• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WWYP5] Insula Nondae: Adventus Pyrae

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
Adventus Pyrae, The Arrival of Pyra​

“Do you know why the Nardoyans are blessed with long life?” Miles asked.

“Yes, father,” Noctu answered. “My teacher told me that we are blessed because we honor the Creator and give thanks to Him for giving us the Island of Nonda, our beautiful home.”

“Your teacher is knowledgeable,” Miles said. “But why would the Creator bless all Nardoyans if all Nardoyans do not honor Him?”

Noctu gave no answer.

“It is because He wants us to recognize that we, as a nation, are responsible for our peoples’ actions. Nardoya’s founder chose to honor the Creator, and because of that choice, he and his children were blessed.

“Noctu, I say this to you because our greatest enemy is a son of Nardoya. Yes, Pyra, King of Latracia, was conceived by a Nardoyan; but all the Nondan nations, not only Nardoya, find fear and pain under Latracian oppression.

“We have a duty to the Nondan Empire. Pyra wants Nonda under Latracian rule, but we must not let him overthrow Nonda and usurp the Throne, do you understand?”

Noctu nodded. Miles looked at his son. Noctu’s face had become pale, his eyes fixed on nothing but the vision in his mind: he saw Nonda’s mountains and fields on fire; he could smell the fiery fumes, and the flames burned his hope that Nonda would survive Pyra’s onslaught.

“But if Pyra can’t take Nonda,” Miles said, “he’ll do everything he can to destroy what we love in it.”

* * *​

Insula Nondae, The Island of Nonda, is an empire composed of four nations: Nardoya in the south, Ferraria in the north, Tinyaria in the west, and Tritica in the east. Each nation has a king, and an election decides which of those kings is Emperor over the entire island. To the west of Nonda is Latracia, currently ruled by Pyra. For the past two hundred years, Latracia has been the chief enemy of both Nonda and Rindaria, a nation-island to the north of Nonda.

Latracia was not always the enemy of the two islands. Nonda and Rindaria were once under the rule of the Old Latracian Empire, when it was ruled by a good man. That was a peaceful time in Nondan and Rindarian history. They experienced favorable trade and no oppression.

When the Latracian Emperor died, his son Gagaran took over his rule. Gagaran, looking upon the arid deserts of Latracia, was envious of the beauty of Nonda. He believed that the Latracians deserved the best land, and he attacked Nonda, attempting to push the Nondans right into the sea. It is called the Great War. Nonda miraculously won that war and declared independence from the Latracian Empire. Rindaria, fearing an eventual attack, also withdrew from the Empire and ceased trade with Latracia.

From that time, the people of Nonda and Rindaria have lived with the knowledge that the Latracians are still to the west of their shores, and their new leader Pyra plans a fresh assault on those who have forsaken the Latracian Empire.

* * *​

Nondan ships were patrolling the Tinyarian coast for fear of Pyra’s coming. In the Tinyarian city of Celion, Miles and Noctu waited for news of the Latracian tyrant.

“Sir,” a Tinyarian officer said to Miles, “a Nondan vessel comes toward the harbor.”

“Why do they come in?”

“Perhaps they’ve seen something worth telling.”

Both Miles and Noctu waited for the ship’s coming. The day lingered on.

“Father,” Noctu said, “when are Gallin and Aulic coming?”

“They should be here sometime today. Maybe at midday.”

“Good. I’m getting bored.”

An hour had passed when the Nondan ship landed. It brought grave news to Nonda’s Military General.

“Sir, we’ve sighted a Latracian ship,” the Tinyarian captain said to Miles.

“Then Pyra is ready for his attack.”

“I don’t think so. The ship was heading north.”

“Why would they be going north?”

“Are they going to go to Ferraria?” Noctu asked his father.

“I don’t believe so. Was the ship an attack vessel?”

“No, sir. It was medium sized and looked like an ordinary ship.”

“Pyra sends a message,” Miles spoke aloud in thought, “but to whom?”

“Sir, they could be going to Ferraria. Pyra knows we are guarding Celion’s harbor. He also knows it’s impossible to land a ship on Ferrarian coast—but he doesn’t have to land. Only one man is needed to deliver a message, and one could make it ashore rather easily.”

“No. Pyra knows he needs more than words to send any message to the Nondans. He knows we don’t trust his words at all,” Miles said. I understand now, he thought. Pyra may need to take Nonda with brute force, but he can conquer Rindaria with clever words.

“Thank you, captain,” Miles said. He turned to the Tinyarian officer and said, “Inspect all incoming Rindarian ships. If anyone looks suspicious, detain them.”

The officer was puzzled. “The Rindarians come for their orders of Tritican wheat, as always; and, they always look suspicious. Though, I will never disobey the Nondan General. It will be as you command.”

Miles dismissed the officer. At that moment Aulic King of Tinyaria and his son Gallin arrived with a troop of soldiers.

“Miles, my friend, how pleasant it is to see you again,” Aulic said. “Hello, Noctu. Gallin has been asking to see you.”

“Good day, Aulic of Tinyaria,” Miles and Noctu said.

“I see it is still customary for Nardoyans to not bow to a king,” Aulic said.

“It is so,” Miles said. “We bow to only One, only the Creator.”

Aulic laughed and smiled. “Miles, my friend, you’ve always been stubborn.”

“Your majesty,” Miles said somberly, remembering the newfound grave subject, “there is a problem greater than we had imagined. I believe that Pyra wishes to set the Rindarians against us. A Latracian vessel was seen traveling north. It carries with it harsh news, news kept secret for more than two hundred years.”

Aulic could not determine what Miles would say next, but a great fear struck him, for he knew Pyra could accomplish things unimaginable and conjure evil incomprehensible.

“Believe me, Aulic, Pyra has what he needs to bring the Rindarians under his command.” Miles came closer to Aulic; every step he took told of a dire feeling of fear. Aulic quaked in his gut.

Miles whispered something in Aulic’s ear so that none around could hear.

Aulic started back a step and slapped Miles across the face, temporarily dislocating his jaw. “King Phoinix of Nardoya? Oh my—did that hurt?”

Miles nodded his head in answer to both of the king’s questions. Among the people listening the conversation, only Noctu thought he could guess what his father whispered into the king’s ear, but the mention of King Phoinix baffled him.

Shortly after, when Miles had recovered from the blow, he said, “If the Rindarians are coming against us, we need more fighters. We need the Tritics, and Maya.”

“You know that Maya has hasn’t fought since she became the Tritican queen.”

Miles sighed. “She will send her warriors though, correct?”

“You are indeed.”

“Noctu and I will leave tomorrow to Tritica.”

“Don’t be stupid, Miles. You are needed here.” Aulic studied Miles’ straight face. “Oh, I see. You want to see Maya. You still—”

“No,” he said curtly.

Aulic asked a few of his men to bring a message to Maya and the Tritics, but they looked at their king with an unwilling glance. Miles was surprised by the disobedience of the king’s men, but Noctu recalled what Gallin had told him a few years before. Noctu, he said, why are you Anya’s friend? She’s a Tritic. I heard there are giant beasts and monsters in the Mountain Pass that guard the way to Tritica. They’re evil. The monsters are evil too.

“Pathetic,” Aulic said. “Miles, It seems that I’ll be delivering the message myself, and if any of my guards would like to come, they can.”

Gallin was annoyed and slightly frightened. His fear of the Tritican monsters was surpassed only by the dislike of the Tritics themselves.

“Gallin,” Noctu said, “if you see Anya, tell her I said ‘hello.’”

“Eh?” Gallin said. He never did appreciate being around Anya, the Tritican queen’s daughter, though the reason behind that is unknown. “Father, may I stay with Noctu?”

“Gallin, don’t be afraid of the silly legends of the monsters. Nardoyans travel to Tritica often, and they always come back alive.”

“But the monsters aren’t as friendly to the Tinyarians. Please, can—may I stay?”

“I’m not sure. Miles, would that be okay?”

“Of course, your highness.”

* * *​

The Rindarians gathered at the harbor. A Latracian ship anchored. On the ship’s mast was a gold diamond on a green flag, the sign of peace.

A lone Latracian walked onto Rindarian soil, and said, “Who will hear me?”

The Rindarian king stepped out of the crowd.

“I am the high herald of Pyra King of Latracia. Hear him speak.

“Sons of Rindaria, why do you fear? Why do you live as captives of the Nondan rebellion? There were days when the Rindarians and Latracians lived together in peace and prosperity. Why have you so quickly thrown away that harmony? Latracia is not your enemy. My father Gagaran attacked Nonda because he saw the island as the fairest sight in our world, a land favored by the Creator. Hah! do you think that he would have attacked Rindaria? Don’t be cocky. Rindaria is no replacement for Nonda. Aren’t you tired of second-best? The Nondans have always been proud of themselves, of their blessings, accomplishments, wealth. I am not your enemy. All the hardship you’ve endured is because of them.

“There is something you don’t know about the Nondans, something they’ve kept hidden from you. Some people do things out of good reason, but the Nondans have done this selfishly to keep you from becoming their enemies. None of your memories stretch as far back as two hundred years, so I will reveal to you a piece of Nondan history. The Nardoyans had a king, King Phoinix, and he became the Nondan Emperor. He had a vision from the Creator. He was the Creator. The Nardoyans didn’t believe him. They didn’t trust their own god. They forced Phoinix out of kingship and made Marcus their king. Phoinix fled from the Island of Nonda, and lived in Latracia, where he was fathered by Gagaran. He trained in the arts of war and became the most powerful man in Latracia, except for his father. He took for himself a new name: Pyra.

“I am the Great Phoenix who descended from heaven. I am the ruler of the ethereal realm. I am the creator of the universe. I am your god. I am the final judge of the Island of Nonda.

“People of Rindaria, we have tried the Nondans, and we together will push them into the sea. Fight with me and be forever free of Nondan oppression.”

“We will conquer Nonda and keep it for ourselves!” a man in the crowd shouted.

“The Nondans will pay,” another said.

“Freedom from tyranny.”

The crowd of Rindarians cheered.

“What do you say, King?” the herald said.

The king was saddened but agreed to fight with Pyra.

“Be ready,” the herald said as he stepped back onto the ship, “for the ruin of Nonda is near.”

* * *​

Miles, Noctu, and Gallin stayed at Castle Lumina, the home of the Tinyarian King.

“Castle Lumina was built in honor of King Cicéro just before the Great War,” Miles said. “During the war, I commanded the Nondan armies from this castle. It seems I will be doing so again.”

“Father,” Noctu said, remembering the conversation between his father and Aulic, “what does King Phoinix have to do with Pyra?”

“Pyra is King Phoinix.”

“Who’s Pyra?” Gallin asked.

“Pyra?”

“Phoinix?”

“Pyra—Phoinix, I meant to say King Phoinix…” Gallin said bashfully.

“King Phoinix,” Miles explained, “was a Nardoyan king. He is known for his sin of blasphemy against the Creator.”

“What did he do that was blasphemous?” Gallin asked.

“He built a large statue at Nardoya’s capital, Salem. It was a statue of himself. He claimed that he was the Creator, and he forced the Nardoyans to bow to him. Those who refused were to be killed; but before anyone bowed to him or his statue, the Nardoyans imprisoned him, and he was later banished by the Nondan Senate for acts of tyranny. Until today, only a few Nardoyans who were alive at the time of Phoinix knew that he had become Latracia’s Emperor.”

The three fell asleep, but a messenger came to Miles during the night.

“Miles, sir,” the man said, “the Rindarian king is here.”

Miles went to the main hall of the castle to meet the king.

“Hail, King Odin of Rindaria,” said Miles.

“Miles, I came as quickly as I could,” King Odin said. “Pyra’s herald came to Rindaria today. He’s persuaded my sons to fight against the Nondans. I came with some of my men who had not heard Pyra’s words, to warn you of the coming danger, from both Pyra and Rindaria.”

“Can’t you stop your people from this?”

“I will try when I return, but the way Pyra spoke to them, I know my words will not change their hearts. I am grieved, Miles. He deceived them. They are his now. But I will try when I return. If I may find any who will hear truth, truth will be proclaimed.”

“Thank you, King Odin,” Miles said. Odin gave farewells and returned to Rindaria.

A few days later, Aulic came back from his travel to Tritica, but less than fifty Tritican warriors were with him.

“Aulic, fifty?” Miles said.

“That is all that could come,” Aulic said.

“What did Maya say?”

“She was sorry that no more offered to come. The harvest is this month, and since most Tritican warriors are independent, only a few came.”

“Fifty? Oh, God, give us help from trouble, for the help of man is useless.”

A Tinyarian officer appeared, and said, “King Aulic, Sir Miles, please, quickly, to the port. The Latracians are at sea.”

Miles and Aulic hurried to the harbor.

“They’ve outmatched our ships,” the officer said. “The Nondan ships that remain now come in.”

“Pyra starts his attack sooner than I expected,” Miles said.

Aulic looked around. “Where are Gallin and Noctu?”

“They are still at the castle,” Miles said.

“No we’re not,” Noctu said, he and Gallin appearing suddenly.

“Noctu, go back to the castle,” his father told him.

“You too, Gallin,” Aulic said.

The boys, defeated, walked back to Castle Lumina. Miles and Aulic waited for the Latracians. Miles commanded that all Tinyarian soldiers were to come to the port. An hour had passed when the Latracian ships entered the harbor. The Tinyarian and Tritican armies were now at the harbor, preparing for battle.

The Latracians landed. The first off the ship was found in the neck by a Tritican arrow. Deadly arrows and spears found all of the enemies as they came out of their ships, but when the Latracians came onto land in a sudden storm, the organized Nondan defense decayed. There was commotion, running, shouting. The cries of those being stabbed were echoed by the gulls in the dark sky. Arrows cruised the pathways, searching for victims. The eerie whistles of the darts were drowned out by the shrieks of those who were pierced. As more Latracians came ashore, chaos heightened. Every moment, death reigned.

An enemy ship raised its flag of peace, and slowly, the battle paused. The high herald of Pyra stepped out of the ship and said once again, “Who will hear me?”

King Aulic made himself known.

“Ah, Aulic, King of Tinyaria,” the herald said, “I am the high herald of Pyra King of Latracia. Hear him speak.”

“Silence yourself, demon,” Miles said.

“Miles,” the herald said, “do not interfere in that which is not yours to be in.”

“The Nondans are not negotiators with those belonging to hell,” Miles said, ignoring the herald’s words. He spoke to the crowd of warriors, saying, “This man, Pyra, proclaims peace for all, but it is a false peace and a false hope. The Rindarians were seduced by his deceiving words of peace, but they did not know the truth, and they were weak. We will not negotiate with Pyra because we know the truth that he is the minister of the devil and the perverter of the truth proclaimed by the Creator. The Nondans will valiantly obey the will of the Creator, and He shall tread down those who oppose Him.”

“I will lower the peace flag then, and we will continue our war,” the herald said.

A flaming Nondan arrow blazed through the sky to the flag. The flag burned, and its ashes were taken by the wind.

Before the battle could restart, Miles and Aulic were told that Castle Lumina was under attack by Latracians. The two sneaked away from the battle, but they heard the erupting roar of clashing swords and spears at the port.

“Our sons will be killed if the Latracians find them,” Miles said, as they ran toward Castle Lumina.

When they arrived at the castle, they saw a dozen Latracians shooting arrows at the castle walls, laughing in drunkenness.

“This is—strange,” Aulic said, and Miles agreed. With a few slashes of Miles’ sword, the horrific siege was ended.

Miles and Aulic entered the castle and found their sons. Gallin stared off the castle walls, and said, “Father, the Latracians.”

“Miles,” Aulic said as he looked with his son, “the Latracians are coming, and I see also Rindarian ships in the harbor.”

“Then we lost the battle?” Noctu asked.

“Wait, I see… the Nondans are being pursued by the Latracians.”

“They’re retreating,” Miles said.

“Miles, should we stay in the castle or flee?” Aulic asked.

“We won’t have enough to defend the castle for long. I think we should flee to Nardoya.”

Miles, Aulic, Noctu, and Gallin left the castle, and most others followed their example. The four hastened on their horses toward Nardoya, and in a couple of hours, they stood in front of the Nardoyan Gate.

The Nardoyan Gate spanned from Mount Igneus, the Mountain of Fire, to the eastern mountain chain. The gate was massive and could only be opened by the combined strength of a massive group of men, and only from the inside.

“Why is it closed? It’s never closed,” Miles said. Then, he shouted up to the top of the gate, but no one responded.

* * *​

“It’s only Aulic, and Miles,” he said. “If Maya was here, then we could have a kingly reunion.”

“You’re sick,” said Marcus, the King of Nardoya and Emperor of Nonda, to King Regan of Ferraria.

“Open the gate!” Regan shouted.

“How could you betray Nonda?” Marcus asked Regan.

“How could I betray Nonda? You and the other Nardoyans are the ones who have been lying to the Nondan Empire for the past two hundred years.”

Marcus opened his mouth to talk, but Regan quickly gave a “shut up.”

“Why, Aulic, Miles, hello,” Regan said as they walked through the gate.

“King Regan,” Aulic said, “What brings you to Nardoya?”

“And, Marcus, why was the gate closed?” Miles said, and he laughed. “It makes me feel not welcomed.”

“Perhaps, Miles, you are not welcomed,” Regan said.

“What?” Miles looked at Marcus, who held a troubled expression.

“Pyra came to Ferraria, and he told me how you Nardoyans have been treacherous to the Nondans and how you’ve been lying to us,” Regan said. “Do you know what made that worse: You have been in sin and yet the Creator still blesses you. Why? The Ferrarians still worship the Creator, as we always have. Why doesn’t He give us the long life? I may never know why, but we’ll always been considered your inferior counterparts. You are the ones He favors, and we are the ones whom He rejects.”

“It’s because the Ferrarians don’t honor the Him,” Miles responded. “You’ve always been legalistic and idolatrous. You are your own gods.”

“You’re very arrogant, Miles. Ah! look, the Latracians and the Rindarians are coming. Let us meet them outside.”

Marcus, Aulic, Miles, Noctu, and Gallin were led out to the crowd of angry Latracians and Rindarians.

“Listen!” Regan said. “I am the Emperor of Nonda, King Regan of Ferraria. Here are your prisoners, a lovely bunch. Do with them as you will.”

“You aren’t the Emperor of Nonda!” a Rindarian man shouted. “Pyra promised Nonda to us. It is Rindaria’s.”

“No,” Regan spoke again. “Pyra promised Nondan rule to the Ferrarians.”

“Rindaria’s? Ferraria’s?” a Latracian captain said. “Nonda is and will always be under the Latracian Empire, and we won’t have your island scum on our promised land.”

The ground began to rumble, and then came the violent shake. Smoke and ash came out of Mount Igneus. Lava spilled out of the mountain, and the river of fire came toward the group, burning the forests as it traveled. The ground shook more and more intensely, and a fissure appeared in the earth. The Latracian army fell in and was swallowed to hell. The earth closed up, and the quake stopped.

“People of Rindaria,” Miles said. “Don’t you see? Pyra will do anything to win you. He may tell half-truths, or give empty promises. Pyra has deceived to you.

“I am sorry for the sin of my people. The Nardoyans were truly grieved that we had elected Phoinix as our king. He fooled us into thinking he was a good man who honored the Creator. We shouldn’t have withheld the truth from you, that he had become the Latracian Emperor, but we were afraid for the unity of Nonda and the peace we shared with Rindaria. If we had told you two hundred years ago, this war probably wouldn’t have happened. I’m sorry.”

Miles’ speech seemed to change the hearts of the Rindarians and Regan. They now realized they had been deceived. The Rindarians cast down their weapons.

“Nonda belongs to the Nondans, all of us,” King Marcus said to Regan, and Regan agreed.

“That’s great, but the lava is still coming,” Gallin said.

“To Nardoya! Through the gate!” King Marcus shouted.

As the Nondans and Rindarians marched through the gate, Aulic said, “Where is Pyra now?”

Miles answered, “He’s in despair.”

The Nondans and Rindarians celebrated the victory well, for they knew that Pyra’s return would come soon enough, but they held faith that no matter the force of the onslaught, the Creator would give them strength to overcome.

* * *​

Why boastest thou thyself in mischief, O mighty man?
The goodness of God endureth continually.
Thy tongue deviseth mischiefs;
Like a sharp razor, working deceitfully.
Thou lovest evil more than good;
And lying rather than to speak righteousness. Selah.
Thou lovest all devouring words,
O thou deceitful tongue.
God shall likewise destroy thee for ever,
He shall take thee away, and pluck thee out of thy dwelling place,
And root thee out of the land of the living. Selah.
The righteous also shall see, and fear,
And shall laugh at him:
Lo, this is the man that made not God his strength;
But trusted in the abundance of his riches,
And strengthened himself in his wickedness.
But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God:
I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever.
I will praise Thee for ever,
Because Thou hast done it:
And I will wait on Thy name;
For it is good before Thy saints.
— Psalm 52

* * * End * * *​

Romans 5:18, Psalm 60:11-12, Psalm 108:12-13, Psalm 52

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Congrats on being the first story submitted. Haven't read it, but congrats on that

RDK

Smash Hero
Congrats, OnYourMark. Is that it, or were you planning on writing more...?

And I could have sworn someone else posted a WWYP5 story earlier...maybe they deleted it...

Demoncaterpie, I'm anxious to read yours, if you're entering the contest. I'll be posting mine soon, also.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
haha... of course i'm going to write more.
and eorlingas, Mr.Lombardi34 posted a story (before i posted mine, i should add) ^_^

no epic cliches =P i'll try my best =/
thanks DC

RDK

Smash Hero
Mr.Lombardi34 posted a story... eorlingas, lombardi posted his before i posted mine ^_^
Yeah, that's his name. I don't think he posted it in the WWYP thread, tho'.

>_<

Redstar: He's got about 900 more words to go before it's a story.
Lol, I expected as much.

Just make sure you beat Scav, OnYourMark. :)

RDK

Smash Hero
Can you actuallly win by being like the only entry? I thought there was a minimum entry number for the contest to be legit...

I guess we better bone up on our writing, eh Demoncaterpie.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
there's some Nondan history for you. i basically summed up 230 years of Nondan history in 267 words.
any questions? is it non-understandable?

more to come of course. i haven't even started the main story line yet.
...which makes me worry about the word count.

but, i've never went over a word limit before, so i have (no) hope ^_^

EDIT: *edit*

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
I did post the first story, but it wasn't (and still isn't) finished when I posted it. Oh well.

I don't know what I thought about the story though.

1. Reading this introduction was rather boring to be honest. I think it has potential but...

2. How are you going to write a huge epic in 9 days without rushing? Anyway, what do I know, I've never written a story here before. ^_^

RDK

Smash Hero
So far, great job OnYourMark!

Yes, the intro was a little slow, but I loved the backstory, and I like where you're taking the plot.

Keep it up!

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
this latter scene is strikingly similar to a real-life incident O_O
racism sucks. actually, this tinyarian-tritic thing is more a case of nationalism i guess.

thanks, lombardi and darkstar, i'll try to work on the intro.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
What you need to do is hook us in. You don't want to pour on lots of setup, you want to create an exiting situation from the start. That doesn't mean delete the intro, but don't just make the intro a cruddy setup that you have to get through in order to read the big story. Good job though, imaginitive.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
This is part of a conversation i had with a friend of mine. Well, i thought this person was asking for the definition of "usurp", and then i thought the person was asking why i capitalized "Thrown", but i was wrong. twice. actually, three times if you count the fact that i spelled thrown throne. Gosh, i'm slipping up.

OYM: one times... how do you speel “oxy moron”?
MIC: idk oym
MIC: i wouldn't know
MIC: XD
MIC: “Nonda and usurp the Thrown”
OYM: Nonda and usurp the Thrown?
MIC: what does that mean?
MIC: do you mean throne
MIC: or is it supposed to be like that
OYM: take it for his own i guess
OYM: oh
OYM: it's THE Throne
OYM: of Nonda
OYM: Imperical
OYM: POWER
MIC: so it's called
MIC: thrown
OYM: what?
MIC: interesting
MIC: you spelt it thrown
MIC: !!!!!!!!!!
OYM: omg
OYM: OMG
OYM: OGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGMMMMMMMMMMMM
MIC: that's right.
MIC: i rule
MIC: the thrown
OYM: throne
MIC: XD
OYM: that's like the second time i've done that this week

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Cool beginning, although I agree with the others who have said it's a little boring. Also, the reader gets bogged down in the huge amount of names, races, nations, etc. so you may want to watch out for that. It also gets wordy and overdramatic in areas, especially when you're trying to describe the fear that two characters were feeling about the 200 year old secret. Finally, how does this story follow the prompt? Where is the non-present character? Maybe I missed something.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
I'm about finished now... so thanks.
i hope i'll have time to edit more.

jam stunna, about the prompt, i made the non-present character Pyra.
i'm not sure if it's good enough for the judges' tastes, but i thought it was good. well, not good, but.. i hope it does fit the prompt... ^_^;;
and thanks for the advice, i'll try working on it.

i'm so glad that i just managed to finish!!! i want to scream and shout joyously!!! i had so much to do this week, it feels good to be finished (for the most part...). YIPEE!.. sugoi desu!!!
AAHHHHHH! ^_^Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as we'd say in hawaii,

got SPAM?

hey, i didn't plan it, but i realize how ironic the story's title is! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom