• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

chaingrab...HELP!

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
i finally mastered the chaingrab against brawlpro (fox) but now hes figured out something NEW! he DIs up and shine me and before 29 damage so i can't u-tilt him :(. Ne advice?

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
o man....it'll be really hard because there r so many ways 2 get out once thrown on ground....is there a way 2 keep chain grabbing?

Salaad

Smash Ace
I usually just Fthrow because I know my opponent is gonna shine me...But..if you see him DI, start the Utilts early I guess.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
You aren't grabbing as you should, you can pivot grabs and get him easily before he can shine normally but if his di-ing up is troubling you that much, just shield the shine and grab him over that if you can't pivot grab him.

if you start the up-tilts earlier, they won't lead to anything and probably sourspot hit him.

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
PIVOT GRAB! is that sure fire way to avoid getting shined?? no i m grabbing him correctly but not pivot grab so i get shine and i dunno this but can he shine cancel when i put up my shield? and thnx that really helped me :D Hey bluedeath i m gona put up my recent match which i lost :( can u tell me wat i did wrong?

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I watched the first one on your thread.

And I was right on the fact you must have been doing something wrong..watch closely at the part where he shined you, you grabbed the wrong direction.

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
o ya sry on that one but still he can shine me regardless, i was confused never been faced with such tactic.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
No, he cannot shine you regardless due to your grabbing, you seen how your missed grab almost ended just as he shined you? if you grabbed the right way, he couldn't have got the shine in, I'm going to watch the other video now.

Top Bottom