• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth critique-updated

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
I think we've gotten better since 2 since the last 2 vids that we made thnx 2 the guys that gave us tips. I am postin this vid, hope we got better, pls leave some helpful advice. :):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TElxGO2hXWM (recent match) i was a bit nervous so i didn't do as good as usual, i need help again fox u throw>u a. and please leave ne other critique u feel necessary :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=m9M6L8nNxEA&feature=PlayList&p=610ADEC2BE4192AD&index=20

here's brawlpro's site if u wanna leave commets: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2624686#post2624686

Kada

Smash Journeyman
I really like your Marth, very technically sound. I don't really have a heck of a lot of critique, since I didn't really get a good gauge of your skill. Your friend obviously doesn't use Fox, or is just starting to learn. If you play a better opponent, your skills will show off so much more.

One thing I would've liked to see is more d-tilt. It's such a good approach, it's fast, relatively unpunishable, you can follow it up with just about anything, and it even has the added crouch cancelling effect if you happen to get hit during it. It'd be a great way for you to mix up your approach. You might also try and extend your chaingrabs a little bit with pivot grabs, u-tilt and uair. You can start u-tilting at 29%, and after 32%, they can DI the u-tilt, so you'll have to improvise with u-airs, and other things. You might have to pivot grab if they don't DI at around 19%+. You can also try to do more intercepting your opponent when they're coming back to the stage. Jumping out and fairing, or ledgehopping a bair. You hardly had a chance to do those during the match, but it's something you can always be working on.

Besides that though, like I said, there's nothing really to critique you on. Your friend hardly ever recovered well enough to let you show off your edgeguarding, and didn't do much to make you have to defend yourself. Your tech skill is good, just keep practicing it, so you can keep it that way.

I look forward to seeing more videos of you. :chuckle:

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
thnx :). i appreciate it. lol actually hes been playing fox longer then i've marth, and he would really like it if u guys can help him out.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
:)Heey, even tho i might have been playin longer, we still knew advanced techniques for the same time, and i didn't have intrnet back then so i couldn't even watch any a.t.. aw well that stuff doesn't matter now anyways, get ready on sat or sun:)

Top Bottom