• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

mewtwo is great. why is he like bottom tier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

red stone

Smash Ace
he has like an amazing forward tilt. it sheild stabs and sets up and everything. the up b is amazing for mindgames. he also has a really cool infinite ledge stall. his up tilt is extremely useful as is his uair. he has great range. he may be a bit slow but it's nothing drastic . his spike is godly.

anyways i just recently picked him up cause i like to beat my friends with bottom tier but it's so easy to be cheap with mewtwo for me that my friends might complain about how mewtwo is too good.

i don't know how the extremely slow bowser or the self damaging pichu got higher than him, all i know is that mewtwo definitely has some inherent advantages

Rage.

Smash Ace
Ive never thought Mewtwo as bottom tier because hes "bad"
I think its because he plays so much diffrently than every other character in the game

While other characters shuffl a lot to combo and ****
Mewtwos stratiges rely on waiting for your opponet
I beileve that Mewtwo has a lot more potential than people give him credit for.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I think Mewtwo is a lw tier because he is very difficult to master, or even use.
Also, he is nothing like his "true" self is.
He was to nerrfed from what he should have been, and now he...just isn't that neat.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
If you want me to address the actual reasons why mewtwo doesn't play as well, here's a summary:

-Big character (big target), yet dies off the top or off the side quite early, negating his good recovery
-comboing/techchasing ability about average, yet his approach/grab setups are a bit subpar
-his spike isn't godly... its actually pretty awful... one of the easiest to meteor cancel.

Sure he can do some cool things with his grab vs a fox, but how much easier is it for fox just to run in and nair him? (assuming that the fox l-cancels and doesn't get shieldgrabbed all the time) Not to mention fox kills him at... umm... 70-80%?

Just some examples. Its debatable that he's not bottom tier, but he certainly is far from "too good".

Closing statement that I always make in this sort of discussion: before you claim that mewtwo should be moved up, consider what good attributes the chars above him have. (bowser's edgeguarding game, game&watch's comboing/priority, pichu's speed/gimping ability, zelda's kick, yoshi's 1337ness, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom