• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Castle level please

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
Super Smash Brothers Melee featured Bowser as a playable character, but no Bowser's Castle stage for him to play on! Since Brawl also features Bowser, I think Bowser needs his own level this time. A Bowser's Castle level would be pretty awesome too. Just imagine Peach's Castle, only with a MUCH darker feel to it (Maybe instead of moats there can be lakes of fire, it could resemble Bowser's Castle from Paper Mario too) and without the the big tower in the middle of the castle. Discuss Bowser's Castle here.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
If there IS lava, I can see people getting burnt and sent flying like the acid from Melee's Brinstar.

Yeah, I think there should be a Bowser castle stage. It'd be awesome!

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Smile Guy

Smash Apprentice
For a Bowser's castle stage, I'd prefer one reminiscent of the original Super Mario Bros. with thwomps and flame throwers and buttons that destroy all the platforms. Of course, a Bowser's Castle stage theme is much needed and is up there with Tetra's Pirate Ship as my err, award for two most-wanted-by-Smile-Guy stages award!

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
It could be like the Double Dash one, and you're on a moving platform, a la Delfino/Mute City style.
It follows the route, and at the part with the fireball room, you all have to jump to dodge being burnt

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I think after they confirmed Bowser, they confirmed a stage for him.

I mean, who doesn't think he'll have a stage? He's been here since Melee. That deserves a stage, even Ness got two!

IllidR

Smash Champion
I think after they confirmed Bowser, they confirmed a stage for him.

I mean, who doesn't think he'll have a stage? He's been here since Melee. That deserves a stage, even Ness got two!
I don't think they'll give him a stage. They give the stages to different games not individual characters. So the mario series will get a stage, and earthbound will get theirs. Bowser will just have to share for now.

TheSpindoctor

Smash Journeyman
If there IS lava, I can see people getting burnt and sent flying like the acid from Melee's Brinstar.

Yeah, I think there should be a Bowser castle stage. It'd be awesome!

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
I dunno about the lava thing, that would make it way to similar to brinstar in my oppinion.

But I do think it would be great for a bowser castle stage, that would be really cool.

TheSpindoctor

Smash Journeyman
I don't think they'll give him a stage. They give the stages to different games not individual characters. So the mario series will get a stage, and earthbound will get theirs. Bowser will just have to share for now.
thats a good point....

But when you think about it, Ness had his own stage in melee.
Although that is because he is the only character earthbound character in melee...

So did G&W and Samus.

mario-man

Smash Lord
@ TheSpindoctor

So......they should get rid of Brinstar anyways. So....what's the point

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
definetly should be one of Bowser's stages in brawl, after all it was in The New Super Mario Bros. which i wouldn't doubt ifit made an appearance again being that it a recent game

iMichael

Smash Lord
It could be like the Double Dash one, and you're on a moving platform, a la Delfino/Mute City style.
It follows the route, and at the part with the fireball room, you all have to jump to dodge being burnt
That would be so awesome as it takes you around the castle showing you inside and around it man thats a great idea(no sarcasm) Bowser needs a stage this time c'mon Sakurai dont do us like this

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Super Smash Brothers Melee featured Bowser as a playable character, but no Bowser's Castle stage for him to play on! Since Brawl also features Bowser, I think Bowser needs his own level this time. A Bowser's Castle level would be pretty awesome too. Just imagine Peach's Castle, only with a MUCH darker feel to it (Maybe instead of moats there can be lakes of fire, it could resemble Bowser's Castle from Paper Mario too) and without the the big tower in the middle of the castle. Discuss Bowser's Castle here.
YES! Paper Mario Bowser's Castle FTW. It'd be awesome.

Whether or not it's Paper Mario style or not we need a Bowser's castle stage!

vesperview

Smash Hero
Well he hasn't really had a castle since Super Mario World, If you think about it, in Mario 64 he was just in a platform and you only had to get through a very dark platform level to get to him, now in Sunshine he's just in a hot tub throwing missiles at you, plus is like a lot easier to put a bowser stage on Mario kart because they are only limited to characters from Mario, therefore I doubt they'll give him a stage.

bored

Smash Ace
I could draw so many conclusions to how a Bowser Castle stage would look like..

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
Well he hasn't really had a castle since Super Mario World, If you think about it, in Mario 64 he was just in a platform and you only had to get through a very dark platform level to get to him, now in Sunshine he's just in a hot tub throwing missiles at you, plus is like a lot easier to put a bowser stage on Mario kart because they are only limited to characters from Mario, therefore I doubt they'll give him a stage.
He had a castle in all the Paper Mario games including Super Paper Mario and in New Super Mario Bros.

Sugoi

Smash Apprentice
Bowser stage would be great to have so I'm hoping to see one, the one from Mario Cart DS would be cool, all the lava and such.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
I second the notion of a Brinstar-feel lava lake. I had an idea for a Bowser stage a while back, in some detail. Basically, you have your lava bed, and three base platforms, slightly separated, going up and down, in and out of the lava, slowly. You then have three platforms above those in the usual triangle shape, but with the lower ones out to the side a bit more, so they overlap the edges of the main stage. The whole thing should be about as long as Final Destination all together.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
The lava is a must, but I'm not a big fan of it rising. Perhaps it just surrounds the field, like Termina Bay did? I think that could work well enough, as if you hit the lava, you'll get the same effect as Brinstar lava. :O

Anyways, there are loads of different traps that could be implemented. I wonder if Sakurai could implant a system, where different traps are cycled as the match goes on. (Like say one of those fire wheels comes down at one point, is retracted, and then replaced by a Throwmp that attacks a certain area)

Paden260

Smash Cadet
I agree, Bowser needs a stage. I'm clueless to why they gave Peach a level instead of Bowser. Since, torturing-Castle of Death is always fun. XD

Sugoi

Smash Apprentice
Splat I like that pic, I think if they could make something similar to that for Brawl it be a great stage, they should replace Peaches stage for Bowsers or another lame stage.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bowser of all characters deserves his own stage...

A Mario Bros 3 Castle for him would be perfect...

Lava, thwomps, the whole thing...

Papa Mario is an ok game...but considering it was suppose to be a sequel to Mario RPG...it never lived up to the original.

The new Paper Mario looks great though.

Sir James

The Doctor
There are so many versions of Bowser's Castle....there is no excuse to leave it out of Brawl! They can add the castle from games like Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario 64, Paper Mario, etc. In fact, why not add more than one version of the castle?

xenogears23

Smash Apprentice
bowser totally needs a stage...if for nothing else but variety

honestly where f*ck is the lava in smash?

lava has only been a basic nintendo obstacle since forever lol

a bowser castle could have a night sky and fireballs shotting up and a ton of other great things to spice up smash

i say YES

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
bowser totally needs a stage...if for nothing else but variety

honestly where f*ck is the lava in smash?

lava has only been a basic nintendo obstacle since forever lol

a bowser castle could have a night sky and fireballs shotting up and a ton of other great things to spice up smash

i say YES
i completely agree... the closest thing they've had to lava is the acid in samus' level. there's always a bowser track in mario kart, why not a stage in brawl? I think they could even make a stage similar to final destination but based off of one of the bowser boss fights in super mario 64.

IllidR

Smash Champion
i completely agree... the closest thing they've had to lava is the acid in samus' level. there's always a bowser track in mario kart, why not a stage in brawl? I think they could even make a stage similar to final destination but based off of one of the bowser boss fights in super mario 64.
With the bombs on the side that cause MASSIVE DAMAGE when touched.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
It would be a good idea, after-all post-Super Mario World, we certainitly need it. There is a legacy going along with the stage.

Top Bottom