• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Neil's Alternating Albuquerque Monthlies!

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Hey, fellow Albuquerque smashers. It's a pleasure to talk to you, and it's time I propose an interesting offer. :) (Warning, challenger (post) approaching!)

Some of the BNTD (an Albuquerque crew) members and my friends have been thinking, Albuquerque needs some more action! We have decided that it would be possible to hold NEW ALBUQUERQUE MONTHLIES, not to be confused with the NinjaMonkey ones, alternating with the NMGC and based on any other events.

Remember, dates are subject to change, and you all get to decide the next one ;)

Details for Albuquerque Monthlies are as follows:

Date: Saturday, August 25, 2007 (exactly two months from my birthday/the date of Halo 3's release)
Time: 1:30 a.m. (or later) - 7:30 p.m. (or later)
Location: My house off Montgomery & Wyoming, but I'm not planning to give an address over the Internet. Call me at (505) 880-8740.

Details for actual Tournament and anything else follows:

Fee: The tournament fee and FOOD FEE (You can't get my food unless you enter the tournament, sorry :(.) IS $3. The food will be pizza (probably cheese) and soda.
Materials: My house will have 4 open rooms, and I already have 3 TVs and 1 GCN. I require at least 3 TVs and 5 GCNs (with ssbm/memory card/cables). PLEASE, tell me what you can bring when you post.
It is up to the New Mexico crew to decide if this tournament may amend New Mexico Power Rankings.
Rules for the SSBM Tournament are as follows:

BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller. If you don't have one, I have 2 extras.)
Double Elimination and Best 2 of 3 per match.
4 stock, 8 minutes. NO ITEMS.

Random Stages: Final Destination, BattleField, Pokemon Stadium, Dream Land, Fountain of Dreams, and Yoshi's Story.
Banned Stages: Yoshi's Island, Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Great Bay, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom I, Mushroom Kingdom II, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Princess Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle, and Onett. (Thanks, Paul!)

Glitches or anything deemed illegal by MLG rules for a character results in disqualification of the tournament. Random Stage for match 1, unless agreed by both players. Each player may ban a stage, slob picks and Dave's Stupid Rule apply. Players may ask for double blind, and a tournament co-host will attend you.
Speaking of which, if you would like to be a co-host, please ask. It will help run the tourney much quicker.

You all may host your own doubles tournament, but I am not organizing the prizes. You all decide the pot.

NOTES:

1. Note these monthlies are occuring at a HOUSE. Please, be considerate, and I don't plan on more than 15 people coming. If there are more than 15 and you need a spot, I can "overbook" :chuckle:.
2. Time, Date, and Location are subject to change (location least likely).
3. Since I love you all so much, I am willing to allow you guys to sleepover from Saturday to Sunday on almost any Albuquerque Monthly, though I will not allow more than 8 people to sleepover.
4. This is a cruel note. I would mostly prefer only people from ALBUQUERQUE to come to this monthly. If you want to, again, I can overbook.
5. Did I miss anything because I'm freaking ********? Tell me!

Thanks again everyone, I hope New Mexico will rise to enchant smash world forums with ownage. :cool:

Sliraobe God

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
This sounds like a great idea Neil, however, I do have some questions:

1) Will these monthlies replace the current monthlies going on now at NinjaMonkeyGamingCenter or

2) are these monthlies just going to be something extra, so that we have both NinjaMonkeyGamingCenter monthlies and these ones?

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
This sounds like a great idea Neil, however, I do have some questions:

1) Will these monthlies replace the current monthlies going on now at NinjaMonkeyGamingCenter or

2) are these monthlies just going to be something extra, so that we have both NinjaMonkeyGamingCenter monthlies and these ones?
You're not alone. In fact, you are soon to undergo a thorough interrogation by me.

First of all, these will NOT affect NMGC monthlies at all. My monthlies are completely unrelated, and will hopefully alternate 2 weeks after, making "Albuquerque bi-weeklies". :cool:
Again, constant smashing every other weekend for at least 6 hours can stress and burn out players, but it is your choice to come :p If enough of you think this is WAY TOO MUCH smash (which is a nonexistent oxymoron), I will move my monthlies to more comfortable dates.

Your turn, Alphabravo...

1. Did you get your memory card? If not . . . well . . . how are you going to play smash at home?
2. Why is it every time one of us makes a new thread, the other person always gets the **** 1st post?
3. Nah, I'm kidding. No more questions. Hyatt's going to p00n, but it seems like not that many peeps are coming :ohwell:

Sliraobe God

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I can't goto these except on breaks for the school year, I need to hit the books so much this year.

I also, rated this a 1 star thread!

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Alright so these monthlies are going side by side with NMGC monthlies, sounds great.

Wow, if only the NM smash scene was this active a few years ago, then we'd all be pros by now. Anyway, I'm not going to show up to all of these but some of them (depending if I have the time).

No Neil, I did not get my memory card. Apparently whoever has it doesn't seem interested in giving it back to me. But Sinz let me have an extra memory card of his for the time being so I can practice, don't worry.

Anyway, I'm not really expecting that many people to show up to Hyatt. I'm really expecting it to be monthly size. All the people who normally show up will be there. With any luck, there might be a few random NM noobs. Keep in mind however that this event is being advertised through not only smashboards but X-topia, email, and flyers in certain parts of the city. Besides, this event is only really practice to me for the larger tournaments.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Dammit, dammit, DAMMIT! Stupid work. Honestly.

Same here, SinZ. **** school. Hopefully my PDA will make things less stressful.

I agree, Paul, but hey, we'll be pro at no time. We will make Brawl our *****, also.

Anyways, great idea, Neil. Very good idea. I feel very small right now. Not sure why.

Yeah, I think power rankings should be NM's top priority... for the love of God, who are the panelists? Myself, Paul, and BWAAAAAAAAAAAAH?!

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the awesome rating Sinz! It doesn't even matter anyway, seeing as how ALL THREE PEOPLE WHO POSTED CAN'T ****ING COME!!!

You know what, screw this. :mad:
Right now, I want you all to decide on another date then. I don't care. Make it Sunday, August 26th... Forget the sleepover... Apparently all of you are too stressed about work and school, meaning I can't do it on a weekday because of school, and I can't do it on a flippin weekend because of work!?

CHOOSE A NEW DATE FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!

Sliraobe God (I'm sorry for the fit, I really can't control myself this time around.)

EDIT: You guys should tell me your schedules on your post also, so I can reschedule according to mine...

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey paul bring my memory card tommorrow.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Well, it's been a while since I've posted here, and here's what I have to say.

Paul and all others, THE AUGUST 25th MONTHLY HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO LOW TURNOUT. So, don't come unless you still want to play smash with one person for 8 hours :p

Thanks nealdt, but my name is pro. Your name is moderator. After all, in Hindi, neil means blue!! What now? LOL, I'm serious.

Also, I'll wait for a future date, because I've finally realized that school is a time to be serious, and we should wait for the next break. I'm considering Saturday, SEPTEMBER 1st, Labor Day weekend. Tell me what you guys have to say.
Screw the schedule.

Sliraobe God

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
GG your amazing. CO is gonna miss you again.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry for your uncaring work, Davis. Apparently they do not allow employees to celebrate the annual day for a working man to deserve freedom and leisure from constant labor to please the greedy, rich nobles. ...I hate history :dizzy:

Anyways, the Sept 1st date has been sucked into a black hole nearby the supernova of Alpha Centauri and spat out at the antimatter 4th dimension version of the Bermuda Triangle. (For you idiots out there who don't understand science, it's cancelled :psycho:)

No one likes my monthly because:
1. I am posting dates with way too much short notice.
2. My dates are often inconvenient, and apparently it's during the school year :urg:
Eh, so, I've decided for the next awesome date:

1. Saturday, October 27th. Now, this date is still controversial, but I have picked it simply because . . . October 25th is my birthday. :colorful: I'm curious to see how many people are free that weekend.

Sliraobe God

Top Bottom