• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumble Falls

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman

I know what you're thinking: "GOD NO." Yes, I realise alot of people did not like the Glacier Mountain level in Super Smash Brothers Melee, I didn't either. You had to focus on climbing up it more than you did fighting. Though, if I read correctly, you climb up Rumble Falls slowly, so there are more chances to fight than in Melee's Glacier Mountain.

What else is improved from Glacier Mountain? Well, the environment is much easier on the eyes, and there's much more to do too, such as climbing latters, which is a Smash Brothers first.

People who didn't like Glacier Mountain's randomness can also rest easy on the fact that Rumble Falls is scripted, and has an end. You can see a plane coming towards the Brawlers in the distance, that plane either takes you up high in the sky, which would be pretty cool, or takes you all the way back down to Rumble Falls. I assume it's the prior, since Sakurai said the top of the falls isn't actually the top of the level.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Yes, the enviornment is MUCH easier on the eyes. It's not all white and bright.

I was thinking the plane would take the Brawlers back to the bottom...

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't really like it, I never liked the Ice Climber's stage (which is disappointing because I wanted a good ice/snow stage. :()

I don't really think this will be any different, but we'll see I guess.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I'm a little upset about this stage though, I was really hoping that the scrolling stages weren't returning and for Donkey Kong to be the one with that type of stage, really disappoints me, I hope Diddy gets included in the game and gets a Dk stage worthy of being in Brawl.

Mistle

Smash Apprentice
You're right when you say it's easier on the eyes, Glacior mountain was awful >_<
This is one of the more interesting levels in the game. Looks great so far.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm a little upset about this stage though, I was really hoping that the scrolling stages weren't returning and for Donkey Kong to be the one with that type of stage, really disappoints me, I hope Diddy gets included in the game and gets a Dk stage worthy of being in Brawl.
Exactly my thoughts... I'd love to see Gangplank Galleon instead, or even a Barrel Blasting or King of Swing stage but it seems very unlikely now. Same for Diddy's changes in Brawl... >_<

@ce

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking the plane comes when your at the top and takes you to some other area to brawl it out. i really really realllyyyyyy hope it doesnt take you to the bottom. really i do

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
If anyone has seen the newest screens for the Franklin Badge, I think that Rumble Falls might be a little different than what we expected. Look:

Perhaps once you get to the top, you stop climbing and just fight? I hope so.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
If anyone has seen the newest screens for the Franklin Badge, I think that Rumble Falls might be a little different than what we expected. Look:

Perhaps once you get to the top, you stop climbing and just fight? I hope so.
We got some new screenshots of Rumble Falls today.

In the Mario update you can see this wheel / cog thing. You can just make it out in the top left corner of the picture with DK and Samus. Maybe this cog rotates and moves the platforms round? I don't know but I think it does mean that when you get to the top of the waterfall you can battle for a while, if this cog is at the top platform area. However remember what Sakurai said...

Sakurai said:
The top of the waterfall isn’t the top! Keep climbing!
So I think you just battle near this cog thing for a while before something happens and you move somewhere.

Fabiano

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad it isn't like Glacier Falls.
That one just was just, jump, jump, jump!
And it sucked for me, being Pikachu all the time.
**** Thunder attack.

vinternet

Smash Cadet
A lot of people think that the stage will continue on those beanstalks up into the sky. It would be fitting within the context of Jungle Beat.

crispy 15

Smash Apprentice
if they don't put in the fast upword thing they did on iccicle mt it will be fun it looks really good

Brockman5

Smash Ace
in the franklin badge update it looks as if theyre standing on a bridge over where the waterfall starts at..so maybe that water wheel is the top and the plane doesnt do anything..or you can take the beanstalk up because there looks like a platform on top of it...

vinternet

Smash Cadet
It would have been cool if, at the top of Rumble Falls there was a recreation of melee's Kongo Jungle stage (the waterfall stage). But it doesn't look like that's happening :(

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
There is already a confirmed stage discussion.

Hm.. I had no idea the confirmed stage discussion linked to other threads.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Anyone think that Bramble Blast is going to play here?

Heres the link to the MP3:
http://208.53.158.138/soundtracks/d...ktaslqjl/nintendo-17-stickerbush-symphony.mp3

It was confirmed in the Stage Builder update. Seems like a perfect fit to me, its a slow song.. having it play as the stage slowly scrolls up like it says.

It dosent have to be for a DKC stage, look at the song choices for Delfino. Bowser castle for example.

Either way, glad that Bramble Blast is in. I love that song from DKC 2. It seems perfect for Rumble Falls as a choice.

Top Bottom