• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Psycho Mantis For Brawl.

hXd

Smash Cadet

Okay, so if Snake's franchise were to have another representitive, it HAS to be this guy. Why, you ask?

One, because he the most unique character to grace MGS, and two, because he's not ANOTHER sword wielder. Brawl really doesn't need anyone else with a sword in their hands. Psycho Mantis uses psychokinesis and kinetic energy to damage enemies, much in the fashion of Mewtwo. Screw Mewtwo- if they want to improve on his formula and give it to someone, give it to Mantis.

Basic Stats:

Speed- Moderate/Fast

Jump- Slow Faller (Ness, Mewtwo, Peach)

Move Set:

Ground Neutral A- Arm Swipe (basic Punch)

A x3- Two Arm Swipes and a spinning band hand kinetic powered arm swipe.

Ground Crouching A- Basic Leg Sweep

Air Neutral A- Kinetic Flash Field (Like Mewtwo's)

Air Forward A- Cross Kick

Air Backwards A- Spinning Arm Swipe (Like C. Falcon's)

Air Down A- Two Handed Kinetic Thrust [Spike move]

Air Up A- Somersault Kick
-----------------------------------

Neutral B- Psychokinetic Energy Ball [Chargeable]

Up B- Teleport Upwards [Third Jump] (Like Mewtwo)

Forward B- Psychic Counter (Like Marth/Roy's counter move, instead he would teleport behind the opponent and hit them, while saying "I can read your mind!")

Down B- Ground Based Shockwave [Short Distance]
------------------------------------

Forward Smash- Double Arm Kinetic Cross Swipe

Down Smash- Diagonal Downward Kinetic Thrust (Like Samus)

Up Smash- Kinetic Uppercut
-------------------------------------

Throw Stance- Sticks his arm out and holds them in front of him with kinetic energy. A would cause him to send volts of energy through the opponent's body.

Forward Throw- Mantis charges a ball right in front of them and releases it point blank.

Up Throw- Mantis moves them in a circular motion and releases them upwards.

Backwards Throw- Mantis simply shoots his arm back and the opponent follows.
--------------------------------------

Final Smash: "Psycho Ball"

Mantis jumps into the air and creates a huge ball of energy by shooting both arms upwards (think Spirit Bomb from Dragon Ball Z) and launches it downwards, causing massive damage to anyone in the trajectory.

I think that just about covers it. Let me know what you think or if I missed anything.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I like Psycho Mantis. I think he's one of the coolest and original bosses ever. What other game enemy reads your memory card and predicts your every move?

But I don't think he'd work for Brawl. We got enough psychics.

Seeing the moveset, I'm assuming he's like Mewtwo except the energy is less visible so that he appears more psychic.

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice
He would be overpowered, because no-one using a wiimote would be able to beat him, as they have no second controller port to plug into.

hXd

Smash Cadet
I like Psycho Mantis. I think he's one of the coolest and original bosses ever. What other game enemy reads your memory card and predicts your every move?

But I don't think he'd work for Brawl. We got enough psychics.

Seeing the moveset, I'm assuming he's like Mewtwo except the energy is less visible so that he appears more psychic.
The way I envision him, is being a faster, mostly lag-free Mewtwo with better smashes. Mewtwo's smashes are HORRIBLY slow, and if they consider Mantis, that would be the first thing I'd improve.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
He would be overpowered, because no-one using a wiimote would be able to beat him, as they have no second controller port to plug into.
Awesome post. Up-B turns the screen to Hideo (that guy loves himself I swear)

he is cool don't get me wrong hes cool and kirby with his mask would look sweet but nah, he has 0 chance

drewdizzal

Smash Apprentice
@JesterBox LOL on the hideo screen. that should actually be his final smash. then during the hideo screen everyone has to switch their controllers to differnt ports so mantis wont be able to read your mind. that would just be hilarious.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I think that if he was after one of the first metal gear games, nintendo does not own him,, Dont attack me if I am wrong, but this is what I remember hearing...

Great idea, although probably not going to happen :(

hXd

Smash Cadet
I think that if he was after one of the first metal gear games, nintendo does not own him,, Dont attack me if I am wrong, but this is what I remember hearing...

Great idea, although probably not going to happen :(
Well technically, the remake of MGS appeared n Gamecube, so that could make him a choice.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
what about the chick in the red armor from the acid series... oh wait nvm

yah this guy would be a good choice for second mgs rep, as long as snake gets a big boss and an MGS4 costume

tirkaro

Smash Champion
perhaps psyco could be an assist trophy, where he brings up the hideo screen, and he says "you've been playing (insert wii game here) havent you?" through the wiimote, and once gameplay starts up again, the controls are switched around. and once the match is over, the announcer says "FISSION MAILED"

DokturSea

Smash Lord
No. There will most likely be only one character per third party company.

As an AT? Eeeergeeeh....maybe. I dunno. I don't think every character is going to "get" an AT, but what do I know?

hXd

Smash Cadet
Yeah, this whole AT thing is giving characters slimmer chances to be playable. Before you know it, the roster will just be the one from Melee with Wario, Pit, Metaknight, ZS Samus and Snake.

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice
No. There will most likely be only one character per third party company.
I'm sure once they get access to certain games to get characters from, they will also get items from those 3rd party games as well, and ATs are items, so it's possible

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Dump Mewtwo and add in a REAL Psychic. Mewtwo is a pathetic weakling compared to Psycho Mantis

Top Bottom