• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Talk to me about Bi-Weeklies.

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
I'm hosting a big smash tourney in my city right now, but after that there's talks of starting up bi-weeklies for the locals. This sounds fabulous to me. But I have some questions, for those of you who host bi-weeklies:

1. What do you usually charge, and what sort of prizing do you arrange, considering it's not a big tourney?

2. What's the turn out compared to the real big tourneys? Do alot of smashers lose interest after awhile? Considering it comes every two weeks, I can see alot of casual smashers taking it for granted...

3. Do you host it at a venue and what sort of cut do they expect for bi-weeklies?

Yeah, I'm lookin' for the low-down. Can you help me? Thank-you!!

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Sorry for the late response.

1: Depending on the venue, would determine the costs. Then add a little more to enter events to for a kinda small pot, like 5 bucks each.

2: The answer would commonly vary, it really depends on the environment.

3: Biweeklies can be hosted anywhere, here in Calgary, Randall00 has been hosting them out of his home, and they've turned out great.

hope that helps =]

Top Bottom