• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skyworld Discussion

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I don't care if I don't have an exciting introduction or, actually, anything exciting at all for this topic. I have at least provided you people with screenshots, what Sakurai has said in the stage's update, and some of my thoughts.

Behold the Kid Icarus stage! You can go ahead and call it Pit's home turf if you like.

From a distance, you can see the temples and it's surroundings.

The floor's crumbling construction makes it easy to shatter...

It feels great to break it!

Not having a floor does increase the danger factor, though. Why? Because it's a long way down, that's why!

Look out below!

Mastering this element is one key to gaining the upper hand. The floor quickly regenerates, so it's important to keep your eyes on it.

Hmm... A stage with breakables floors. Quite a new addition to the Smash Bros series.

Looking at the second image, it looks like the bottom, main platform is breakable, too. Could this mean a lot of deaths? But, looking at the third image, DK is meteoring Wario through the clouds. What could this mean? Guess we'll have to wait!

Well, according to a trailer, you can stand on the clouds, so it doesn't seem like THAT big of a deal.

This stage looks pretty tournament worthy. Nothing too big and out of the ordinary.

But... That platform on the bottom right corner in the first screenshot... I don't see any puffy stuff under. Is it unbreakable due to having no clouds under it?? Something tells me it's going to be slowly moving back and forth under the big main one. colbusman has informed me that the platform will, infact, slowly move back and forth.

All the other screenshots of items, character moves, etc. wern't enlargened enough to see anything worthwhile. If I see something worthwhile, however, I'll put it here.

So, discuss Skyworld!

Here is a vid I found about Skyworld. It's not THAT good, but...

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure you can stand on the clouds, but you can be meteor-smashed through them.

Salaad

Smash Ace
That one little platform on the bottom seems a little bit out of place... what advantages could it serve besides recovery?
It could be used as a camping spot, other than that it's purpose is to help characters with bad recoveries I guess..

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Another thought about the platforms: if, from afar, you can take out the platform upon which someone stands, I suppose that the change of ground might mess with his or her head. I'm actually a bit more excited to see which music they chose for the stage than for the stage itself, but anything that involves Pit gives me good feelings inside. =)

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Something tells me there won't be grabable edges...

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

DrSuperSteve

Smash Cadet
The stage seems pretty battle friendly. It doesnt seem like it will change to much which means you can actually focus on your opponent. I like the idea of leaving the terrain shift up to the fighters. It creates the opportunity to make an advantage or disadvantage depending your character. Do you think standing on the clouds long enough will cause them to dissapear?

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
The stage seems pretty battle friendly. It doesnt seem like it will change to much which means you can actually focus on your opponent. I like the idea of leaving the terrain shift up to the fighters. It creates the opportunity to make an advantage or disadvantage depending your character. Do you think standing on the clouds long enough will cause them to dissapear?
Meh, probably not. Sakurai can make another Yoshi's Island stage for that.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

CORRUPTiON

Smash Apprentice
I'm assuming the platforms regenerate rather quickly since it would be odd if all the platforms were to be destroyed.

Sugoi

Smash Apprentice
I love this stage already because its straight up just pretty and easy on the eyes, hope it holds its fair share of secrets though.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
But... That platform on the bottom right corner in the first screenshot... I don't see any puffy stuff under. Is it unbreakable due to having no clouds under it?? Something tells me it's going to be slowly moving back and forth under the big main one.
i actually looked into this. if you look in the second trailer, somewhere between 1:50-1:55, in the lower left hand corner, you will see a glimpse of the lower platform. it was one of those random encounters i usually have. so yes, the bottom platform moves slowly back and forth on this stage

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
i actually looked into this. if you look in the second trailer, somewhere between 1:50-1:55, in the lower left hand corner, you will see a glimpse of the lower platform. it was one of those random encounters i usually have. so yes, the bottom platform moves slowly back and forth on this stage
Aha! It will move back and forth. I will edit this in my post.

So I decided to BUMP this thread... Nothing wrong with that...

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
I like this stage. It doesn't appear to be too hectic, so there will be pleanty of opportunities to focus on an opponent, but at the same time has some changes to it (brought about by the players) so it's changed up during the match. Plus the layout is a little different from anything previously shown, so it's structure in itself has a little change of pace as well.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
I don't think you'll actually fall through the clouds. If you look at the first screenshot you can see a small gap with no clouds under the main platform so I think dk is spiking wario through that gap

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
I like this stage, it looks like some sort of a heroic sanctuary

Top Bottom