to smahsboards.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
It is to simmilar. Even if you land on planets, people will accuse it of beign the same as say Delfino Island.

As for the Ridley music, the two best stage choices for this would probably be either a Norfair level (Any Norfair will due. It's practically Ridley's home), or a Chozo Ruins (Metroid Prime Ridley boss fight) level.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
No thanks. There are far too many good Metroid locales that would make for amazing levels, so why should there be a stage that is near identical to Lylat Cruise?

Top Bottom