• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sugarpoultry art dump!

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Here are what I have so far of my Link drawings.

This is a picture I drew for my husbands Smash Nexus site.

Feel free to comment. Most of these were my first attempts at Link, but I am getting better. Also, check out more of my drawings here:
sugarpoultry on deviantART

So, I've been working on Halloween costumes for my husband and I, and this is what I have so far. :D

The shield took me 4 hours to make.

Me with my creation. ^_^

Hehe, I am proud!

The Zelda skirt cloth took about 2 hours.

The arm guard took about an hour and a half. It is made of card board, so I was just experimenting.

Also, the directions to make a nice tunic are here: Grey Company: Tunic and Pants

Guide to Hylian Shield Creation

Here is what you need: (All these items can be found at your local crafts store)

1. 2 white foamcore boards.
2. Blue & metallic silver acrylic paint and paintbrush.
3. Red, Yellow, and Silver fun foam (kids section).
4. Really strong super glue or a hot glue gun.
5. Knife or big exacto knife.
6. Print out this full size layout of the shield: http://sugarpoultry.googlepages.com/shield_pattern.jpg

The shied itself should be around 14.40W X 17.61H. Just go to Kinkos or someplace like that and have them print the full size. If you want your shield bigger than that, then you can.
Or if you want, you can split the picture into 4 pieces, print them out separately, and tape them together (that is what I did).

Either way, it needs to be its full size so you can trace it.

STEP ONE - Trace the outside

Once you print out the shield outline, cut it out, then lay it on one of your slabs of foamcore. Use your sharp knife or exacto knife to cut and trace it till you cut out the shape of the shield.

STEP TWO - Bend the shield

You have to wet one side of the foamcore to get it to bend. Take a brush and dampen one side with water. Gently bend it each time until you get the shaped curve of the shield that you want. Bend it in other places other than the middle. Its OK if it gets wrinkly.

STEP THREE - Paint the shield

Get out the blue paint and lay it on the shield. Leave about an inch blank all the way around so it won't mess up the glue for the second layer.

STEP FOUR - Second layer/shield border

While the paint is drying, take your shield printout and cut another outline on your other piece of foam core. Unfortunately, the print out I have doesn't have a border, so you will have to draw and shape it the way you want the border to look like, whether you want OOT or the TP border look.

Before you cut it out, wet the backside and bend it the way you want. Then cut out the shield shape and now the middle. Now you should have a slightly bent border.

Paint the border with the silver metallic paint.
Note: this stuff is a lot more runny and takes longer to dry.

Once it is dry, I recommend taking some sandpaper to smooth out the edges of both the shield and the border. Makes it nicer! :D

STEP FIVE - Gluing the border and shield together

Once both parts are dry, lay the border on top of the shield and glue it. I recommend a hot glue gun, but if you have enough super glue, that works. If they are not lined up correctly, just cut off the excess underneath.

Let it sit for a while and make sure its stuck real good.

STEP SIX - Fun foam!!!

Take your shield print out and cut the pieces out. (The Triforce, Eagle, etc.) Note: If you made the border too thick, the pieces won't fit and you will have to resize them and print them out again.

Lay the pieces on the appropriate colors, trace with a pencil, then cut them out. Super glue the fun foam pieces on the shield. Look at my pictures or any pictures of Links shield to know how to make it look. If you want to add more items and be creative, go ahead!

And that is it!!! It look me about 4 hours to do it. I was a little distracted, but I'm sure you can do it faster! Good luck!!!

- Jennette "Sugarpoultry"

mkmelee

Smash Lord
Whoah... Not bad, not bad. Drawings are pretty good, and the poses are pretty okay, though some of them look stiff. You should add proper shading to your drawings, and learn Link's face more. In many of your drawings you added some features that were not very link-like and didn't really fit with the rest of your drawing.

Good overall, and very cool shield.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Here is some more stuff I am making.

New and Improved shield

Zelda Shoulder Armor

I have been working on drawings again, I'll add more soon!! ^_^

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
More pictures!!!

Here are some more pictures I have drawn this past week.

Even hero's get sick.

"Hold me, Link"

Link's wolf transformation. I know his clothes are different than the game, it was a quick sketch.

"Worry not, my princess"

My Shadow, My Curse....

Zelda thanking Wolf Link

View more of my art at my deviantart page! http://sugarpoultry.deviantart.com/

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I hereby dedicate my 3000th post to my wife. ^_^

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Brand new artwork. This has nothing to do with Zelda or Link or anything, but this is just some more stuff I like to draw. Mostly RP characters. Let me know what you think!

First one is Lilliandra, princess of Arcadia.

This is Bethany, my main RP character. My favorite. :D

This is actually my husband Kelly (BUZZ), as an angel, but I used him in my games. His name is Yllek. ;)

And yes, this is Bethany and Yllek together. Kind of like me and my husband. Mwaha!

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
--Pardon double post, here is more art!--

Here is more of Bethany and since I got my digital drawing pad, I've been going crazy at drawing my werewolf character Anya, and a few others. :)

Newest of Bethany - "Hanging"

"After battle is over, and the sun as risen, you find your lover dead or dying, and you wonder why, and you beg on hands in knees with your whole heart, please... please don't die...."

~Anya~
Anya Character Profile

"What am I?"

Transformation

Anya on all fours

Anya Angry

Anya - "Wolf gazing"

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Whatever. She's just mad because someone else killed him before you got to. Your mouth is open, ready to eat his head now.

Kaento

Smash Apprentice
Awesome work! i like the shield and all of those other items you made. i think i've seen you at a zelda forum before.. could be wrong.

anyway, keep up the good work!

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Awesome work! i like the shield and all of those other items you made. i think i've seen you at a zelda forum before.. could be wrong.

anyway, keep up the good work!
Thank you very much :D :D :D

Yeah, I'm on Zelda Universe and Zelda Forum as well.
BTW, I saw your sig show. You do awesome work! Hopefully one day I'll get that good. ;)

Florida

イーグランツ
Your artwork is simply amazing! Really, awesome job! *cough*drawboozer*cough*
And that shield! I want one >.>!

And, by the way, you have a really nice smile!
Awesome job!

.::Link::.

Smash Apprentice
Wow and I thought all you could do is signatures....boy was I wrong!

Your creations are beautiful....I especially love the detail on Zelda's dress in the last black and white drawing.

Wow, you love video games, have amazing artistic abilities, and you are good looking.....I think I'm in love :p

(Buzz you lucky ba$stard ;))

-Link-

Akiak

Smash Ace
Your drawings are beautiful! I love how you make the wings.
I voted for you both in the first voting and the final voting as best artist and best sig!

And once I tried making a Link costume last Halloween.

But for the shield I cut out a piece of cardboard, glued a blue piec of paper the same shape on it, and drew the designs with markers.
And then I covered the sides with silver foil. It didn't come out so good :(.
Your shield is AWESOME! Next time i'll follow your instructions!

I also made an arrow container tube shaped. I made some arrows out of cardboard and put some fake blood on the tip and put them in.

Since I only had an hour, the costume didn't come out perfectly.
I bet your costume came out great!
Kudos to you!

BTW do you have a photo of the complete costume?

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey thanks. :) I wanna see pictures of your costume!

And I totally forgot to post the final pictures. I posted them in the Backroom, but not here. :( Thanks for the reminder! ^_^

Here they are. I made everything you see but his sword, wig, boots, and our ears. I started in July and finished the week before Halloween.

Just for the heck of it, our pumpkin:

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I've always wanted to design RPGs. Now I have a full-time loyal artist and composer. :D

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wait, i think i never saw this thread before! I must've mistaken it for the siggy shop. Anyway, you've got some very nice skills there.

Sigh, i've always wanted to make myself a kaonashi mask, yet i suck at that kind of things. So i tend to admire people who can make decent costumes a lot.

peach-man

Smash Journeyman
The sweet, sweet land of sweet, sweet, chocolate,
That made me drool... and the suits aren't bad either! >.< XD (I know, that's a corny sentence)
no really, the talent is just oozing out >.< XD (another corny one)
another boy who fell in love with a girl way out of his league... lol (can it get any cornyer)
Buzz really is a lucky b@stard :p
don't you dare to lose her, k? XD (I got to stop... I'm gonna make me sick...)

anyway, now you got my vote for the awards XD

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anywho, more images from me :)

I'll get a color version up later.

Discription: Aundria is another one of my gargoyle/dracona creations. Unlike Bethany, Aundria is evil. She isn't related to her, but she's connected deeply, but she wasn't always that way.

Aundria was one of the last of their kind a long time ago and friends/allies with Bethany. But Bethany made a wrong choice and Aundria still to this day feels betrayed. She broke contact with her and Bethany assumed she was dead.

She is now a paid assassin by some terrorists. A "secret weapon" according to them. She is against everything that Bethany stands for and she hates Bethany. Bethany knows there is still good in her.

"Best part of my job"

I love that Link was almost werewolf, so I took that to a whole new level.

New character I'm looking to develop. She's a werewolf, I'll get one of her up in her wolf form soon as I draw one. LOL ^_^

Here transformation changes.

A_Spaz

Smash Rookie
Wow, most all of these are really good.
The only complaint I have is that for some of the earlier
sketches, the faces don't quite look natural.
But it's a small complaint. Everything else is amazing.

I wish I could draw like that...xD

ThreeX

Smash Lord
i <3 your drawings... close up on link's face = BEAUTIFUL lol, and.. the one of dark link fighting link.. niceee ^^; err ><; everything pic is good, i really wish i could draw.. all i can do is like, dumb little "doodles" on my notebooks in class lmao, once again... awesome work.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks guys!

Ok, so this took me ALL FREAKIN' DAY to do. I used 3 tutorials and had a lot of patience. My new Character, Vayl. Not sure what he is yet, but, we'll learn about him out one day. ;)

Top Bottom