• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ITT: We watch and discuss Azen vs Rob$

mog87

Smash Ace
I just wanted the first thread, but this is a good set from MLG NYC Level 1 Brackets, they faced twice but unfortunately I only found videos from Finals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD1Jyk-r5pg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRf0HAwoTUQ

Anyway watch and discuss, the commentary provides plenty off stuff to start, of note for me atleast was Azen using the CC to neutralize the jab and get easy forward smash kills when sheik was at too high of a % to combo into a kill. Enjoy.

mkmelee

Smash Lord
Great matches, but Azen just had a far greater control over the matches with good spacing, quickly linked moves, effective guarding, and very practical edgeguarding.

Wow... that commentary was very awkward, mostly on dj's part. Asians usually aren't the best at that kind of thing.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
this is defintely not the kind of discussion i expected...oh well.
There's really not much to discuss.

Azen plays near perfect defense and Rob$ has a lot of trouble getting in from above. He probably should have double jumped out of Azen's Up-tilt combos instead of trying to DI.

D1

Banned via Administration
To add something worth discussing in this thread.

I'd say M2K's Marth v. Shiek strat is partially inspired by Azen's Marth.

I never remember M2K even maining Marth back during MLG 06 Playoffs. Azen is the Marth uair King...M2K is the prince.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i don't what you guys say..their commentary is 230949320493290490432903249032434293294087230x better than the mother ****ing annoying *** EVO announcer...
"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW MAN!!!!!"

public speaking is very difficult in those kind of situations. Theres very little room between talking too little and saying useless stuff. You tend to splurge out the first htings that pop into your head..and then it becomes a game of trying to pick and choose the spasming sentences that are more obvious than informative.

kerploplesteesh

Smash Journeyman
azen never ceases to amaze me. His control of the match was unrivaled in both matches. Perhaps if rob would have played a more defensive style he would have had more of a chance.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
LOL!

Wow this brings back memories...

My AFC Days....

Need to step up my commentary. Wonder if people still think I sound like that.

*Note to self*

Foward Smash =/= Down Smash

irealyhatepozers

Smash Journeyman
Dan, if you can get Alan to 3 stock me twice in our MM, then i will send you $10 with alan when he goes back up.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I noticed that Robmoney used a lot of aerials, mainly uairs and fairs, which to all common sense isn't wise against a marth user. He also wasn't very elusive, and seemed to be trying too hard to get in dash attacks, etc. Entertaining matches, nonetheless.

Oh, and the commentary was very helpful.

El Cancel

Smash Journeyman
i loved the commentary. you can learn a lot from that besides just watching matches.

utilts, uairs, fsmashes, and throws. mmm.

mog87

Smash Ace
Interestingly enough from what I understand the set in winners bracket was a bit closer, Though I actually only saw the end of the last match. I guess there we see adaptation being a vital trait of a high level player.

T3st1fy

Smash Rookie
Wow.. Very nice match :] A lot more fun to watch than Ken. Ken just plays too relaxed for it to be really interesting to me. I like seeing all that showing off!

Top Bottom