• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bridge of Eldin

Mistle

Smash Apprentice
= BRIDGE OF ELDIN =

The stage "Bridge of Elden" was taken from the great Twilight Princess on GC/Wii. On this level, Moblins and King Bublins will occasionally come on and destruct a part of the stage. A simple gimmick, yet an interesting one. This stage looks massive, so when the stage breaks, I guess it doesn't matter to much. There will still be a ton of room to battle. If you see The Grim Lizards post, there is a very good example of how big this stage is. It's about 2 and a 1/2 Final Destinations. The sides are walk offs, so that may be disliked among tournaments. Putting that aside, this stage really looks awesome.

The flat stage. Simple, yet awesome. Also, it looks very long. Seems like this level is actually bigger than we think. I love the color tones that have chosen. It really represents TP well.

King Bublin Enters....

And breaks havoc :O

Although the stage destructs, the warp will bring a new platform after awhile, so don't worry. I'm guess that you'll be able to get trapped under the reappearing platform, so better keep an eye out for that. This stage looks simple, yet very fun to play on. All discussing on this stage goes here ;)

Tau

Smash Apprentice
This looks like one of my favorite stages so far. i thought that melee should have had more flat levels so that's why i'm so excited about this one. hopefully, there will be more flat stages to come.

anyways, i wonder how long the bridge will be out before the warp brings back the new portion of it..

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
I'm not a big fan of flat levels, but this is the exception because it's Zelda related, it looks epic and has an awesome backdrop.

Tau

Smash Apprentice
The Bridge looks a little bit long and do those sides prevent you from running off?
i dont think they'll prevent you from running off, in the game it's an opening so you probably wont want to get too close.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Don't forget about the little moblin who attacks you! :)

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
This is one of the few stages I'm particularly excited about. It doesn't look like another one of those floating platform tour stages. (Also interested in Castle Siege, Battlefield, Pokemon Stadium, Skyworld, and Yoshi's Island).

CORRUPTiON

Smash Apprentice
I hope we'll be able to fight him off like we were able to do with Birdo.

..Except, this time, a bit more challenging :lick:

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
I think this level could be alot of fun for Wario Chopper duals. Image, a 1v1 Wario only battle, where each player starts at both ends of the level and crashes straight into each other! That would be great for Super Sudden Death.

CORRUPTiON

Smash Apprentice
I think this level could be alot of fun for Wario Chopper duals. Image, a 1v1 Wario only battle, where each player starts at both ends of the level and crashes straight into each other! That would be great for Super Sudden Death.
LOL that sounds like funn. It could be like those cliche swordsman scenes, where they pass through each other, and pause, and one of them gets their head chopped off.

Except obese.

And of course, not that dramatic.

TheSpindoctor

Smash Journeyman
its basically just another Final Destination, but the backdrop looks really amazing.

I would play this over Final Destination any day, just because of that.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Size Speculation

I posted this in the original BoE thread that got locked...

Take the zoomed in picture of the characters fighting...

And superimpose it on the whole field shown so that it is the same approximate size.

We can see that the stage seems to be pretty big in comparison to the characters, but how big exactly?

Taking a Melee screenshot of FD and reducing it so that the characters shown are in relative proportions to the Brawl characters...

We can get a pretty good approximation of how big the stage is!

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this stage is huge. A little too big, considering there isn't really much to do. Though it's still pretty cool, I might only play it for really epic battles or Wario bike duals.

Mistle

Smash Apprentice
Wow, great discovery Grim Lizard, I would of never thought to do that.
Now that I know that this stage is huge, I want to play it ever more :O

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
At first the stage looks kind of dull, but I like it.

It's decent sized, more so then I first thought. The bridge in the game wasn't short, though. So it makes sense.

Tau

Smash Apprentice
Wow, this stage is huge. A little too big, considering there isn't really much to do. Though it's still pretty cool, I might only play it for really epic battles or Wario bike duals.
Well when you think about it, this place really does need to be big. i mean just look at how much of the bridge is being taken out, after it's gone there's going to be a large gap almost as big as FD. you have to have somewhere to run once part of the bridge is gone;)

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Bridge of Eldin looks like an epic stage, even if it's a walk-off stage. It looks like they put a lot of hard work into it. Oh and _the sandman_, fun is subjective and there's no set-in-stone way to have fun. People can have fun in different ways.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I think it'll be very fun in the respect that there will be some interaction with the stage, enough for an amusing time, but not too much that it's annoying.

The "2.5x FD" thing seems a little improbable, that's insanely big. Although I really wouldn't put it passed Sakurai to do that.

The bombs and breaking of stage will be interesting, adding the interactive element needed on a flat stage like this. Seems fairly balanced in that respect. Should be a classic stage right off the bat!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Loved Twilight Princess. It's great to see aspects of it being incorporated into Brawl.

Cant wait to play on this level.

super.smash.camel

Smash Apprentice
Australia (What Does It Matter To You, Stalker &gt
Excellent Stage
thats a rly big waste of a post if u ask me... [cough]post count spam[/cough]

anyways back on topic, i think this stage wood be really fun if utilized correctly and from wat other ppl hav show, ITS MASSIVE!!!!!!

i can imagine a wario dual... afta u win u cood do his down b, which of course makes the WHOLE STAGE EXPLODE!!! lol... good times:)

IllidR

Smash Champion
thats a rly big waste of a post if u ask me... [cough]post count spam[/cough]

anyways back on topic, i think this stage wood be really fun if utilized correctly and from wat other ppl hav show, ITS MASSIVE!!!!!!

i can imagine a wario dual... afta u win u cood do his down b, which of course makes the WHOLE STAGE EXPLODE!!! lol... good times:)
A Wario dual would be very good, or any dual for that matter. Two Sheiks running full speed at each other and do their dash attack. Both finish the move and one falls.. EPIC!

Smash Ace
I think the Wario Chopper idea is ingenious.
I'm trying that on Decembre 3rd.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
Best idea Ever.

I know that I will play this Stage a lot - a really huge platform with occasional holes. But, just imagine the Laser spamming from the otherside of the newly formed pit - *shudder*

murphy brian

Smash Rookie
the wario chopper idea is good, but dojo said that only one chopper can be on screen at a time.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
You know as much as I love the stage I still think the game shoud be customizable where you're able to turn off the stage hinderances. That way more stages could be legal for us, and you could always keep them on for counterpicks...

Kaento

Smash Apprentice
You know as much as I love the stage I still think the game shoud be customizable where you're able to turn off the stage hinderances. That way more stages could be legal for us, and you could always keep them on for counterpicks...
i dont think there would be any need for that, there are still alot more stages to come and they wont all be like this one. many of them will be normal without any extra things to avoid so i wouldn't worry too much about it;)

Top Bottom