• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i need help with a marth and shiek main...

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
ok im an semi advance falco,who does short hops,fall fasts,tech roll,but no wavedash,my brother know none of the adv techs,he pick shiek and marth,i have no idea how to beat em.he usually get bored of playing me,so he quits after 2 games..

ill just make a history on what happend..
falco vs shiek on FD

falco:*rushes towards shiek and FF drill kick"
shiek*rolls back and dash attack*
falco*gets knocked in low air,and tech recovers*
shiek*left smashes*
falco*fly outta the platform,get needle* dies

falco vs marth

falco:*grabs and down tilt repeatively,while marth is in mid air,i drill kick*
marth*recover from the ground and whacks me*
falco*trys to recover but fail*
marth*forward smash*
falco*phatasm to the stage*
marth *forward smash*
GAME...

and ive never heard falco say "MEESHON COMPLEETE" since march...

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Let's se.. I know Marth ***** Falco badly, but if you know advanced techniques, how u die vs. a smash-happy marth?

basstreblevol

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna say that you need to work on your approach and spacing, SHL towards your brother and he'll probably be distracted especially with marth. Use mindgames and don't be so predictable.

Jem.

Smash Master
I see nothing of you short hop lasering or reverse short hop lasering.. Do them. If he can power shield them back at, mix up your timing, like two regular SHL's, then dash dance RSHL. Shine combos on both of those characters work well.

teeman92

Smash Lord
whenever i laser(i dont do SHL correctly,i need more practice) i get wide open for an attack,i get ****.."TOYATH!!" GAME!...i dont know how to L-cancel,kinda hard.

and what about shiek,i HATE that "he-she",its always "tu,tu,tu,hmph," can she say three or one?!.....(that was a joke)

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
Yarr, practice SHL. SHL-approaches should do you well, as he won't have the chance to do anything if you can follow up with an attack quickly (getting in a dTilt right after landing should be easy enough).

Repryx

Smash Champion
Terrible Joke Mr.Teeman and didnt you do a post like this MONTHS ago?

Look Make Marth Play how you want him to...Draw out his Fsmash then Punish the Lag w/ a shine Combo (which is hard to do w/o L-canceling).

Sheik You really shouldnt be Losing if your not getting grabbed. Once again Draw out the Smash attack SHeild grab the Dash attacks.

If you can Analyze the situation like this you should be able to form a counter strategy...Nuff said

Mr.Teeman I am Convinced that you sir dont get that 1hr a day of Smash that the Docter recomended do you?

How long have you been playing?

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Work on your tech skill, SHL and shufflc + shines and or waveshines are a MUST in both match ups, if you can't do those things you're pretty much screwed

teeman92

Smash Lord
Terrible Joke Mr.Teeman and didnt you do a post like this MONTHS ago?

Look Make Marth Play how you want him to...Draw out his Fsmash then Punish the Lag w/ a shine Combo (which is hard to do w/o L-canceling).

Sheik You really shouldnt be Losing if your not getting grabbed. Once again Draw out the Smash attack SHeild grab the Dash attacks.

If you can Analyze the situation like this you should be able to form a counter strategy...Nuff said

Mr.Teeman I am Convinced that you sir dont get that 1hr a day of Smash that the Docter recomended do you?

How long have you been playing?

i usually play smash 30 minutes a day..beating classic on very hard

ive been playing since Dec,27,2006..

my bro claims that doing firefox like a manic is cheap...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think constantly running at the opponent is a stupid approach. No wonder you die so much.

Adi

Smash Lord
Yeah dude, you need to learn some advanced techniques and mindgames. If you can't do this stuff after almost a year of learning advanced techniques I don't know wh at to tell you.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
ok im an semi advance falco,who does short hops,fall fasts,tech roll,but no wavedash,my brother know none of the adv techs,he pick shiek and marth,i have no idea how to beat em.he usually get bored of playing me,so he quits after 2 games..

ill just make a history on what happend..
falco vs shiek on FD

falco:*rushes towards shiek and FF drill kick"
shiek*rolls back and dash attack*
falco*gets knocked in low air,and tech recovers*
shiek*left smashes*
falco*fly outta the platform,get needle* dies

falco vs marth

falco:*grabs and down tilt repeatively,while marth is in mid air,i drill kick*
marth*recover from the ground and whacks me*
falco*trys to recover but fail*
marth*forward smash*
falco*phatasm to the stage*
marth *forward smash*
GAME...

and ive never heard falco say "MEESHON COMPLEETE" since march...
No.

10chars

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Or maybe you need to start thinking. It unfortunately sounds like you're dying in the dumbest ways multiple times. Which would be why your brother gets bored.

teeman92

Smash Lord
Or maybe you need to start thinking. It unfortunately sounds like you're dying in the dumbest ways multiple times. Which would be why your brother gets bored.
ok let me list them..

1.missing spikes,and gets killed
2. glitch falling thru the edges
3.being unable to recover
4.quiting during matchs with shiek or marth
5.getting smacked duriing lasering
6.practice wavedash during battle
7.talking trash....

well...dont know

Repryx

Smash Champion
Yeah Change your approaches and dont talk trash...we Started @ the same time and Most Advanced Techniques are second nature to me

SHFFLing
SHL
RSHL
LHDL
WD
Wavelanding
Shine Combos
Teching
WaveShining

Almost: Multishining

Starting to practice: Phantom Stalling :Laugh: PWN YOU ALL

Cmon Teeman you cant mean to tell me that WD is too hard for you...All it takes is to see it Slowly one time. Go to training mode and Slow it down so you know when to press L or R for a full WD.

Top Bottom