• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offical Yoshis Island

spKz

Smash Ace
Quotes from Smashbros.com
"The pastel stage of Yoshi’s Island...
Mmm... It feels nice and peaceful here."

"Shy Guys often make guest appearances, and the Support Ghost can appear suddenly, aiding players on occasion."

"The highlight of this stage is its seasonal changes, as it goes from spring to summer to autumn and then winter."

"It certainly has its own distinct air.
Change is sometimes good."

Link To Stage on SmashBros.com - Click Me Yoshii!?
Pictures
Pic One
Pic Two
Pic Three
Pic Four

Discuss ~

Salaad

Smash Ace
I thought it was Yoshi's Story? Anyway, This stage is great and I love the way the seasons change. I would want this to be Tournament legal since the support ghosts are much like the clouds in Melee's Yoshi's Story.

pokemega32

Smash Apprentice
The oddest thing about this stage is out of three stages named "Yoshi's Island", this is the first based on Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island...

The one in SSB was based on Yoshi's Story and the one in SSBM was based on Super Mario World...

CORRUPTiON

Smash Apprentice
I thought it was Yoshi's Story? Anyway, This stage is great and I love the way the seasons change. I would want this to be Tournament legal since the support ghosts are much like the clouds in Melee's Yoshi's Story.
I agree, but it also mentions that the stage tilts to and fro. Would that have any effect for potential glitches or abuse?

Anyway, this stage is one of my favorites so far, next to Smashville.

spKz

Smash Ace
If peach has her peach bomber, you do the peach bomber laucher that you can only really do on corneria?

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
topic hax

Yoshi's home residence, Yoshi's Island! It's also based on the art style and feel of Yoshi's SNES game, Yoshi's Island, hence the name. The graphics of this level were ment to replicate Yoshi's Island's but in 3D, I think they came out spectacular. For the blind, they're supposed to resemble crayon drawings, which look great with Brawl's cell-shaded 3D effects and stuff. Why can't they make a 3D Yoshi game using these graphics? They look marvolous.

Support ghosts are near the edges of the stage to help you if you fall off. You can also see Shy Guys in the background there, I'm unsure if they play the same role as they did in SSB and SSBM in which you can hit and kill them, it doesn't look like it though as it appears they're apart of the background, but who knows.

This level's main gimmick feature is seasonal changes. I don't believe they change any of the level physically, but they diversitise things a bit, so the level isn't always boring. Also, you can see the moon in the background of this stage during the winter portion, fans of Yoshi's Island might question whether or not Rapheal Ravan will make an appearence there?

spKz

Smash Ace
im surprised no one has said this, but have you noticed that the stage is as big as FD or PS from melee

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
I find it odd Sakurai didn't mentioned the Chain chomps which look to be a Hazard on the edges of the screen. Suppose theres more then meets the eye?

CORRUPTiON

Smash Apprentice
I find it odd Sakurai didn't mentioned the Chain chomps which look to be a Hazard on the edges of the screen. Suppose theres more then meets the eye?
Ehh it doesn't look 3D enough to be interactive IMO. But who knows, right?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
It could very well just be a background since it doesn't look to appealing to be a stage hazard from what we can see. But, don't go judge my opinions, it can easily be a stage hazard and blow my theory away. This stage looks great and besides BF, and SV(that I can recall), this will be the other tourny stage. I think this will be my favorite for the graceful view and pure awesomeness.

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
We don't know that yet. there still could be a Yoshi's Story stage. Yoshi had two stages in Melee ( 3 if you count the past stage ).

I'm sure there'll be a Yoshi's Story themed stage.

-KR
Yeah your right there

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if you can use tether recovery on the support ghost... I mean, it is a ghost, so shouldn't it be intangible?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
To bring back this discussion, yes, I think you will be able to use the Tether recovery on Ghost. Reason being is Ghost has the little green platform on him and this time around, Tether recovery is automatic to the edge so I see it happening.
I really see this as a tourny stage..anyone else? Possibly a counter pick cause of the tilting main platform but possibly not since most stages are.."different" this time around in Brawl.

crispy 15

Smash Apprentice
this level looks sweet diffent seasons and i like the way they made the old-school graffics look not all the way old-school but not all the way new

skyblue

Smash Apprentice
I like the seasonal changes this one makes. It feels sort of nostalgic in a way... And if this isn't tourney legal, then that would be too picky...

Panduh

Smash Journeyman
I agree, but it also mentions that the stage tilts to and fro. Would that have any effect for potential glitches or abuse?

Anyway, this stage is one of my favorites so far, next to Smashville.
the stage doesn't tilt back and fro, the platform does.

Top Bottom