• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smoke ball

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like a lot of fun, but like the invis, I'll be falling off the stage more than anything useful that would come out of it.

This thing would be over nine thousand times as awesome in Beegees or Earth Wind & Fire started playing when you activate it. I mean it's basically a smoking disco ball, amirite?

dsi1

Smash Rookie
Am I the only one who thought: With name tags, like the invis, this item will be worthless?

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Am I the only one who thought: With name tags, like the invis, this item will be worthless?

Im so used to my combos with fox that when I play with items (rarely) if a guy gets invisible I can still combo him somehow.

Then I realize that he was also invincible. crap. I got destroyed after that! :laugh:

This item just looks great to toss around and experiment with. I like it.

Hong

The Strongest
I like items like this and the Pit Fall because they don't heal nor hurt. Tactical aspect and functions always make combat more interesting and require more thought. Could just be me, but I like this update. Obviously just stading still in the smoke won't help with concealing your image, but it can help make things more difficult to predict. (Which can end up working against the player who dropped it.)

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
lol dis would be good on a 3d game but not dis. even if u are n those clouds i can still lazer your *** up (if falco makes it, which he will) or jus go n there n knock yo *** out wit ganons f-air.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Looking at the screenshots, it doesn't look like the ball actually covers you completely so it's impossible to use it to hide imo. Pretty much a failing item if you ask me.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
More like LAG BALL.

Pretty funny to screw around with though.
How many smoke balls can one use before Smash starts to lag?

Even funnier, what if we could find another blackhole glitch, and used smoke balls for it?

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
This smoke balls looks like it would f*** up the game if there is lots going on, it might start to lag.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I am only going to play Brawl with smokeballs, gooeybombs, and banana peels on very high.

Holy crap, imagine all the items on dojo on very high, that'd make for the most annoying game ever!
smokeballs, gooey bombs, bumpers, pitfalls, peels and cracker launchers.

Am I the only one that thinks that this will be completely ineffective in single-player mode?
that's true, computers probably wont notice

Zindura

Smash Cadet
It doesn't look entirely useless. Since it stays out for a long time, people will repeatedly pick it up and toss it.

We've seen white and red in the in-game shots. The item profile pic of smoke ball shows signs of green, blue, and red. Maybe the color of the smoke ball will depend of the controller position of the player/computer who picked it up, like shields?

SniperRy

Smash Apprentice
Sounds like a new item that can be situational. I look forward to just playing around with this and many more "funky" items =)

ecstatic

Smash Journeyman
Within 8,000 miles of you, unless you're in space.
To everyone posting that it's useless because it doesn't comepletely cover you up, reread the text:
...and if you’re covered in smoke, it’s harder for your opponent to see what moves you’re doing.
Of course you're not invisible, but you could certainly SHFFL a nair without your opponent knowing what you're doing.

That said, I'm dissapointed with todays update. We now know that Ganondorf, Sheik, Peach, Meta Knight, and Snake are in Brawl, but none of them have a profile.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I'm thinking a match with smoke balls and motion sensor bombs would be amazing....

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
If anything, this item is definitely tournament legal. ^_^

Top Bottom