• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lylat Cruise!

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
This is Fox's Brawl stage, Lylat Cruise!

To be perfectly honest, I'm a little dissapointed. I mean, it looks pretty, very pretty. And it'll be tournament legal if there aren't hazards, but it's basically Battlefield with a cool background. I'm hoping there will be another Sector Z or Corneria type level, because those were my favorite levels in SSB and SSBM. They were not too big, not too little, and were designed very well too. Now, onto Lylat Cruise.

You seem to go through lots of areas in the Lylat System in this level, in this screen the Pleiades (The name of the ship you are on) is going through an astroid belt, and you can see a member of the Star Fox team is going through it as well. I wonder if the arwings and astroids effect the level? I sure hope so, it'll make things interesting and make this boring Battlefield type level more fun, especially for casual players like me.

You will enter the atmosphere after some time in the Lylat Cruise, looks very pretty. I wonder if you'll cut through Star Fox locals like Corneria? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

People who have played Star Fox Assault will find this area farmiliar, it's part of the first level with the assault of Androsses' battle ships. It looks like lazers are cutting through the ships, I wonder if they can effect you or the Pleiades in any way? Also, here's a link to the stage's music. Very epic, I like it.

CORRUPTiON

Smash Apprentice
Dizzamn I never noticed how cool the backgrounds were :colorful:. It's also interesting how the stage isn't really facing straight at the screen. I guess it changes according to the Pleiades' movements.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
It looks like an epic stage if you want to have a final showdown, especially with its music. It seems I may have some fun with this stage.

Salaad

Smash Ace
From watching the 15 second trailer..There's a lot going on in this stage. Plus there are random flashes. I still love this stage though. xD

Maybe it's just the screen shots at different angles?

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
probably just different angles when they took the screen shots. smash doesnt work as well playing from an angle....
You're probably right, but that's not to say that Lylat won't move around. Corneria did in Melee. That would be pretty interesting if the ship slowly moved back and forth, or lifted a tiny bit higher when entering the atmosphere. Nothing too extreme, but I could definately see some Corneria-esqe movement.
The stage itself looks gorgeous. The backgrounds, the ship itself, the effects, all very cool. It also appears that the ship may get struck with hazards, which I hope it does. Scripted hazards perhaps. For example it might get struck by a laser when diving throught the battlefield but get hit with asteroids when going through a field. The locations of the hazards wouldn't be scripted, but it'd be cool to see some variety.
It'll probably get a lot of play from both casual gamers and the hardcore crowd alike. I like those kinds of levels that aren't catered to one side of the spectrum. This is probably my second favorite new level (the first being Skyworld).

crispy 15

Smash Apprentice
i kinda agree with the battle field part but look at the back ground compared to battle field a BIG diffence

Sanjuinuthus

Smash Apprentice
i kinda agree with the battle field part but look at the back ground compared to battle field a BIG diffence
That's the point...The background is the only difference between a lot of the stages and affects the gameplay in no whay, whatsoever (unless Battlefield's distracts you or Lylat Cruise's gives you a seizure....).

I wish this stage was a bit bigger though. Ugh.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
I may be wrong here, but it there seems to be low gravity in some parts of this stage.

if you watch the Nintendo world trailer, you'll see Zamus perform a very very high and slow jump on this stage. At the end where fox is 'revealed' Link does a shockingly high up B attack on Mario, Mario also ascends to a great height before coming down, slower than usual.

in the 15 second clip, Samus flies in a very odd direction at a slow pace, even for Samus. Fox also seems to fall slower that usual, all the times you see Fox fall are on Lylat Cruise.

I may be wrong, but I'm just pointing out what I see; I'm human after all, and therefore I make mistakes.

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
Im going around and adding new things, but there is not much to add here

It would be interesting if it did titl one way or another for a few seconds

And NO this is NOT battlefield, it has 3 almost equal platforms giving the person on the bottom a better advantange for arials. Also, the people on the top platforms can easily attack eachother

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
_____Love the changing background! Battlefield-esque stages do get a little boring, but we need them, although I do think you are right; we need a battlefield like stage that has hazards. I personally always loved hazards, and I am a tierist player who plays to win and goes to tournaments, and hates items =\ (Lemme get this clear before the flame, I don't care how you play, don't care how I do) But I am a very opportunistic player who will wait for just the right moment for a well planned attack!

Good thread, great high quality photos, I swear stuff looks better on smashboards than on the actual site, but thats with the ugly date on the side =P

ANBUmax

Smash Cadet
can anyne that was at "E 4 all" confirm that this stage has lower gravity?

db777

Smash Cadet
i hope they put in more starfox stages besides this one but this stage is my favorite so far

Top Bottom