• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

mewtwo's tier position

goateeguy

Smash Ace
I'm really scared of asking this due to the probable amount of stupidity that the question probably carries, but here it goes.

why is mewtwo so low tier?

he has: a nice recovery, a powerful yet usable set of aerials that include a spike, long range to partially make up for the lag in his smashes, and a long wavedash as icing on the cake.

u see people like taj who can own an average fox or falco player with mewtwo, but are there kirbies or bowsers who can do that? I understand that mewtwo is pretty low because of the lag in his moves, so i'm not asking why he isn't above marth. i'm just saying, at my level, he seems to be misplaced in the tier list....:ohwell:

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Please read the sticky entitled "read before you post" please?

(before quak flames you????)

quak

Smash Champion
Too Late!!! Bwhahaha

Go Read My Guide!

Your Mother Was A Hampster, And Your Father Smelled Of Elderberries.

(totally blacklisted)

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
M2 is bad due to the fact that he dies so quick. And it's easy for him to die so quick.

This is the same with basically every single bottom tier character. With the possible exception of Simna's Ness, which also seems to die quick, just randomly.

metallic shadow

Smash Apprentice
mewtwo is just a SUPERPWNAGE
that deserves top tier.
people just dont realize it since they cant master him.

Banned via Administration
omggggggggggg how many topics like this do we need before people like me kill themselves due to lack of hope for humanity??????????

DDRKirby(ISQ)

Smash Ace
M2 is bad due to the fact that he dies so quick. And it's easy for him to die so quick.
Yea and Falco's recovery sucks so of course he's top tier :lick:

also,
why is mewtwo so low tier?

he has a nice tendency to die, a usable yet inferior set of aerials that includes a laggy meteor, he's a huge target for anyone with long range, and nothing makes up for the lag in his smashes. a long wavedash is all he has.
fixed...???

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
while I do believe mewtwo should be bottom tier, I dont believe he should be listed as the worst in the game.....

one of the reasons he's so low includes how huge his hitbox is. That tail of his makes his hitbox abnormally large and very easy to hit.

but I do think he should be a bit higher. Taj did take out an entire crew with just his Mewtwo at FC a fews months ago

Klowne

Smash Journeyman
This thread should have been titled "What makes mewtwo worse than pichu or kirby", since everyone already knows that mewtwo is BAD, but some are confused as to why he's considered the very worst.

iankobe

Smash Lord
...Mewtwo lacks KO moves, slow, and big. What kind of a character can be worse than a combination of being slow, floaty, AND FAT at the same time?

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo is only low tier because he's mentally challenged =P

Jokes aside, he's slow, light, quite large, and lacks good KO moves. He has terrible priority on his best moves, edgeguarding is alright, nothing special, and 2 of his B moves are pretty hard to use no matter how good the effects are. His approach game is roughly the same, sneak in D-Tilts to start combos or get a grab. Basically he's VERY limited in what he can do. Even what he does effectively is in truth, not that great.

JonathanW-Knight

Smash Rookie
Mewtwo is not the worst and its obvious he is not the worst. Pichu *hurts himself with his own attacks* FFS

T0MMY

Smash Master
The worst Mewtwo has going for him is he's light and lacks KO moves? Yeah, that kinda sucks... however Pichu is the lightest character in the game and the only attacks he can KO with are very difficult to use (Skullbash, U-smash, F-smash). The F-smash is usually only used as an edgeguard and even then it can be DI'd out for a total of about 2% damage and no knockback.

Mewtwo isn't a very good character, but compared to Kirby, Pichu, and I'd say Bowser he obviously doesn't deserve the placement he has. Raise him up over Bowser (at 3rd worse above Kirby) at least...
Despite his faults he still has more to work with than other low-tiers.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
The worst Mewtwo has going for him is he's light and lacks KO moves? Yeah, that kinda sucks... however Pichu is the lightest character in the game and the only attacks he can KO with are very difficult to use (Skullbash, U-smash, F-smash). The F-smash is usually only used as an edgeguard and even then it can be DI'd out for a total of about 2% damage and no knockback.

Mewtwo isn't a very good character, but compared to Kirby, Pichu, and I'd say Bowser he obviously doesn't deserve the placement he has. Raise him up over Bowser (at 3rd worse above Kirby) at least...
Despite his faults he still has more to work with than other low-tiers.
thank you! this was my complaint. let's raid the mods houses and force them to make a new tier list! any volunteers for our angry mob? there might be a fight so we'll need to practice up our M2s. :chuckle: [insert more random randomness]

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
Boozer *****... ask Gimpy... Bowser has the lovely ability to up B out of shield with 4 frame initial startup, and also has the best A move from the edge (lolrape)

M2 has neutral air and shadowball, both of which don't kill. :p Oh and, shadowclaw. That ish is fun.

Kirby has the ability to be lame.

Pichu is short and annoying and fast.

M2 just gets served... :(

goateeguy

Smash Ace
im amazed at how these topics attract so many posts.

in short, mewtwo DOESNT SUCK... he really doesnt,
the other characters are just broken.
that makes no sense! if all the other chars are broken, then why is M2 bottom tier? THAT's WHAT IM ASKING PEOPLE. DO NOT DEVIATE FROM THE POINT! (sorry bout the shouting, it was at everyone, not just you if that makes you feel any better).

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
i dont think u understand what broken means =p

in usual gaming terms, broken has the synonyms: overpowered, unfair, injust

when you see peach use a dsmash against a fox that accidentally DI downward and gets hit for 61 percent, then you might hear someone say "peach's dsmash is so broken" if you see a sheik harrass a ganon with tilts and fairs and kills the ganon without getting hit at all, then you might hear someone say "sheik is so broken"

by far, all top tier characters have some moves that are abnormally abnormally overpowered.

everything mewtwo has is mediocre... his range, his speed, his knockback, his damage output, his combo capabilities, everything. he fights 'fair and square.' but the other characters dont.

its not like mewtwo sucks. he really doesnt. its just that every other character is more unbalanced and more godly that he is.

wakarimas?

Airo

Smash Lord
Boozer *****... ask Gimpy... Bowser has the lovely ability to up B out of shield with 4 frame initial startup, and also has the best A move from the edge (lolrape)

M2 has neutral air and shadowball, both of which don't kill. :p Oh and, shadowclaw. That ish is fun.

Kirby has the ability to be lame.

Pichu is short and annoying and fast.

M2 just gets served... :(
lol mewtwo gets served? dont kid me, mewtwo is in bottom tier for sure, but the bottom tier characters are just as mediocre/weak as he is.

yeah boozer *****, but if you ask gimpy, he would say that mewtwo beats bowser.

all bottom tiers are more or less equally weak. so its not like mewtwo is the 'worst' and 'terrible' character.

Smash Master
Mewtwo's throws are hax. His recovery is hax. His range is hax. He has a decent projectile. He has good aerials. Definitely shouldn't be below Kirby or Pichu. Maybe some pro should start using Mewtwo in tournaments or something so he goes up the tier list.

Oh, wait...

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
nah,
his range is pretty terrible (his rangey moves suck, except for tilts)

plus he dies faster than falco. you can actually hit him + no lasers coming at you.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Actually there is talk of bowser moving up maybe one or two spots if another tier list comes out which it won't and kirby would go to the bottom maybe along with pichu

So there is hope for all us under appreciated bottom tier mains

Airo

Smash Lord
moving up the list would be nice,
but in reality, it would really do practically nothing for us.
we wont particularly get more fans, all character's stats stay the same

the tier list shouldnt have anything to do with our pride in the character we play

true hope should lie in smash brawls =] where all statistics and character physics are reconsidered.

DDRKirby(ISQ)

Smash Ace
Actually there is talk of bowser moving up maybe one or two spots if another tier list comes out which it won't and kirby would go to the bottom maybe along with pichu

So there is hope for all us under appreciated bottom tier mains
that might make me feel better simply because i'd have a better excuse to suck with kirby.

Top Bottom