• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offical Past Stages Discussion

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Okay, so what stages are returning. Do the N64 stages still have a chance of returning?

And what Melee stages are returning? I would like to see Dreamland N64 return and Mute City from SSBM. And seeing that this is the third series? How many past stages will we get. So many questions, so little time.

Discuss.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Mute City is technically in Brawl in the form of Delfino Plaza and the Mario Kart stage.

I have a feeling Princess Peach's Castle and Corneria will return.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I'd like to see (at minimum): Hyrule Castle 64, Saffron City or similar, Dreamland64, Fountain of Dreams, Corneria, and Mute City. Others include Rainbow Cruise, Big Blue, Pokefloats, Onett, Kongo Jungle, and Great Bay (even though I didn't like it too much...just for the tribute to MM).

mukoe890

Smash Apprentice
NO DREAMLAND 64 SON! i will welcome mute city with open arms to. and i pray that corneria will return

Proteus

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule Castle is my biggest wish. I'm guessing that 5 past stages could make it as well. Seems like a good number.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I hope Final Destination is reincarnated in some way in Brawl. Dreamland 64's a classic, hope that makes it back in as well.

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
I hope Saffron City (from 64) returns. That stage was/is pretty awesome.

I'd also like to see Corneria (from Melee) back. Hopefully this time the Great Fox can be as big as it was in 64 again.

One more I'd like to see is Onnett (Melee).

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
The SSB Mushroom Kingdom was so much better than SSBM's, it had pipes and a cooler background.

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
there will more then likely be another corneria stage, since it went from the sector one to corneria. it may not have the corneria background, but there will probably be one.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I can see Coneria, they already confirmed Pokemon Stadium and BattleField. Maybe FoD or Peach's Castle SSBM.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
definetly want to see the following:

Final Destination
Brinstar
Hyrule Temple
Saffron City
Battlefield (from melee)

these stages I believe might have a chance to make it back as a new stages, if not a classic stage,

Pieman0920

Smash Master
From SSB

Peach's Castle
Saffron City
Hyrule Castle

Those are the three from that game that were sorely missing from the last game, and should have been in. They probably were not included though, due to DK, Yoshi, and Kirby only getting one character each. (As opposed to 5, 4, and 4 for Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon respectively.) It would be great to see these three stages show up again though. (Although, I kinda want an updated Saffron City. >.>)

SSBM

Big Blue
Peach Castle
Corneria

Big Blue is on my list there simply because of how awesome it is in general. Also, how could they pull that off with another stage? It's just to perfect. The other two stages are there because they are basically the best representation of those locations that can really be provided. Although I would like the Great Fox to be more like it was in Sector X, it's still works well enough in Melee.

psicicle

Smash Ace
I want final destinationin some form and dreamland 64, my 2 favorite stages in melee.

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
many of you may disagree with me, but i want to see an improved fountain of dreams.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I like most of the stages from Melee so it's really hard to pick what I want.

From N64:
Hyrule Castle
Saffron City
Dreamland 64 (I still love it!)

From Melee:
Anything BUT the Ice Climber's stage. I don't think the character should be removed, they need a new, better, stage.

psicicle

Smash Ace
the best would probably be just having every past stage in, that way everyone can be happy. But that probably won't happen.

And the IC stage in melee is (IMO) the worst stage ever.

BlueScope

Smash Apprentice
I only hope Hyrule Temple will make it, because if there'll be compareable big stages in Brawl, they'll most likely be stuffed with scripts and events and whatnot... Also, I think the different areas in Temple were kinda unique... I doubt you could easily recreate that in another stage. Ah, Temple is just my favourite stage ever... and I still don't understand how you guys could ban it :p (didn't kept me from playing it in the last years, though ^^ )
Other than that, we need a FD-like stage, of course... that Stadium stage that can be seen in the most recent video seems to be kinda similar, so if it is, no FD.

And for stages like Corneria that have been constantly updated throughout the series: I hope there'll be a new version of it rather than just the old stage put in...

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Ah, Temple is just my favourite stage ever... and I still don't understand how you guys could ban it :p (didn't kept me from playing it in the last years, though ^^ )
Its banned in tournys because a Fox can just run away from the opponent and they will never be able to catch up to them.

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
He showed me. its really stupid, anyway, i thought i t was banned due to its size. also, wouldn't running be considered stalling. i think dreamland 64 will comeback, but be graphically updated, cause i don't think it would look right with brawls graphics.

master_link12

Smash Cadet
If there is no great fox stage in brawl I would like to see corneria returning. My other two choices would be temple and fountain of dreams. From the 64 I would only like safron city and maybe hyrule castle.

metallic shadow

Smash Apprentice
ssb64:
kirbys dream land N4
yoshis island N4
links castle(or whatever its named) N4

ssb melee:
big blue
poke floats

susu_atari

Smash Ace
I don't know if the 64 stages will make a comeback, simply due to the large difference in graphical quality between the 64 and the Wii, but it's not impossible, although, I would like them to re-texture them, to help them fit in a bit better.
As for the stages returning from Melee, I think they will add the most original stages. I can definately see Flatzone making a comeback, as well as Brinstar Depths, as I feel these were the most innovative and original stages. I'd also hope for a return of Termina - Great Bay, which is simply my favourite.

Also, apologies to Jigglymaster for accidentally stealing his thread (I'm just a newb, after all)

Also, I'd nominate this thread for sticky, if Jigglymaster makes a nice big list of all the stages from the previous games, and outlines the main opinions on the reasons for the stage's comeback.

ps. not to go on too long, but I think we could do with a poll here.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
I don't think many stages will make it back per se, but I do see some of the themes reincorperated into brand new stages. For example, Icicle Mountain's moving theme on Jungle Beat, and of course the previously mentioned themes of Delfino Plaza and Mario Kart taken from that one F-zero stage(whose name escapes me right now for some reason)

That said, I would like both of DK's melee stages to return, as well as Great Bay. Hyrule was the only safe, fun place to play Giant Melee, so if that returns it should too!

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
I loved Saffron City.... such good times.
I'd love to see Saffron, Hyrule Castle, and the original Corneria return to Brawl. Melee's Corneria was a bit too small for my liking. I prefer the vastness of the original. Either way, Corneria will return in some shape or form. Likewise I'm guessing Dreamland 64 will be back.
As for Melee stages... I'd bring back Fourside (I always loved that stage), FoD, Jungle Japes (it may be a pain when you get caught by the river and smashed into by a croc, but I still like it), Peach's Castle, Great Bay (come on....TURTLE!) and Hyrule. Though Hyrule is near useless in competitve play (campers anyone?) it's still a blast to run into the basement with your friends in a 4 man melee and tech off the walls. That's what I like most about Hyrule. There is a ceiling and walls. I hope that this idea will be expanded in brawl. Because while open air stages are fun, nothing is more fun that being blasted away at 350% and teching off the ceiling.
On a side note, I wonder what the sizes of most of these Brawl stages will be. SSB64 had HUGE stages, and it was a much slower paced game in general. Melee has significantly smaller stages and was much faster paced. I'm thinking that Brawl will strike a happy medium between the tiny stages of melee(Yoshi's Island/Flatzone) and the huge ones of SSB64 (Corneria, Brinstar).

Revven

FrankerZ
Hmm...let's see.

Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, Hyrule Temple, Mushroom Kingdom 64 (blows the Melee one out of the water with the pipes!), Hyrule Castle 64, Brinstar Depths, Fourside, Mute City, and ... Big Blue. Every other stage is already going to reappear as a new one. Which, keeps me satisfied. Oh and maybe Saffron City if they can make it better.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Saffron City was cool, but I hope they recreate another version of it in Brawl.

If I had the chance to choose which Melee stages make a comeback, they would be Corneria, Hyrule Temple, and Mute City. Those stages were absolute classics in my view.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
from SSB I hope they bring back:
Dreamland
Saffron City
Hyrule Castle
Sector Z

from SSBM I hope they bring back.....actually...none of them...but I hope they re-do the themes of the stages like they did with Jungle Falls and Delfino Plaza...I hope that Hyrule Temple turns into the Great Palace from the same game(Zelda II)...for example....

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Stages from SSB64:
Saffron City
Hyrule Castle
Name escapes me but I think it was Peach's Castle (Yes, the 64 version :p)

I don't know why but I just loved Peach's Castle for some reason, and actually found the Melee version sort of a let down (although I know the 64 version didn't make much sense, but it was hilarious, heh XD)

Stages from SSBM:
Hyrule Temple (no other stage like it)
Big Blue (again, incredibly unique)
Brinstar Depths (the one with Kraid, not sure if I got the name right, my mind just went blank - just thought the spinning of it was also unique)

I know some of these may not be very practical but they were awesome in their own odd ways :chuckle: Corneria and Brinstar will most likely be back in some form, although I don't know whether they'll be remade (again) or used as past stages. Either way they'll be back.

Top Bottom