• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halberd stage discussion

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
The Halberd stage (Dubbed as Battleship Halberd) has finally been shown at the Smash Bros. Dojo!!

In the beginning of the stage, you start in the hangar, apparantly overseas. It looks like there aren't any edges to fall from in this part, but if you go to far to the right or left you'll probably die like in the Mushroom Kingdom and Flatzone arenas from Melee. Also, the stage seems to have improved visually if you look at the new screens, which is pretty nice.

After a couple of seconds most likely, you're taken from the hangar and put onto a floating platform and into the air! You can see the Halberd in the background, and it zooms around the air for a bit. This part of the stage looks a little boring, but not too bad I guess. It is kinda cool getting a look of the Halberd in the background.

This next part of the stage is going to be my favorite, you're now taken ONTO the Halberd and in the background is the Combo Cannon from Kirby Super Star! This is very exciting for me, as Kirby Super Star was my favorite Kirby game. The Combo Cannon shoots lazers and missles at you, and also has a claw that will try to grab you. The stage still could be playable in tournys, so long as the cannon has a charge animation or something.

Sakurai says that he Halberd plays a big role in the Subspace Emissary, I wonder what it is?

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Huh, if only I knew what the halberd looked like. Maybe there are pictures somewhere on the internet...

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
Then go find 'em, I searched the Dojo site and those were all I could find.

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
I've come to the conclusion that yes, you do, in fact, fight on top of the Halberd at one point. Let me tell you why, after inspecting the second trailer a bit, there's a flat surface on top of the Halberd, looks like it was made for fighting. Before people ambush me, I'm a rabid Kirby Superstar fan. I've beaten the Revenge of Meta Knight story over 20 times, I've seen screens of the Halberd in full in screens from KSS as well and I can assure you that there was no flat surface on top of it, and they specifically made this version of the Halberd for Brawl so that you could fight on top of it.

Salaad

Smash Ace
Ok, so I'm looking for screenshots for your thread and I came acroos this one..

Looks like at the start of the fight it's a walk off stage with no platforms.

Btw, I suggest you add these pictures so I didn't look them up for nothing. xD

iMichael

Smash Lord
Yeah we will be able to brawl on the Halberd....I seen somewhere(trailer or screenshot) that the main part of the platform is part of the Halberd....as we are floating and the Halberd is flying at jet speed(lol) theres a space missing on it and thats where the main platform inserts itself onto the Halberd....hope I explained that good enough lol

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Just confirmed upder the name "battleship haleberd" on the new Dojo site! :)

Edit:

smashbros. said:
Sep. 12th Wed. 2007

Battleship Halberd

It has arrived! The Battleship Halberd! It’s Meta Knight’s battleship...isn’t it?

This warship’s bow is dazzling!

This stage begins in a hangar on the high seas. The platform follows the Halberd as it departs.

Ooooh. It’s so dynamic!

Eventually, you land on the ship’s deck.

What you see in the background is a double-barreled battery. With an arm.

Use extreme caution near the double-barreled battery! It launches beams and missiles and even attacks with its arm.

Dodge it well and try to make it hit your foe!

The Battleship Halberd appears not only in multiplayer Brawl stages, but also plays a very important role in The Subspace Emissary. That role is something you’ll have to look forward to.
Pretty neat, huh=???

iMichael

Smash Lord
Wow look at my last post...I said that a month ago and I was correct....do I work for Nintendo? no lol

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
I really would like to get some stages that dont have random things happening.
I just want ones that are not imbalenced

alphameric

Smash Ace
why the *** did he have to go and ruin it with stage hazards.
it's perfectly acceptable to have hazards off the main playing area, but right in the middle?

LAME

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Battlefield, Delphino Plaza, Yoshi's island, Lylat Cruise, and smashville are completely slow and easy going.
Maybe even Lylat Cruise and Rumble Falls. Possibly Castle Siege as well, but more tourney legal than neutral stages. Also, Pokémon Stadium 2 is probably going to be a neutral stage.

why the *** did he have to go and ruin it with stage hazards.
it's perfectly acceptable to have hazards off the main playing area, but right in the middle?

LAME
It's one hazard, get over it. FoD had the falling platforms, mute city had bouncing off the ground and F-Zero racers, Peach's Castle [SSB64] had bumpers, and both Zebes have lava. It isn't that big of a deal. We can deal. Besides, if all stages are just built for the sould purpose of being tourney legal, then it'd be retarted. What we need is variety, and thank Sakurai, because that is wat we are getting....balance in stage types. Major shape, size, activity, etc. in the stages. I'm glad to see Sakurai isn't just trying to aim at tournament players, but rather everyone. :)

I'm tired of everyone complaining that X stage won't be tourney legal. Simply put, there need to be some stages that are meant NOT to be tourney legal, to keep variety and fun for everyong. And besides, have you ever played the stage=??? If all stages were neutral tournament stages, the series would be a lot worse then it could have been. Seriously The unique characters, pysics, stages, and enviornments make the game. If we were to take out one of those unique things from SSB64 or Melee per se, both games would be A LOT WORSE! And it probably is tourney legal, btw. Just maybe not a neutral stage. ;)

If your mad because Sakurai isn't aiming soly at you, get over it, and get over yourself. He's trying the best to make a game for everyone. You can debate whether it's tourney legal or not until we're all blue in the face, but just because a course isn't the way you like doesn't mean it's a good or bad stage. Just wait to play the game before calling a stage retarted. [with few exeptions, like past stages, FD, and Battlefield]. We virtually know like .0001% about the game, and as far as we know, BF is going to be tourney-banned, Wario Ware is going to be nuetral, and Pokémon Stadium will feature not just Pokémon, but Digimon!

:laugh:

Catch ya' all later.

-Johnknight1

@ JohnKnight:

.0001%? Are you serious?

The last few sentences sounded very retarted to me. Perhaps you don't know how much information has been shared with us:

-19 characters
-12 stages
-"How To Play" updates: Mooving and Shooting, Standard Combos, Footstool Jump, Tether Recovery and Gliding
-"Game Modes" Four Kinds of Control, Custom Control(Names), Stickers and Subspace Emissary
-Items: Gooey Bomb, Cracker Launcher, Banana Peel, Bumper, Pitfall, Smoke Bomb, Franklin Badge and Super Spicy Curry
-Assist Trophies: Samurai Goroh, Dr. Wright, Knuckle Joe, Devil, Andross and Lyn
-9 Songs: BattleField, Main Theme, Yoshi Story, Metroid, Legend of Zelda, Star Fox, Kid Icarus, Animal Crossing and Pokemon Stadium

On top of that, we have a North American release date.

How is this information ".0001%"?

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
JohnKnight is right, this game isn't made for a small group but rather a wide variety, some people need to get over themselves

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
@ JohnKnight:

.0001%? Are you serious?

The last few sentences sounded very retarted to me. Perhaps you don't know how much information has been shared with us:

-19 characters
-12 stages
-"How To Play" updates: Mooving and Shooting, Standard Combos, Footstool Jump, Tether Recovery and Gliding
-"Game Modes" Four Kinds of Control, Custom Control(Names), Stickers and Subspace Emissary
-Items: Gooey Bomb, Cracker Launcher, Banana Peel, Bumper, Pitfall, Smoke Bomb, Franklin Badge and Super Spicy Curry
-Assist Trophies: Samurai Goroh, Dr. Wright, Knuckle Joe, Devil, Andross and Lyn
-9 Songs: BattleField, Main Theme, Yoshi Story, Metroid, Legend of Zelda, Star Fox, Kid Icarus, Animal Crossing and Pokemon Stadium

On top of that, we have a North American release date.

How is this information ".0001%"?

He was just maing a point. Saying we don't know jack until we actually get to play the game.

Chains

Smash Apprentice
Maybe even Lylat Cruise and Rumble Falls. Possibly Castle Siege as well, but more tourney legal than neutral stages. Also, Pokémon Stadium 2 is probably going to be a neutral stage.

It's one hazard, get over it. FoD had the falling platforms, mute city had bouncing off the ground and F-Zero racers, Peach's Castle [SSB64] had bumpers, and both Zebes have lava. It isn't that big of a deal. We can deal. Besides, if all stages are just built for the sould purpose of being tourney legal, then it'd be retarted. What we need is variety, and thank Sakurai, because that is wat we are getting....balance in stage types. Major shape, size, activity, etc. in the stages. I'm glad to see Sakurai isn't just trying to aim at tournament players, but rather everyone. :)

I'm tired of everyone complaining that X stage won't be tourney legal. Simply put, there need to be some stages that are meant NOT to be tourney legal, to keep variety and fun for everyong. And besides, have you ever played the stage=??? If all stages were neutral tournament stages, the series would be a lot worse then it could have been. Seriously The unique characters, pysics, stages, and enviornments make the game. If we were to take out one of those unique things from SSB64 or Melee per se, both games would be A LOT WORSE! And it probably is tourney legal, btw. Just maybe not a neutral stage. ;)

If your mad because Sakurai isn't aiming soly at you, get over it, and get over yourself. He's trying the best to make a game for everyone. You can debate whether it's tourney legal or not until we're all blue in the face, but just because a course isn't the way you like doesn't mean it's a good or bad stage. Just wait to play the game before calling a stage retarted. [with few exeptions, like past stages, FD, and Battlefield]. We virtually know like .0001% about the game, and as far as we know, BF is going to be tourney-banned, Wario Ware is going to be nuetral, and Pokémon Stadium will feature not just Pokémon, but Digimon!

Catch ya' all later.

-Johnknight1
High five.

Noops

Smash Rookie
I'm guessing in Single Player you'll be running along the length of the behemoth ala the final level of Halo.

It doesn't seem properly scaled to run around inside it like KSS. Was it inside? I barely remember. Been awhile since I've played KSS.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Great stage. Irrespective of the arm cannon thing I'm still going to play here a hell of a lot.

Kirby's up B is in one of the screenshots. Maybe we will get a move update for Kirby soon.

iMichael

Smash Lord

Catch ya' all later.

-Johnknight1
Johnknight1 for president!!!

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
The Halberd stage (Dubbed as Battleship Halberd) has finally been shown at the Smash Bros. Dojo!!

In the beginning of the stage, you start in the hangar, apparantly overseas. It looks like there aren't any edges to fall from in this part, but if you go to far to the right or left you'll probably die like in the Mushroom Kingdom and Flatzone arenas from Melee. Also, the stage seems to have improved visually if you look at the new screens, which is pretty nice.

After a couple of seconds most likely, you're taken from the hangar and put onto a floating platform and into the air! You can see the Halberd in the background, and it zooms around the air for a bit. This part of the stage looks a little boring, but not too bad I guess. It is kinda cool getting a look of the Halberd in the background.

This next part of the stage is going to be my favorite, you're now taken ONTO the Halberd and in the background is the Combo Cannon from Kirby Super Star! This is very exciting for me, as Kirby Super Star was my favorite Kirby game. The Combo Cannon shoots lazers and missles at you, and also has a claw that will try to grab you. The stage still could be playable in tournys, so long as the cannon has a charge animation or something.

Sakurai says that he Halberd plays a big role in the Subspace Emissary, I wonder what it is?

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
Don't you guys think the moving ship in the background will distract from the game? I mean, the cannon is fine and all, but it's sort of hard to concentrate with the stage zipping all over the place.

Top Bottom